Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

They chose to include the U.S. Cellular roaming because they plan on roaming on U.S. Cellular by year end. They can't pick and choose to show LTE Roaming on their own map but not Sprint's because then people will call them out for shady marketing practices.

will roaming on USCC incur a hard cutoff @ 100/300MB?

will roaming on USCC incur a hard cutoff @ 100/300MB?

Thought it counted as native data?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

USCC is pure roaming. You will have a 100MB cap if you are roaming on USCC. (Assuming we are talking about Sprint here).

Did Sprint recently remove the roaming throttle when on us cellular? I'm on band 2 and 12 and seeing close to 30 mbits when it has always been throttled to 2 mbits.

USCC is not throttled...at least it has never been for me. Maybe they did some upgrades in your area?

USCC is not throttled...at least it has never been for me. Maybe they did some upgrades in your area?

Was throttled for me up here to 2 mbits and I think other areas from experiences I have read. Either way, nice to see a change.

Was throttled for me up here to 2 mbits and I think other areas from experiences I have read. Either way, nice to see a change.

You are assuming Uscc actually properly backhauls all of their cell sites....

It's not unusual for them to have T1 lines feeding their lte sites.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

With some of the places i have seen USCC have towers, i think they are doing well with T1's to the sites.

I will concede and take everyones word for it i guess that there was no throttle on LTE to 2mbits.  every site i had tried up until this point was 2 mbits.  could have sworn i even read it somewhere.

In the areas I'm familiar with, they use microwave backhaul for many of their sites.  Certainly doesn't surprise me that they could use T1 lines or whatever else they're able to get at some of their sites.

- Trip

14af2bd8689a6a2353d157af0e637768.png

I just wanted to add this I don't know if anyone reported this .. sprint has been very quiet about this .. this may be the game changer sprint needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes that's a lot. Sprint has been very hush on the network front so I wonder how many have been deployed. If Sprint is trying to densify the network. They'll get it with that amount.

Yikes that's a lot. Sprint has been very hush on the network front so I wonder how many have been deployed. If Sprint is trying to densify the network. They'll get it with that amount.

Ya, this is the most aggressive sprint has been in a long time .. a lot Marco sites are getting there as well.. so there are about 15 thousand sites without band 41 .. that will soon change

Ya, this is the most aggressive sprint has been in a long time .. a lot Marco sites are getting there as well.. so there are about 15 thousand sites without band 41 .. that will soon change

Things are definitely ramping up. Something we should have seen 2 years ago. With that amount over 50k mini macros, they can seen a few hundred per city with ease and expand out into new areas with it. I'm sure this is all prep for 5G which I do believe that Sprint will be a major player in it. Nonetheless it's good to see that they are filling in gaps. Seeing that report coming from Nokia makes me want to fully port back to Sprint and not just have Sprint as a secondary account to T-Mobile.

While is it nice to see this coming from Nokia, we kinda already knew and its been happening for quite some time. Take a look at others posting in the premiere thread and specific markets and you would see extensive Small cells and Mini macro deployment.

• Like 4

While is it nice to see this coming from Nokia, we kinda already knew and its been happening for quite some time. Take a look at others posting in the premiere thread and specific markets and you would see extensive Small cells and Mini macro deployment.

I hope the debt payment due next year .. won't slow sprint down any

These Mini Macros are great. However, I wish they were capable of more than 2CA given the prevalence of 3CA and 4CA Sprint devices available.

What's the upgrade path for these Mini Macros? Switching them out for new Macro gear (perhaps 8T8R builds) eventually and moving them to other locations which need them until new funding is available for new Macro builds?

These Mini Macros are great. However, I wish they were capable of more than 2CA given the prevalence of 3CA and 4CA Sprint devices available.

What's the upgrade path for these Mini Macros? Switching them out for new Macro gear (perhaps 8T8R builds) eventually and moving them to other locations which need them until new funding is available for new Macro builds?

Possibly adding multiple mini macros per sector. Still 2xCA per UE, but you get a capacity boost.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I also know that they have some sites that have 8t8r antennas so halfway there..
  • Like 1