Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Same methodology that they're doing to deploy small cells quickly without waiting for traditional backhaul.

LTE relay module hooks up to existing macro or small cell carriers on air and feeds a data connection to an eNB.

The eNB broadcasts an entirely new unique LTE signal using that data connection from the LTE relay module as backhaul.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just read the article. Seems like this device has some high potential if Sprint can get it deployed widely. I would want one for work and home if I still used them. I like the sound of this much better than a repeater or device that feeds off your home internet.
  • Like 2

So question on small cells.... what if Spring merges with T-Mobile .... what happens to all those small cells?  Ie... I'm sure T-Mobile would be the dominating network and would replace the sprint equipment with their own.  Can any small cells be reconfigured? 

So question on small cells.... what if Spring merges with T-Mobile .... what happens to all those small cells? Ie... I'm sure T-Mobile would be the dominating network and would replace the sprint equipment with their own. Can any small cells be reconfigured?

If the two merge it will help with Densificatioñ right away. While TMobile will most likely turn off CDMA. Both need more small cells.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Good read on the magic box. Basically summarizes in more simple terms what I've said here.

https://www.wirelessweek.com/blog/2017/05/can-sprints-new-magic-box-live-its-name

Good article. Question if I may. Since it covers an area of 30,000 sq ft indoors and 100 meters outdoors, I assume that each box won't interfere with a neighbors box if they also had one.

So question on small cells.... what if Spring merges with T-Mobile .... what happens to all those small cells? Ie... I'm sure T-Mobile would be the dominating network and would replace the sprint equipment with their own. Can any small cells be reconfigured?

If the two merge it will help with Densificatioñ right away. While TMobile will most likely turn off CDMA. Both need more small cells.

I would also add that even if Son announced tomorrow a merge of the two companies, nothing will get done until after it is approved (usually a year after) and then another 1 or 2 if not more for equipment and phone changes. By then another version of the magic box would probably be in the pipeline.

Is Portland, San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Denver ready for 10x10/15x15? (10+5)?

Sprint and ATT sure is ready to make that happen! =)

• Like 5

I am hoping that sprint is working with some companies for these magic boxes for example restaurants like McDonald or gas stations Speedway. That may be a way to add small cell numbers very fast because essentially these are small cells just powered by plugging them in an outlet. I would like to see an outdoor model though I guess I could hide it in a bird house with power run to it.

• Like 1

I am hoping that sprint is working with some companies for these magic boxes for example restaurants like McDonald or gas stations Speedway. That may be a way to add small cell numbers very fast because essentially these are small cells just powered by plugging them in an outlet. I would like to see an outdoor model though I guess I could hide it in a bird house with power run to it.

An outdoor model will be the airspan Irelay/Nokia B25/41 dual band relay hooked to a mini macro / Pico.

• Like 1

I think it's a great idea for business and, other public places. For people's houses I think it's Dumb and, will likely fail.

Good article. Question if I may. Since it covers an area of 30,000 sq ft indoors and 100 meters outdoors, I assume that each box won't interfere with a neighbors box if they also had one.

I would also add that even if Son announced tomorrow a merge of the two companies, nothing will get done until after it is approved (usually a year after) and then another 1 or 2 if not more for equipment and phone changes. By then another version of the magic box would probably be in the pipeline.

Small cells are self optimizing. Part of the LTE-advance specs.

• Like 3

Is Portland, San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Denver ready for 10x10/15x15? (10+5)?

Sprint and ATT sure is ready to make that happen! =)

Are more swaps about to happen or something?

An outdoor model will be the airspan Irelay/Nokia B25/41 dual band relay hooked to a mini macro / Pico.

If Sprint wants to sent me one of those to put up by myself I will take it. I have a few places I know that need some thing that I can put up.

Small cells are self optimizing. Part of the LTE-advance specs.

From what I am reading, the magic box needs to connect to a sprint signal in order to work.  Is this correct?  If so, does it have better reception than a phone?  The place I currently have my Airave is approximately 25 miles (straight line) from the nearest upgraded towers in Auburn, Alabama. 

I looked at the mini macro nokia networks thread and couldn't find a pic of it. 

From what I am reading, the magic box needs to connect to a sprint signal in order to work. Is this correct? If so, does it have better reception than a phone? The place I currently have my Airave is approximately 25 miles (straight line) from the nearest upgraded towers in Auburn, Alabama.

I don't think these work that far or in cities with no B41. From what I've read it only Supports CDMA and, B41.

From what I am reading, the magic box needs to connect to a sprint signal in order to work.  Is this correct?  If so, does it have better reception than a phone?  The place I currently have my Airave is approximately 25 miles (straight line) from the nearest upgraded towers in Auburn, Alabama. 

Yes.

No. About the same as what I get with my pixel / s7 / s8. Maybe the ver 2. w/ hpue may be a bit better but uncertain. 

Good point. I need to update the Nokia threads. 

First pic for the Airspan iRelay 460. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7561-band-26-41-small-cells-airspan/

Probabl

Yes.

No. About the same as what I get with my pixel / s7 / s8. Maybe the ver 2. w/ hpue may be a bit better but uncertain. 

Thanks Tim.  Maybe with the partnering agreements this will get better in that area.

Same methodology that they're doing to deploy small cells quickly without waiting for traditional backhaul.

LTE relay module hooks up to existing macro or small cell carriers on air and feeds a data connection to an eNB.

The eNB broadcasts an entirely new unique LTE signal using that data connection from the LTE relay module as backhaul.

Can these relay off each other as well (i.e., say you're outside a strong signal range, but there's another one or two hypothetically installed in buildings/homes between you and the closest macro site), or will they only relay data signal from macro or external SC's?

Can these relay off each other as well (i.e., say you're outside a strong signal range, but there's another one or two hypothetically installed in buildings/homes between you and the closest macro site), or will they only relay data signal from macro or external SC's?

Has to be a macro class donor.

• Like 6

So they're showing results from one little cherry picked area from a huge metro? I feel like every carrier is number one SOMEWHERE in every market no matter how bad they are overall in said market.

They are test areas. It does sprint no good to get cherry picked data on their new network model. if they are going to base decisions on how to spend capital off it, the data needs to be accurate and it appears they are.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those iBridge/iRelay make it easy to spot a sprint small cell site also they sometimes have the site ID on them.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xjj1nmocitaqg54/20170425_165910.png?dl=0

More pictures can be found in the Columbus thread but the above picture is of a rural town in the Pittsburgh market. So people should be on the look out for them.

So I thought Marcelo had his bonus in the bag, but if the stock closes below $8 today then it appears that gets put on hold. Currently it is at $7.96. Tomorrow would have been the day he would be able to receive the bonus since the stock has been above $8 since December 5th. Also did they even mention Tidal today in the earnings? Seems odd that there hasn't been any talk about Tidal after acquiring a sizeable stake in the company.

Now you know, you just became a small cell location.

Awesome, since the Airave is a mini cell/site booster, I guess I can now put house makers on our maps. :)

So I thought Marcelo had his bonus in the bag, but if the stock closes below $8 today then it appears that gets put on hold. Currently it is at $7.96. Tomorrow would have been the day he would be able to receive the bonus since the stock has been above $8 since December 5th. Also did they even mention Tidal today in the earnings? Seems odd that there hasn't been any talk about Tidal after acquiring a sizeable stake in the company.

Damn, that sucks for him.