Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Thanks, I saw it on the laptop. Unit is a bit bigger than I thought.

He said, "I just sold to T-Mobile"

They said "Welcome to T-Mobile"

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll run away now before AJ hits me with the "Stop Spreading alternative Facts" ruler. :)

It's more like why didn't we think of that first. Then charge customers for the privilege like we did with the other box we sent them that had to hook up to there home isp.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

While the magic box seems cool and very easy for a customer to set up, what happens to those customers in an area with weak B41 or low B25/26? Do they just get the new LTE Airave? One thing I worry about is that while we as technology enthusiasts think this is a cool device, there are many people that will not want to deal with such a device. Many people are of the mindset of "just make it work without me having to do anything". 

There is so not so flattering news out there already regarding the earnings call: https://www.cnet.com/news/for-sprint-earnings-subscriber-losses-promotion-fiscal-fourth-quarter/

I thought the Paul commercials were doing quite well and there was just an article saying how much the image of Sprint has improved. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the numbers back that claim up. We will see what happens moving forward. The upcoming debt payments will be tricky, but they always are for a company in the midst of a turnaround. Wall Street seems to really be pushing the merger rhetoric. 

While the magic box seems cool and very easy for a customer to set up, what happens to those customers in an area with weak B41 or low B25/26? Do they just get the new LTE Airave? One thing I worry about is that while we as technology enthusiasts think this is a cool device, there are many people that will not want to deal with such a device. Many people are of the mindset of "just make it work without me having to do anything".

There is so not so flattering news out there already regarding the earnings call: https://www.cnet.com/news/for-sprint-earnings-subscriber-losses-promotion-fiscal-fourth-quarter/

I thought the Paul commercials were doing quite well and there was just an article saying how much the image of Sprint has improved. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the numbers back that claim up. We will see what happens moving forward. The upcoming debt payments will be tricky, but they always are for a company in the midst of a turnaround. Wall Street seems to really be pushing the merger rhetoric.

Magic box does B25 or 41 for backhaul.

Will be available in approximately 8-9 weeks from now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Magic box does B25 or 41 for backhaul.

Will be available in approximately 8-9 weeks from now.

I got that. I was wondering how effective it is in areas with low B25 and/or low or no B41.

I got that. I was wondering how effective it is in areas with low B25 and/or low or no B41.

It broadcasts a brand new LTE B41 carrier whose speed is dependent upon the relay backhaul. Speeds vary based on the macro network but the new signal will be constant.

• Like 4

I did the preorder also. Hopefully they will approve it. Does anyone know what the Qualifactions to be accepted are? Why don't they list them? It might save some time if they did if we know we don't meet the Qualifications.

All markets getting crushed today..

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/indices/major-indices.aspx

Sprint is especially down (over 8% now pushing 9%) because investors did not like the numbers and do not know what to make of them. Many are increasingly worried that a merger is not likely this quarter. The numbers were largely a miss from industry analysts except for revenue. I was even shocked with the just 42,000 postpaid phone additions especially since Marcelo was tweeting out about the marbles to John. 

Sprint is especially down (over 8% now pushing 9%) because investors did not like the numbers and do not know what to make of them. Many are increasingly worried that a merger is not likely this quarter. The numbers were largely a miss from industry analysts except for revenue. I was even shocked with the just 42,000 postpaid phone additions especially since Marcelo was tweeting out about the marbles to John. 

42K+180k Its still quite a bit better than V an Att. Not the best numbers, but still decent considering how strong competition was. Plus a nice increase in prepaid which previously was a huge loss. Also Free cash flow doesn't hurt either.

Tarek has done an awesome job in keeping Sprint's books in order, gotta give him credit. 

• Like 5

42K+180k Its still quite a bit better than V an Att. Not the best numbers, but still decent considering how strong competition was. Plus a nice increase in prepaid which previously was a huge loss. Also Free cash flow doesn't hurt either.

Tarek has done an awesome job in keeping Sprint's books in order, gotta give him credit.

Yes he has done a great job with it, but there are still fundamental issues moving forward. And I think investors are largely worried that churn was up, postpaid additions missed the mark, and Sprint still has the lowest pricing in the industry and yet still didn't add more. I still do not understand what drove the postpaid tablet churn, but one thing I can think of is the inclusion of hotspot in so many plans now, at Sprint and with the competition. The CNET article I posted sums up what I have been hearing from the Wall Street types today.

Sprint posted this chart in the CTO blog. They're really small areas but it shows what Sprint can achieve when they invest heavily in an area.

P3%20Blog%20Chart(2).jpg

The idea of the magic box is pretty cool.  Sprint is having a hard time erecting small cells to densify the network.  Why not just give everyone one! 100 meters of outdoor coverage is a length of a soccer field from this small hardware. 

I got my pre-order in.  Hopefully, I will get one. 

Sprint posted this chart in the CTO blog. They're really small areas but it shows what Sprint can achieve when they invest heavily in an area.

P3%20Blog%20Chart(2).jpg

So they're showing results from one little cherry picked area from a huge metro? I feel like every carrier is number one SOMEWHERE in every market no matter how bad they are overall in said market.

• Like 4

It broadcasts a brand new LTE B41 carrier whose speed is dependent upon the relay backhaul. Speeds vary based on the macro network but the new signal will be constant.

Am I right in assuming this is one step above being a repeater? I remember a year or two back them talking about deploying small cells powered by B41 carriers, this seems like part of that deployment. (Which makes more sense to deploy this as an in-home solution than out on the street where I'd think they'd need fiber, not B41 to adequately supply it).

So they're showing results from one little cherry picked area from a huge metro? I feel like every carrier is number one SOMEWHERE in every market no matter how bad they are overall in said market.

Not exactly, they purposely deployed all Tech's in these areas for testing what's possible. They want to duplicate these results in all markets as they mentioned in the quarterly conference call.
  • Like 1

That chart is Interesting. Taking NYC for example, if that is on one avenue only, from Grand St to 23rd st (1 and 1/2 straight mile) or all blocks above Grand St and below 23rd st. roughly 4.83 sq miles. Would be cool if they included all 304 sq miles of NYC for comparison. Speaking of which, as I checked the sq miles of each of those cities I was surprised to find out that Houston has more sq miles than NYC (629 overall). 

• Like 1

That chart is Interesting. Taking NYC for example, if that is on one avenue only, from Grand St to 23rd st (1 and 1/2 straight mile) or all blocks above Grand St and below 23rd st. roughly 4.83 sq miles. Would be cool if they included all 304 sq miles of NYC for comparison. Speaking of which, as I checked the sq miles of each of those cities I was surprised to find out that Houston has more sq miles than NYC (629 overall).

Its the full 4.83 miles. They had an area squared off on a map.
  • Like 1

Not exactly, they purposely deployed all Tech's in these areas for testing what's possible. They want to duplicate these results in all markets as they mentioned in the quarterly conference call.

That makes sense. Somebodies gonna take that chart from the article and run with it completely out of context to make fun of them.

Site is down.   To many users trying to reach site.    Speaks a lot of how many of us have less than a great signal!     

Now it's back up... Called customer service.   "High User Volume".   Site is intermittent.

Am I right in assuming this is one step above being a repeater? I remember a year or two back them talking about deploying small cells powered by B41 carriers, this seems like part of that deployment. (Which makes more sense to deploy this as an in-home solution than out on the street where I'd think they'd need fiber, not B41 to adequately supply it).

Same methodology that they're doing to deploy small cells quickly without waiting for traditional backhaul.

LTE relay module hooks up to existing macro or small cell carriers on air and feeds a data connection to an eNB.

The eNB broadcasts an entirely new unique LTE signal using that data connection from the LTE relay module as backhaul.

• Like 1

From hearing Massa in that call, he sounds like someone that doesn't know what else to do with Sprint. The only thing we got today was a box that you put in your window for coverage. I assumed the HPUE stuff was going to solve the indoor problem the 2.5hgz has.

• Like 3

From hearing Massa in that call, he sounds like someone that doesn't know what else to do with Sprint. The only thing we got today was a box that you put in your window for coverage. I assumed the HPUE stuff was going to solve the indoor problem the 2.5hgz has.

I was about to ask, besides the sorcery box, did they announce anything else?

• Like 3