Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I might not be reading your post correctly...

But I think too many people think Sprint would be buying Charter. If it were to happen, SoftBank is buying Charter and using it's US presence to be the tool. And I'd suspect the surviving name would be Charter or a whole new name.

But also as many stated here pure speculation. Hell maybe SoftBank is leaking this to worry or poke DT

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

No way is Softbank buying Charter. We already are seeing cable company consolidation begin, but its likely going to be more of an internal acquisition, with current ownership buying each other up, rather than outside companies coming in to make purchases of already currently existing large cable companies.

I was really surprised to hear Charter and Comcast interested in buying Sprint in the first place, until I thought about it more and what that could mean long-term with Comcast's close working relationship with Verizon. Without that, buying Sprint doesn't mean so much to them, and perhaps Comcast has recently had a change of mind reverting to what they and other cable companies really ought to be focusing on right now, which is national consolidation of cable, not getting involved in wireless.

The big reason behind consolidation is to be able to offer the biggest, best bundles of service. Cable companies really cannot do that right now with a purchase of a wireless company, because their cable outreach is regional, not national. So, those large glorious bundles would only serve regionally, rather than on a national scale. This is why it is bad for business having to do things locally and by state or region. National coverage is best.

So these cable companies are going to have to merge, while figuring a way to satisfy the governmental regulations concerning monopolies. What may end up having to happen here, is where there ends up being two national cable companies sharing the cable access across the country, each owning a wireless company, while AT&T takes on the layout of the third option being that of Fiber, also while owning their own wireless service. However, cable may be able to do better by claiming Fiber is an intensively competitive product to cable, and convince the government that one national cable company is enough.

In that case, we may be seeing two companies on a national level, one running cable and their wireless service, while the other one runs Fiber, with their own wireless service, while each company contracts to local MVNOs offering their own local Wisp services, which may satisfy the government enough to allow this.

2 different screenshots, one of the Speedtest after the test, and another after imgur post, and it isn't hard to get a 10ms ping on Sprint. Look at the speedtest, not the orange border.,.

Wi-Fi is turned on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No it's on LTE look again, it's a screen shot of a screen shot..

BTW, The lowest ping I've gotten is 12, so 10 is not far off..

Upload is suspect.

Uhh yeah you're right my bad lol, been on the river all day I've had a few haha.

Don't blame you, its Sat night. Should be drinking not looking at speed test..lol You living up to your profile pic..

Few occasions have stopped me from looking at towers or engineering screens..

My girl loves that I do that..ha

• Like 1

Don't blame you, its Sat night. Should be drinking not looking at speed test..lol You living up to your profile pic..

Few occasions have stopped me from looking at towers or engineering screens..

My girl loves that I do that..ha

That's right lol, I've since moved on from Jack and onto better whiskey lol.

0c64003b91af3a9e5468c60d58a7c78a.jpgFloating tiki bar being pulled by the pontoon our maiden voyage lol.

No way is Softbank buying Charter. We already are seeing cable company consolidation begin, but its likely going to be more of an internal acquisition, with current ownership buying each other up, rather than outside companies coming in to make purchases of already currently existing large cable companies.

I was really surprised to hear Charter and Comcast interested in buying Sprint in the first place, until I thought about it more and what that could mean long-term with Comcast's close working relationship with Verizon. Without that, buying Sprint doesn't mean so much to them, and perhaps Comcast has recently had a change of mind reverting to what they and other cable companies really ought to be focusing on right now, which is national consolidation of cable, not getting involved in wireless.

The big reason behind consolidation is to be able to offer the biggest, best bundles of service. Cable companies really cannot do that right now with a purchase of a wireless company, because their cable outreach is regional, not national. So, those large glorious bundles would only serve regionally, rather than on a national scale. This is why it is bad for business having to do things locally and by state or region. National coverage is best.

So these cable companies are going to have to merge, while figuring a way to satisfy the governmental regulations concerning monopolies. What may end up having to happen here, is where there ends up being two national cable companies sharing the cable access across the country, each owning a wireless company, while AT&T takes on the layout of the third option being that of Fiber, also while owning their own wireless service. However, cable may be able to do better by claiming Fiber is an intensively competitive product to cable, and convince the government that one national cable company is enough.

In that case, we may be seeing two companies on a national level, one running cable and their wireless service, while the other one runs Fiber, with their own wireless service, while each company contracts to local MVNOs offering their own local Wisp services, which may satisfy the government enough to allow this.

I'd agree with - in fact I did think that way. Up untill Altice buying SuddenLink and then Optimum .... Altice USA just had an ipo and heavy rumor is they want Charter or Cox.

But yes I'm going way off topic. Lol. #sorry

I'd agree with - in fact I did think that way. Up untill Altice buying SuddenLink and then Optimum .... Altice USA just had an ipo and heavy rumor is they want Charter or Cox.

But yes I'm going way off topic. Lol. #sorry

Altice may buy one of them, and possibly become the 2nd large cable company next to Comcast, which likely will take the others. I'm more open in my perspective in regards to different possibilities in the cable market leading up to the final two companies. Yet, Altice already is in the cable game, Softbank is not. What I mean is there likely won't be outside companies getting into cable at this point forward.

Back to the two possibilities though, they'll have to agree to share the cable lines on a national basis, which I'm thinking will not work out very well. There are different approaches to managing technology, and having competing companies forced to deal with each other on a national scale, with issues such as who is responsible for maintaining the lines, etc.

Nor will these cable companies settle on competing regionally while owning wireless, unable to provide bundles on a nationwide basis. The whole purpose of owning both cable and wireless, is to serve nationwide with nationally available bundles. I highly doubt these companies would be willing to just sell each others' services in contractual agreements that would be very complicated and messy to implement.

As I mentioned earlier, while dual cable companies is a possibility, its more likely to be just one cable company with a wireless service, which competes against AT&T and their U-Verse/Fiber and of course, wireless. Then I see there being a huge new market in local WISP operators running off of small cells and having an advanced system such as pcell.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-07-31/son-s-expensive-revenge

"So now Son looks ready to take this unrequited love and turn it into a revenge purchase."

"People familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News's Scott Moritz and Gerry Smith early Monday Tokyo time that Son, via SoftBank, is planning to make a direct offer for Charter sometime this week."

Wouldn't that be something else?.....

Makes me think of this:

(at the 19 second mark)
  • Like 4

So, I spoke with escalations team this morning from sprint ( I'm planning on returning 1 line to sprint ). Their new systems supposedly don't show anything regarding time frames or any work going on on local towers as far as band 41 goes or any upgrades for that matter .. any truth to this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with escalations too and they looked in glance. And saw they'd be adding charter in the next 90days. They also said Comcast was scheduled in the next 120 days. Hell up an upgrade finally ????????????

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-07-31/son-s-expensive-revenge

"So now Son looks ready to take this unrequited love and turn it into a revenge purchase."

"People familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News's Scott Moritz and Gerry Smith early Monday Tokyo time that Son, via SoftBank, is planning to make a direct offer for Charter sometime this week."

Wouldn't that be something else?.....

Makes me think of this:

(at the 19 second mark)

It seems like Charter is not interesting in doing a deal with Softbank so I guess the search continues.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/charter-says-it-has-no-interest-acquiring-sprint

It seems like Charter is not interesting in doing a deal with Softbank so I guess the search continues.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/charter-says-it-has-no-interest-acquiring-sprint

Masa is just waiting to hear a Price from Charter.

This is a "public rebuke" strategy by Charter to sweeten the deal.

Charter's stock is at an all-time high: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-charter-commns-m-a-stocks-idUSKBN1AG1FY

Charter has a market capitalization of $101 billion and $60 billion in debt.

• Like 1

Sprint has stated that 4XCA will be deployed via software update. I have been told time and time again that current Sprint b41 equipment can only do 3XCA×2 at the most. Can someone explain?

• Like 1

I would like to see what is the churn level and adds. VZW and T-Mobile churn are below 1% last quarter.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't think it will be that low.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk