Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Good for Sprint, though I'm beginning to believe John Legere about the treatment being shown towards T-Mobile by RootMetrics.

Not really, they are just getting dinged by less than stellar voice performance, just like Sprint takes a hit due to not so great upload speeds
  • Like 1

Not really, they are just getting dinged by less than stellar voice performance, just like Sprint takes a hit due to not so great upload speeds

That is true about T-Mobile. Voice quality still isn't great on T-Mobile, one thing I do miss about Sprint for sure is VQ.

Will the map be updated to reflect those areas where we will roaming on AT&T? Also does it count toward your roaming allotment or not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is pure roaming, so it comes out of your 100MB cap.

• Like 2

And what would have expected? Sprint to randomly expand into areas they have never offered service? Protection sites were never officially part of the network, what would cause that to change when Sprint took over Clearwire. They were there to protect the license agreements. With Sprint's deployment of B41, they have fulfilled the agreements. No reason for protection sites to exist.

I'm not expecting anything. I'm just pointing out an incorrect statement.

Not sure if you have watched the townhall meetings posted here about the small cells. Health is one of the top reasons people state as the reasons they don't want towers in the area. Looks are one of the reasons but even when it is pointed out that the meetings are about setting rules for small cells looks people go on about it doesn't matter what they look like because they would still be "bad" for health reasons.

I don't know which city council meetings you're talking about. The only two I've seen or read the minutes for are for Cave Creek, AZ and Navasota, TX. And both meetings only showed concerns for aesthetics.

The "radiation" folks of these meetings don't usually end up winning. We all know that. What it usually comes down to is zoning and HOA rules. Mobilitie wants poles on the side of roads that tower over current utility poles, and that is the issue I have seen on both meetings. If they hide them and promise to comply with zoning laws, they usually have no problems.

I see the B25 reframing in areas that are higher than 5x5 helping their uploads along with upload CA.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

At&t must be giving Sprint a good roaming deal. I'm roaming on them in uscc territory.

SCP has been displaying uscc as att. That app needs a update. Uscc as att still shows att B12 as B17. Boost devices are still showing Clearwire as B25. So it has issues.

T-Mobile has a good amount of areas where rootmetrics makes them look just fine. Like Data Speeds.

Is that really att tho? Or is that SCP error? He should be roaming onto uscc LTE.

SCP has been displaying uscc as att. That app needs a update. Uscc as att still shows att B12 as B17. Boost devices are still showing Clearwire as B25. So it has issues.

Is that really att tho? Or is that SCP error? He should be roaming onto uscc LTE.

AT&T roaming is real. It appears devices are now allowed to connect to different networks for 1x and LTE.

AT&T roaming is real. It appears devices are now allowed to connect to different networks for 1x and LTE.

Devices capable of SRLTE or SVLTE can juggle separate LTE and CDMA1X networks.  Devices that are limited to e/CSFB, as far as I know, cannot.

AJ

• Like 1

I don't believe this is in error because I never had the ability to roam on USCC LTE. Suddenly this appears after others have been reporting AT&T roaming. I just didn't expect to see it in USCC​ territory. I have a note 5, so I have srlte.

Looks like it's real. AT&T's MCC/MNC is 310-410

I wonder how they will handle voice roaming on AT&T. Could we see HSPA for voice or VoLTE support?

Looks like it's real. AT&T's MCC/MNC is 310-410

I wonder how they will handle voice roaming on AT&T. Could we see HSPA for voice or VoLTE support?

Voice falls to 1x...for now...

Will the map be updated to reflect those areas where we will roaming on AT&T? Also does it count toward your roaming allotment or not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The whole roaming agreement still seems to be in testing so I wouldn't expect anything in the immediate future.

• Like 1

I roamed about 500MB on AT&T last month and interestingly enough, it's not showing up as roaming usage on MySprint...

• Like 2

Nope. It's AT&T.

I don't know which city council meetings you're talking about. The only two I've seen or read the minutes for are for Cave Creek, AZ and Navasota, TX. And both meetings only showed concerns for aesthetics.

The "radiation" folks of these meetings don't usually end up winning. We all know that. What it usually comes down to is zoning and HOA rules. Mobilitie wants poles on the side of roads that tower over current utility poles, and that is the issue I have seen on both meetings. If they hide them and promise to comply with zoning laws, they usually have no problems.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1776-network-visionlte-baltimore-market-including-annapoliseast-shore/page-24&do=findComment&comment=493661

about 50 mins and 1h7min in they talk about health reasons. I believe they are the 2nd and 6th question there were more after that. The meeting was about what limits could they put on the looks and placement of the sites. 

There were others meeting where health effects was a main topic I believe they were Charlotte and New Orleans if you wanted to look in those threads. New Orleans may have been just some one complaining about health after they learn a site went up out side their business when work was being done. 

Think they will drop VZW? Seems expensive to roam on both.

Is it just B17 roaming, or will we see roaming on AT&T B2/4/5/29/30/66?

I have personally roamed on both B17 and B2 so chances are that it's active on most if not all bands.

Voice falls to 1x...for now...

Att doesn't have 1X unless it's roaming onto VZW 1x and, then att for LTE.

Think they will drop VZW? Seems expensive to roam on both.

Looks like it. Sprint's roaming agreement with Verizon expires very soon and Verizon plans to shut its CDMA network down in two years. In my area, all of the new Verizon macros I've come across are LTE only and CDMA is being thinned or shut down on many existing macros. All of this being said, it's only natural that Sprint would shop around for the best rates for LTE roaming. Looks like AT&T may have offered them the best deal.