Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I saw this earlier. I think it's about time - this promotion was not bringing in much money and reducing revenue per customer leaving Sprint with less money to spend of network improvements. Hopefully good will come from this.

They are scraping all the current plans except for some new unlimited plan we should learn about tomorrow. A big wig sent out a teaser email internally touting the move as getting rid of gimicks and limitations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Can confirm. News went out last week. Everything's going kaput. 

Rumors are it's an All-In-One type of plan that goes back to the very simple and readily understood basics. 

• Like 5

There they go again with the expiration dates and the plan being only for new customers. I guess. What was different with he "old" unlimited freedom plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow, Sprint is determined to keep being the leader in terms of price. At that rate they're competing with prepaid too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sprint has no choice but, to be the cheapest since their network is no where near the competition.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

They are scraping all the current plans except for some new unlimited plan we should learn about tomorrow. A big wig sent out a teaser email internally touting the move as getting rid of gimicks and limitations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how this gets rid of gimmicks. I believe consumers want a price that will stick - not a plan that will jump in a year.
  • Like 4

How is this different than the Unlimited Freedom plan that was already offered (after the promotional periods ends)? The pricing looks to still be the same, and still contingent on a $5 autopay discount. More or less, this appears to be all the redlines removed from the plan after the battle between Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint changed HD streaming and mobile hotspot allowances. I was really hoping this would be Sprint's response to the tax/fees included move by T-Mobile.

Xfinity Mobile was just announced:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-xfinity-mobile

Unlimited – Consume all the cellular data you want for one set price for up to five lines.2 $65 per line on up to five lines with no usage limits, or $45 per line for our customers with our best X1 packages.

By the Gig – $12 per GB of cellular data across all lines on an account each month. Seventy percent of U.S. wireless customers use less than 5 GB of cellular data per month3, so families can share their data across devices and will only pay for what they use.

2 Reduced speeds after 20 GB of cellular data usage

Am I missing something here? How is this a good value?

Unlimited – Consume all the cellular data you want for one set price for up to five lines.2 $65 per line on up to five lines with no usage limits, or $45 per line for our customers with our best X1 packages.

By the Gig – $12 per GB of cellular data across all lines on an account each month. Seventy percent of U.S. wireless customers use less than 5 GB of cellular data per month3, so families can share their data across devices and will only pay for what they use.

I feel like the whole WiFi/Cellular thing is to compete with RepublicWireless and ProjectFi mostly but both of those are cheaper. Maybe it's the fact that they're using VZW's network instead?

It's not. Might as well go with Verizon's unlimited. You don't have to have one of their more expensive X1 plans.

I feel like the whole WiFi/Cellular thing is to compete with RepublicWireless and ProjectFi mostly but both of those are cheaper. Maybe it's the fact that they're using VZW's network instead?

They could do the WiFi first thing and lower the prices so that they are competitive. This plan is not.

This is DOA, just a trick to keep you on Comcast's ecosystem.

Sadly, it'll survive because people will be stupid enough to go for the bundling of options over price and value of service.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I wonder if Boost Mobile will lower it's price for unlimited now that a single line costs the same as a single line on Sprint.

Guessing not. Sprint single still costs more with phone payments all the taxes and fees. I only pay 3-4 dollars in taxes on boost.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1