Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

There are also some B25 small cells. But they have deployed them for some time. Never probably again, though. El Paso is a place with some B25 only small cells.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There are also some B25 small cells. But they have deployed them for some time. Never probably again, though. El Paso is a place with some B25 only small cells.

Speaking of El Paso what did Sprint spectrum swap with T-Mobile accomplish since they still can't do 10x10?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Oh yes the Ericsson ones with the rrus 11. Most of them were bypassed other than a few clusters right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh yes the Ericsson ones with the rrus 11. Most of them were bypassed other than a few clusters right?

Yes, I'm only familiar with a few. Although, I only learned about the El Paso cluster last month. There may be more. But there can't be very many.

Yes, I'm only familiar with a few. Although, I only learned about the El Paso cluster last month. There may be more. But there can't be very many.

Kansas!?

AJ

Why never again? Cedar Rapids has no B41 available, but has the usual amount of B26 and B25, would Sprint be able to deploy B25 small cells there?

Do the ODAS networks in Lawrence and Olathe KS count? There are others too.

Sent from my LG G5

Do the ODAS networks in Lawrence and Olathe KS count? There are others too.

Sent from my LG G5

They're of this variety. 

(credit to JWMaloney for finding these) 

Why never again? Cedar Rapids has no B41 available, but has the usual amount of B26 and B25, would Sprint be able to deploy B25 small cells there?

It's just our best guess. I don't believe there will be anymore B25 small cells. But it makes sense that it could happen in East Iowa.

Robert

It's just our best guess. I don't believe there will be B25 small cells. But it makes sense that it could happen in East Iowa.

Robert

If anything the B41 mini macro and Pico small cells may make financial sense to deploy the what, 15 MHz max, B41 in East Iowa.

A lot of tertiary markets and rural /suburban areas did only recently get B41 once the mini macro on macro deployments happened.

• Like 1

Sure they could. However, they or people on their behalf (see Mobilitie) are buying mass quantities of band 41 or band 26 capable equipment. In the vast majority of cases one of those two bands is going to meet the deployment needs for Sprint. And even in minority cases like Cedar Rapids where Sprint is much more spectrum constrained than most markets; a band 26 small cell is going to give you nearly everything a band 25 would. Economies of scale on the equipment purchases render band 25 small cells unlikely in the near-term.

2 or 3 years is quite a long time and the chance that VoLTE will be available on the Sprint network. As far as SvLTE I wouldn't want to talk confidential things on a commuter rail/bus or out in public. As for public WiFi there are VPNs. I made up my mind on this issue when I read on a website about an EMT bashing Sprint for the lack of SvLTE. He mentioned something along the lines of medical records over cell phone to which my thought was that I would very likely file a complaint on any company that allowed their employees to go without a proper laptop for life or death situations. A lot of information can be overlooked on this very small screen. Simply, I avoid the use of my phone in the car as much as I can by keeping it in my pocket. Definitely do have hands free, but it still seems like I'm trying to do too much if I'm talking on the phone while driving.

There is an app for that that will properly display all the pertinent info.

But the DAS is still a small cell yes? Both that I know of are B25 networks.

A type small cell setup. That is not the setup that was discontinued which is the aforementioned.

I guess Sprint was right about this 600mhz spectrum and how long it's going to take. Some of the Tmo people aren't too happy about it. That they can thank John for over hyping it up. Tbh, three years isn't that long of a wait.

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/05/t-mobile-600mhz-spectrum-transition-process/

Now let's see what Sprint is going to do between now and 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I guess Sprint was right about this 600mhz spectrum and how long it's going to take. Some of the Tmo people aren't too happy about it. That they can thank John for over hyping it up. Tbh, three years isn't that long of a wait.

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/05/t-mobile-600mhz-spectrum-transition-process/

Now let's see what Sprint is going to do between now and 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will probably take longer.  I am thinking 5 years instead of three. 

I am thinking they will have issues with the Canadian and Mexican borders just like Sprint with 800mhz.

• Like 2

It will probably take longer. I am thinking 5 years instead of three.

I am thinking they will have issues with the Canadian and Mexican borders just like Sprint with 800mhz.

So far that's only been a issue with B26. The others didn't have that issue with Bands​ 12,17or,13.

• Like 1

What Sprint said about this spectrum was the truth, but unless they go gangbuster and add thousands of small cells and macros to make their 2.5ghz network strong is basically nothing. Tmobile is already going into hyperdrive regarding small cells. They are talking about over thousands on the air already with another 25k coming online soon.

So far that's only been a issue with B26. The others didn't have that issue with Bands​ 12,17or,13.

Are any of the bands you mentioned in the 600mhz range that has to be vacated by the current users before TMO can utilize?  Are our neighboring countries broadcasting in the frequencies that TMO purchased in the US?   

• Like 1

What Sprint said about this spectrum was the truth, but unless they go gangbuster and add thousands of small cells and macros to make their 2.5ghz network strong is basically nothing. Tmobile is already going into hyperdrive regarding small cells. They are talking about over thousands on the air already with another 25k coming online soon.

You are right Sprint will need more cell sites than anyone for 2.5 to make a difference. The 5ghz spectrum the others will be using will mostly be in malls, stadiums, Airports. Freeways houses will be impossible on thos. 2.5 can at least.

I probably should have started a map for Sprint small cells in NYC, but so far I've connected to at least 250 small cells here.

Here is a map of just Manhattan small cells, The Bronx, BK and Queens also have quite a few. Ive connected to at least another 60 or more in those boroughs. Sprint needs to deploy them in other cities just like in NY to really display their capabilities and compete at a higher level.

Mapclz7.png

• Like 7

For those that want to know how the network is in Manhattan, particularly considering ultra high macro+small cell density. Its simply spectacular.

I'd be willing to bet average speeds for Sprint in the island of Manhattan are probably somewhere between 30 and 40mbs.

Sample from yesterday's testing..

e02tBV7m.png

• Like 2

Are any of the bands you mentioned in the 600mhz range that has to be vacated by the current users before TMO can utilize? Are our neighboring countries broadcasting in the frequencies that TMO purchased in the US?

Personally, I'm not concerned about the 600mhz spectrum taking any longer than three years from now (approximately), particularly because I have no plans to go anywhere near the Southern border.

Quite the opposite, actually. My mother's preference is for us to go to Maine, while I want to go to somewhere within a 45 minute drive to Seattle, but on the eastern side of Seattle.

T-Mobile has excellent spectrum holdings in the area, so I won't have to worry about site congestion around there. The main reason for my wanting to move there is the liberal climate there when dealing with my health issues and the weather climate. I like rain.

For those that want to know how the network is in Manhattan, particularly considering ultra high macro+small cell density. Its simply spectacular.

I'd be willing to bet average speeds for Sprint in the island of Manhattan are probably somewhere between 30 and 40mbs.

Sample from yesterday's testing..

It looks like Sprint's speed is imporiving in a lot of markets.  Look at the speed graph in this crowd-coursed article.

http://speedsmart.net/wireless_index/april_2017/

Some markets are still too slow but they are very competitive in a lot of them.

• Like 1