Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Those "six figure" folks are already on Verizon.

Bingo. 

Until someone has a quality experience everywhere that beats that, there they will stay. This might be why I am leaning toward a Magenta/Yellow merger where in the past I was cold toward it. 

• Like 1

Yeah but I'm kinda in agreement. I don't think it's the death of either one but I think we might start seeing Verizon pull in those 1 Million+ net adds again that they've been lacking for a little while.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Win win situation for big red. The flood of customers will come back, and Tmobile and Sprint will merger then once we have only three carriers Verizon can eliminate unlimited data again and raise rates  Canadian style.

by the way I have an Iphone 7 plus  with Verizon and Galaxy 7 on Sprint, and let me tell you Verizon is going crazy deploying 3x  or 2x in New York. Also the phone is picking the less overloaded band which is # 2 and Speeds has gone up a lot. example in my apartment I used to get only 16 down and 18 up using a Galaxy 4 now I am getting 70 down and 34 up in doors. Sprint is very good in Manhattan but once you leave the Island its just an average carrier. I guess they are extremely good because of those 200 small cells.

• Like 1

I am literally speechless. Even on the most Sprint friendly sites, people are speaking about switching to Verizon. I have to say it will be tough to stay with Sprint. Sprint will have to respond and respond fast. No more tiny CAPEX with all the glaring issues. If Son really wants to compete, now is his time. Unfortunately this will definitely increase churn for Sprint.

• Like 4

If Sprint doesn't have a good counter for current customers or unless Verizon runs out of runway, this could be a significant quarter for both of them.

• Like 1

If Sprint doesn't have a good counter for current customers or unless Verizon runs out of runway, this could be a significant quarter for both of them.

Maybe 50% off of VZ unlimited plan with no expire dates.  I would think twice since I am switching next month when the S8 is out.

I am literally speechless. Even on the most Sprint friendly sites, people are speaking about switching to Verizon. I have to say it will be tough to stay with Sprint. Sprint will have to respond and respond fast. No more tiny CAPEX with all the glaring issues. If Son really wants to compete, now is his time. Unfortunately this will definitely increase churn for Sprint.

SoftBank should have bought the rest of Sprint when it was in the $2-3 per share range... what a missed opportunity.

I agree with you that Sprint needs to accelerate CapEx very quickly. On top of that, Sprint needs to update its pricing.

• Like 2

San Diego market sux ass for Sprint.  I guess I will be moving too because Unlimited is back.

Totally agree. Very bad in SD. Service at home is almost like it was during the days before LTE. Not only that, many other towns in North County took at big hit going down the drain service wise, and reported many times at these locations (Encinitas, Vista, Oceanside, parts of Carlsbad, and Escondido) via phone call, and Sprint Zone. All I get is techs will go out to look in the area, or they'll say nothing is wrong. It's not the same here. I finally got a $40 credit a couple days ago, after reporting bad service at home getting 1x service, after they found many issues happening in the area, and seen on record I've been calling about this since mid December.

• Like 2

Totally agree. Very bad in SD. Service at home is almost like it was during the days before LTE. Not only that, many other towns in North County took at big hit going down the drain service wise, and reported many times at these locations (Encinitas, Vista, Oceanside, parts of Carlsbad, and Escondido) via phone call, and Sprint Zone. All I get is techs will go out to look in the area, or they'll say nothing is wrong. It's not the same here. I finally got a $40 credit a couple days ago, after reporting bad service at home getting 1x service, after they found many issues happening in the area, and seen on record I've been calling about this since mid December.

If Sprint wants to be great in San Diego, they simply need to do it like Vegas. It's little too late, Verizon is the strongest in So-Cal IMO. They have LTE coverage everywhere. With Unlimited, I have no reason to stick it out with Sprint even though I am a shareholder.

I went hiking in Poway, the family was pulling 40+ Mbps on Verizon in the middle of the mountains.  Verizon is not too bad since they have many many small cells all over San Diego.  My workplace maybe 10Mbps tops on Verizon, but I can live with that as many places I go with Sprint, 3G indoor.  LTE is better than 3G IMO. My cousin is a manager at a Verizon store, I will have more clarity on the limitations tomorrow.

Just gather up to get 5-7 lines, it would be worth it.  We are switching our entire family with 7 lines to Verizon.  It comes out to be $34/line assuming we can get 7 lines on unlimited.  $120 first line, and $20 per additional line.

• Like 2

I feel like we're all traitors lol. I'm sure Marcelo is looking at these comments like

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/56/7b/5f567b0a162453399f8af1cb564f8139.gif

But in all seriousness, I'm curious to see how Masa will respond. Sprint's network plans sound promising (on paper) this year but we all know how they are when it comes to execution.

• Like 3

I feel like we're all traitors lol. I'm sure Marcelo is looking at these comments like

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/56/7b/5f567b0a162453399f8af1cb564f8139.gif

But in all seriousness, I'm curious to see how Masa will respond. Sprint's network plans sound promising (on paper) this year but we all know how they are when it comes to execution.

I have been with Nextel now Sprint since 05. We have been loyal.  It is just not cutting it anymore for me in San Diego. I cannot speak for everyone, but $240 for 7 lines ($34) each is a no brainer for better coverage.  Note I did not say speed.  I am still rooting for Sprint to be better since I am a shareholder, but I have suffered long enough in So-Cal.

• Like 2

What's funny is how many die hard Tmo/sprint people are ready to jump. That shows there is no loyalty in this business and customers will go for the best "value" regardless. I don't see this being that big of a deal for sprint -they will tweak their plans. The biggest impact will be felt by Tmo/att. A lot of Tmo customers came from vzw and will jump back at these prices as soon as the new samsung comes out. Att hasn't done anything recently so I am guessing they heard about this on their private chat lines which would explain why they haven't really changed pricing and have done nothing for retentions. Now att will play the cards they have been sitting on whether it's publicly or through retentions.

All in all I don't see this as a big deal most people switch when a new phone comes out and there aren't many phones out now to make someone want to switch and stick with that phone for 2 years. I would be more excited if they did this at the time of the new samsung s8 or iPhone8. It's definitely a game changer but I think they did it a little early. This will be an interesting week nonetheless.

I do believe this will show us sprints future plans. It almost seems to easy. Sprint and Tmos secret collaboration of lowering prices until the big 2 respond drastically then running to the Feds saying we can't survive without each other. Hmmmmm

• Like 3

I have been with Nextel now Sprint since 05. We have been loyal. It is just not cutting it anymore for me in San Diego. I cannot speak for everyone, but $240 for 7 lines ($34) each is a no brainer for better coverage. Note I did not say speed. I am still rooting for Sprint to be better since I am a shareholder, but I have suffered long enough in So-Cal.

Vzw plans will not get you to 240 for seven lines. The maximum number of lines is five and five lines will run you 260.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vzw plans will not get you to 240 for seven lines. The maximum number of lines is five and five lines will run you 260.

Did you include autopay discount?  Its $100 for multi lines, +$20 each smartphone.  assuming 5 lines, it's $200.  Assuming we can do 7 lines it's $240.  My cousin is a Manager at Verizon, waiting for more tomorrow to confirm.

If Sprint wants to be great in San Diego, they simply need to do it like Vegas. It's little too late, Verizon is the strongest in So-Cal IMO. They have LTE coverage everywhere. With Unlimited, I have no reason to stick it out with Sprint even though I am a shareholder.

I went hiking in Poway, the family was pulling 40+ Mbps on Verizon in the middle of the mountains. Verizon is not too bad since they have many many small cells all over San Diego. My workplace maybe 10Mbps tops on Verizon, but I can live with that as many places I go with Sprint, 3G indoor. LTE is better than 3G IMO. My cousin is a manager at a Verizon store, I will have more clarity on the limitations tomorrow.

Just gather up to get 5-7 lines, it would be worth it. We are switching our entire family with 7 lines to Verizon. It comes out to be $34/line assuming we can get 7 lines on unlimited. $120 first line, and $20 per additional line.

I don't know where you got that pricing but two lines is 80+45=125 and 45 a line up to 5 lines total. That is 260 for 5 lines. VZW isn't going to under cut T-Mobile or sprint, their brand is worth more.

• Like 1

Did you include autopay discount? Its $100 for multi lines, +$20 each smartphone. assuming 5 lines, it's $200. Assuming we can do 7 lines it's $240. My cousin is a Manager at Verizon, waiting for more tomorrow to confirm.

Not according to the link posted in this thread.

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-unlimited-data-network-you-deserve-verizon

• Like 1

Not according to the link posted in this thread.

https://np.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/5to84t/introducing_verizon_unlimited/

Multi plan $100. $20 for each smartphone.  My cousin doesn't have full details so cannot confirm.  Waiting on more nfo tomorrow.