Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

How's that?

Why am I seeing 3 Dots for voice coverage? Is this on Sprint's 800 MHz voice network? Why wouldn't I get 800 MHz LTE at this location?

Oldy but goody...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6319-marcelo-claure-town-hall-meetings-new-family-share-pack-plan-unlimited-individual-plan-discussion-thread/?p=382799

• Like 3

Very informative! So would having an HPUE device help in my case?

Otherwise, thank goodness for XFINITYWIFI hotspots.

• Like 1

If there was 3G coverage, wouldn't I see that indicated instead of 1X? I'm literally one block from The White House.

Well maybe they just have 1X and nothing else there in that area.  Also possible as I have seen that before.

• Like 1

Very informative! So would having an HPUE device help in my case?

Otherwise, thank goodness for XFINITYWIFI hotspots.

If your falling back to B25 from B41, then yes. If your dropping to 1x/3G probably not. Only densification would help that situation.

• Like 1

People still roam on V?? LOL  (I haven't roamed on V for about 2 years)

All joking aside, if by 2019 V roaming is still a thing, I think Sprint will have other issues to worry about.

This may still be an issue in 2 years if Sprint doesn't increase rural coverage. I have not roamed on V in years along any major highways or really any town with more the 10,000 people. But in rural areas, some ski areas, etc, I would roam on V quite a bit. In a way it always feels nice to get away from data connections sometimes and just enjoy life. 

• Like 3

If your falling back to B25 from B41, then yes. If your dropping to 1x/3G probably not. Only densification would help that situation.

Reported in Sprint Zone!

• Like 3

I find it very interesting that suddenly when the tenor of this thread and general sprint perception was going south fast, sprint seems to be righting the ship and releasing all these great news. Maybe the figure is not so grim for sprint after all.

I gotta say that while I had a great 3 1/2 years with sprint, T-Mobile just made us an offer too great not to take up - especially with hookup, kickbacks and a free line. That said, all our phones are now unlocked and we could always switch right back to sprint if they come up with better plans.

• Like 6

I find it very interesting that suddenly when the tenor of this thread and general sprint perception was going south fast, sprint seems to be righting the ship and releasing all these great news. Maybe the figure is not so grim for sprint after all.

I gotta say that while I had a great 3 1/2 years with sprint, T-Mobile just made us an offer too great not to take up - especially with hookup, kickbacks and a free line. That said, all our phones are now unlocked and we could always switch right back to sprint if they come up with better plans.

How is T-Mobile coming up with so much cash to support these deals? Surely the gravy train is bound to come to an end at some point, either from pricing that can no longer be supported or a network that can no longer support it.... right?

How is T-Mobile coming up with so much cash to support these deals? Surely the gravy train is bound to come to an end at some point, either from pricing that can no longer be supported or a network that can no longer support it.... right?

Maybe.. but we're paying a whopping $112 all in for four lines and two of the lines will probably always get $10 kickback credits. So for now I'll milk the cheap plan while I can. FYI tmo data speeds in abq are way, way faster than sprint's...

And I did this as a trial. If i don't like it, i can always go back as all the phones are unlocked. Or even try Verizon.

• Like 1

Or as they say, fear is a great motivator. The sentiments that were on display here and on the internet in general over the past few weeks since VZ made the announcement were heard in Overland Park. I'm sure much of the improvements have been in development for years, but I am fairly confident that all the press since the unlimited announcement has been a great motivator to get the news out there. Remember, I believe it was Marcelo that said there is a chart updated in the offices that shows the port in and port outs, and that they need to constantly be improving. I think there will be great moves for the consumer over the next year or so in the wireless world and that is a great thing. 

• Like 2

Or as they say, fear is a great motivator. The sentiments that were on display here and on the internet in general over the past few weeks since VZ made the announcement were heard in Overland Park. I'm sure much of the improvements have been in development for years, but I am fairly confident that all the press since the unlimited announcement has been a great motivator to get the news out there. Remember, I believe it was Marcelo that said there is a chart updated in the offices that shows the port in and port outs, and that they need to constantly be improving. I think there will be great moves for the consumer over the next year or so in the wireless world and that is a great thing.

Indeed there is: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-fix-sprint/ (January 26, 2016)

"The mahogany castle now stands empty. Claure works in another building on a floor of low-slung cubicles and conference rooms named for U.S. cities. His desk faces a huge wall screen displaying Sprint’s customer gains and losses, updated every two hours."

"The numbers in black (good) and red (bad) are vetted each day at a meeting attended by all top executives and run by Claure. “If you aren’t hitting your marks, you’re expected to come in with a plan to fix it,” says Kevin Crull, president of Sprint’s 15-state central area. “There’s patience for your plan as long as it’s measured in hours and days, not weeks and months.”"

• Like 3

Indeed there is: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-fix-sprint/ (January 26, 2016)

"The mahogany castle now stands empty. Claure works in another building on a floor of low-slung cubicles and conference rooms named for U.S. cities. His desk faces a huge wall screen displaying Sprint’s customer gains and losses, updated every two hours."

"The numbers in black (good) and red (bad) are vetted each day at a meeting attended by all top executives and run by Claure. “If you aren’t hitting your marks, you’re expected to come in with a plan to fix it,” says Kevin Crull, president of Sprint’s 15-state central area. “There’s patience for your plan as long as it’s measured in hours and days, not weeks and months.”"

You do know that article is January 2016 right?

You do know that article is January 2016 right?

Yes I am aware. As far as I know, Marcelo still works in a cubicle and Sprint still has a wall of monitors that tracks customer metrics.

Otherwise, the company is no longer in a death spirial.

Are you still using the same phones from Sprint or did you pay for new unlocked phones from T-Mobile?

Yes it can.

Read several posts above.

It's 4x4 on low band (sub 1 ghz) that's a huge challenge. Hell tmobile is already running 4x4 for B2/4.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did not think they were running 4x4 on the handset side.

I think a Tmobile and Dish merger would be good so that Tmobile can grab the Dish spectrum and actually deploy it.

• Like 2