Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

My SNR right now is 27.0db on a -94dbm Band 25 signal. For some reason SNR is super high is Boston when compared to NYC. Perhaps it's due to the high density of sites there

if the snr is higher does that mean the signal is dirtier ?

Opposite. There's less noise so it's a cleaner signal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

the higher the better ....and the lower the worse the signal... got it :) so i see your still using a nexus 6 :) its a great phone

I want to make it clear, the comps I were making were long term ones.

Q3 2016 S to Q4 2016 TMUS is the quarterly comp. I assumed everyone on here knew that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So Sprint did nothing for ED subscribers right?

The online optimizer shows a price hike for me... and thats before we start adding phone costs

This is what I'm scratching my head about.

ED1500 customers are for the most part high value, high ARPU, high ABPU customers. It isn't like Sprint telling SERO users "sorry, we can't help you here." I would think Sprint would be going a little harder at retaining the ED1500 crowd.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The online optimizer shows a price hike for me... and thats before we start adding phone costs

Sprint's "resolution" for loyalty customers turned out not to be so great of a deal, which really isn't surprising. Sprint use to have great plans, some which were very unique and customer-driven, which probably would have helped Sprint a lot, if at the time there wasn't such a mess involving its network, upgrades, etc.

Not to blame Sprint for that though, as much work needed done to help improve things longer term during the Hesse days when these plans were active. Even so, with what is going on in Sprint, I think more attention needs to be taken to what AT&T is doing wrong. Ever since reading the Open Signal reports of AT&T's declining status, and my own issues with how they are handling Uverse, it seems AT&T is on track for a downfall.

So, I expect if Sprint is watching closely and decides to actually do something big, now is the time, or at least soon. Already it seems T-Mobile and Verizon are making major decisions, and there certainly is plenty of room for Sprint to do so too.

Well, they kindly showed us the door.

The only alternatives I see online is a price hike from 240 (before taxes for me) to 310. Calling a rep is useless as well. I was told they couldn't do anything to lower my bill to compete with the other 3 carriers.

Funny how the slowest carrier with the smallest national footprint has the balls to tell it's most loyal customers to take a hike. It's very mind boggling.

• Like 4

This is what I'm scratching my head about.

ED1500 customers are for the most part high value, high ARPU, high ABPU customers.

How so?  Provide some numbers.  Take into account that many Everything Data subs want subsidy or loyalty credits and "unlimited" data.

And when was Everything Data last offered as a current plan?  How many years deprecated is it at this point?

AJ

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-and-ericsson-to-demonstrate-live-high-speed-gigabit-class-data-speeds-over-lte-tdd.htm

This gigabit speed -- does sprint need to update the towers or everything is ready to go, except for backhaul?

I have the same question. If this is ready to go then it's going to be a huge help to the Sprint network but if hardware is required...we'll it's Sprint so you know the wait is going to be long af.
  • Like 3

I'm so confused. If you see a better deal elsewhere, then leave. ED1500 was made for subsidized devices and those aren't being sold anymore. I switched off of that plan in 2015 because I saw my bill go up when I switched to device financing. Now I'm reaping the rewards of that switch.

If I were to switch to VZW's Unlimited plan today it would be $48 more than my current plan before taxes and fees.

Would be nice if Sprint offered phone deals too for existing customers. TM has 50% off S7, S7 Edge, and V20. No requirement to be a new customer.

Sprint does have this for 50% iphone 7 and s7. Its a targeted offer but ive seen it in moat upgrade eligible accounts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

is that why the iphone usually has better battery life

Apple typically gets much better battery life for many reasons

Biggest

- the OS is made for the CPU

- CPU is more efficient and OS can work better with less threads

- the GPU has less pixels to draw

Lesser

- more efficient task switching (newer Dozer features in Android handle this very closely)

- better SDK for developing the apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dont say!

I was just on the phone with customer support for 40 minutes....

In January, we purchased a 2-year upgrade iPhone for $299.

Credit card gets charged ~$350 after taxes. Great! Transaction finished!

So now we get bill showing a $299 equipment charge. OH NO YOU DIDNT. Why are we being charged twice?

Well, turns out the $350 credit card charge, which was for the new phone and taxes was actually charged against the bill before autopay could come in. It in turn cancelled autopay and resulted in a negative balance.

Then the full month + the iphone showed up on the new bill.

The total adds up, but WTF are you doing Sprint accounting!

That drives me sooo crazy every time I buy a phone. I always think they are double charging me until I list out all the payments.. When your monthly bill is $170, it makes the next month's bill over $300. I do a double-take every time!
  • Like 1

I'm so confused. If you see a better deal elsewhere, then leave. ED1500 was made for subsidized devices and those aren't being sold anymore.

The problem isn't that subsidies are gone. The problem is that Sprint isn't offering anything to these customers to make their bill competitive with what the market dictates.

It's just bad business and they will slowly lose customers as phone leases/installments/subsidies expire for those on ED1500

• Like 3

The problem isn't that subsidies are gone. The problem is that Sprint isn't offering anything to these customers to make their bill competitive with what the market dictates.

It's just bad business and they will slowly lose customers as phone leases/installments/subsidies expire for those on ED1500

I'm still confused. Aren't current plans cheaper than ED1500 anyway? Why are people still holding onto them for dear life unless they're purchasing all of their devices outright? Current plans offer more features for the same price or less.

• Like 1

Irrelevant. Subsidies are gone and Loyalty credits are going away soon. Everyone offers unlimited data as well.

What many Everything Data subs want is "irrelevant"?  Okay.  Then, their want for Sprint to do something for them is irrelevant.  You said it.

AJ

I have the same question. If this is ready to go then it's going to be a huge help to the Sprint network but if hardware is required...we'll it's Sprint so you know the wait is going to be long af.

It's ready-to-go in every market where Sprint has Ericsson B41 equipment deployed.

It's ready-to-go in every market where Sprint has Ericsson B41 equipment deployed.

I thought all b41 was handled by Nokia and samsung. When did ericsson jump into the picture? And what markets are getting ericsson now?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm still confused. Aren't current plans cheaper than ED1500 anyway?

Color me confused, too.  Check out the Sprint subreddit.  Users long have been advised to stick with their Everything Data plans, as they were unbeatable sweetheart deals.  Now, Everything Data users are whining that they are being left out and shortchanged?  Talk about cognitive dissonance.

AJ

• Like 5

I thought all b41 was handled by Nokia and samsung. When did ericsson jump into the picture? And what markets are getting ericsson now?

utzTCyo.png

EDIT: In case it was unclear, the press release was about a Sprint and Ericsson demonstration.

• Like 1

I'm still confused. Aren't current plans cheaper than ED1500 anyway? Why are people still holding onto them for dear life unless they're purchasing all of their devices outright? Current plans offer more features for the same price or less.

No not for less if you've upgraded a device in the past 2 yrs. For instance my sister has 5 lines. 4 of the lines upgraded using 2yr subsidized pricing. 1 line upgraded a year ago, 1 did it 8 months ago, 1 about 6 months ago and 1 did it last month. To change plans Sprint is charging those 4 lines an additional $25 per line on top of their normal plan rate. Only 1 out of the 5 lines isn't getting hit with this $25 fee because they are out of contract.

• Like 1