Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Saying something like that is short sighted... if you don't try to innovate then you'll be stuck in the same business model forever. In that same article AT&T said a similar service is working well for them - so it isn't money wasted...its just not the kind of return on investment Sprint needs at the moment.

It took Sprint nearly 2 years to realize this?

The program launched in April 2015: http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/13/8383967/sprint-direct-2-you-home-setup

• Like 1

I think it was a great idea. It would have worked but I think the reason why it didn't "pop" the way Sprint wanted it too is because the network don't match the service. To have your device delivered to you at your convenience is a premium service. When you think about the service you think top notch, high end service. But when you think about Sprints network, it's not the best and lacking in some areas. So people aren't even going to waste their time with the delivery service due to the reputation of Sprints network. It's working well for AT&T because the service matches or goes hand in hand with the quality of their network.

Was Direct 2 You everywhere or just select locations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I think it was a great idea. It would have worked but I think the reason why it didn't "pop" the way Sprint wanted it too is because of the network didn't match the service. To have your device delivered to you at your convenience is a premium service. When you think about the service you think top notch. But when you think about Sprints network, it's not the best. So people aren't even going to waste their time with the delivery service due to the reputation of Sprints network. It's working well for AT&T because the service matches or goes hand in hand with the quality of their network.

Was Direct 2 You everywhere or just select locations?

That's a good point.

It was nationwide in different cities.

I think a good business plan be direct fiber to 3 g towers, but not in budget becaus e that makes no sense. Well maybe 2018 fit it in.

I think a better plan would be a 1 year freeze on all sponsorship expenditures and to spend all that money on CapEx.

T-Mobile US CTO says merger would benefit Sprint subs

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/home-banner/t-mobile-us-cto-says-merger-would-benefit-sprint-subs/

"T-Mobile US CTO Neville Ray (pictured) insisted the operator is currently not thinking about merging with Sprint, but said any such tie-up would prove beneficial to its rival’s customers."

Perhaps a specific campaign by T-Mobile to whet the market's (and the Fed's) appetite for a merger?

• Like 1

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/home-banner/t-mobile-us-cto-says-merger-would-benefit-sprint-subs/

"T-Mobile US CTO Neville Ray (pictured) insisted the operator is currently not thinking about merging with Sprint, but said any such tie-up would prove beneficial to its rival’s customers."

Perhaps a specific campaign by T-Mobile to whet the market's (and the Fed's) appetite for a merger?

It may be beneficial for a little bit, but then prices will start to rise and the customers get the shaft.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Perhaps a specific campaign by T-Mobile to whet the market's (and the Fed's) appetite for a merger

The want another breakup fee, and if little Massa tries to go for this again he would be stupid. Even with a new administration there is no chance of this getting approved. The new head of the FCC is a Verizon guy anyways. Sprint solution is simple spend money on the network and that total 203 MHZ of spectrum will be an advantage. 

If you want to sell then approach a cable company otherwise the Tmobile guys will steal half of that 2.5ghz spectrum holdings. Also a combined Tmobile and Sprint will have over 60 billions in debt.

• Like 2

The want another breakup fee, and if little Massa tries to go for this again he would be stupid. Even with a new administration there is no chance of this getting approved. The new head of the FCC is a Verizon guy anyways. Sprint solution is simple spend money on the network and that total 203 MHZ of spectrum will be an advantage.

If you want to sell then approach a cable company otherwise the Tmobile guys will steal half of that 2.5ghz spectrum holdings. Also a combined Tmobile and Sprint will have over 60 billions in debt.

I would be will to bet whatever you want that it would get approved. The chair of the FCC is a hands off guy.

• Like 1

I would be will to bet whatever you want that it would get approved. The chair of the FCC is a hands off guy.

Though if it hurts Verizon, maybe not.

• Like 1

Though if it hurts Verizon, maybe not.

I am tell you, the FCC chair is as free market a regulator as it comes. He would stamp an approval for an ATT T-Mobile tie up

• Like 1

$60B is peanuts for a company that size. Verizon $105B, AT&T $123B. The combined company would need to stop acting stupid about prices though and start making some money.

Edited by bigsnake49

It would be nice to have anothet carrier deploy B41 LTE with HPUE capability. But yeah i dont think masa will win this one with regulators even if he is not majority shareholder.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

D2You... it was a fabulous idea. Should have never gone outside a small radius in an urban area though.

Ive never had an issue activating service with a mailed device on ATT, Verizon or Tmo. Unfortunately, every last damn time I had a new sprint device, whether trying to activate online or on the website, I always had to call customer care to get it done. Is that any better now? I tend to think that a customer who needs you to bring it to them at their house and walk them through getting a smartphone may be more needy than the average customer. Not a bad thing- but they want it to "just work". I'd hate to have a customer like that in a remote location on fringe coverage.

My bets here are that the D2You customer setups churned at a higher rate than the rest of the population

• Like 1

So, how much longer can sprint claim spectrum advantage .. when the government is freeing up higher spectrum for all other carrier to register for

That's all they can boast about. It'll be an issue when Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile start using the unlicensed bands for capacity.
  • Like 2

Is anyone having trouble logging into their Sprint account? It keeps wanting me to go through two step every time I sign in. If I'm lucky enough to get in it seems as if I'm using two different websites then I get logged out again.

• Like 1

Is anyone having trouble logging into their Sprint account? It keeps wanting me to go through two step every time I sign in. If I'm lucky enough to get in it seems as if I'm using two different websites then I get logged out again 

I don't think there is anyway around the two step verification process...

That's all they can boast about. It'll be an issue when Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile start using the unlicensed bands for capacity.

No it won't because interference limits use of unlicensed spectrum to small areas that really need the capacity. For example, you'll see it at a train station or a stadium, but not while you're just cruising around on the street. On top of that, since it is unlicensed, Sprint would be able to get access to it as well.

There's a reason you don't here carriers boasting about LTE-LAA and that's because it won't have a network-wide effect like deployment of Band 41 will.

• Like 2

I don't think there is anyway around the two step verification process...

So every time I log in I have to do this? That's ridiculous.

Maybe someone here can help me therefore saving me the agony of calling in. I ported out on March 10th. My Sprint billing cycle ended on March 7th and I received a bill in the normal monthly amount. I assume Sprint bills forward? If so am I expected to pay the full monthly rate for three days of service?

Is anyone having trouble logging into their Sprint account? It keeps wanting me to go through two step every time I sign in. If I'm lucky enough to get in it seems as if I'm using two different websites then I get logged out again.

I'm having an issue where the first time I try to log in, it goes to a "We've hit a snag..." page.  Then I try to login a second time and it works just fine.

I don't get the 2-step process (verification code) though.

No it won't because interference limits use of unlicensed spectrum to small areas that really need the capacity. For example, you'll see it at a train station or a stadium, but not while you're just cruising around on the street. On top of that, since it is unlicensed, Sprint would be able to get access to it as well.

There's a reason you don't here carriers boasting about LTE-LAA and that's because it won't have a network-wide effect like deployment of Band 41 will.

Offloading in your most congested sites does have a "network-wide" effect though. Congested areas are typically the only time you see poor speeds, so alleviating these areas will cause you to have a much more consistent network experience. 

You are a post paid subscriber. This means just like a utility bill, you get billed for the usage AFTER that cycle has ended

I know I am post paid but I think they bill a month in advance for the monthly recurring charges.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with one of their dumber reps and they told me that since I cancelled after my billing cycle ended I will have to pay for an entire month of service despite being only three days into it. Nice.

• Like 1