Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I live in Virginia and you will not see Charter here in the Commonwealth, it is mostly Comcast, Cox, Verizon Fios, maybe some AT&T here and there, but no Charter. So the question stands.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

What?  Charter is in newport news, norfolk and portmouth and i think that is even before they have migrated over the newly purchased Time warner assets.  TW has stores in abingdon, herndon and richlands, va.  most cable companies do not put random stores into areas where there is no service.  they wouldnt get much foot traffic.

• Like 1

BT-AC106_CHARTE_16U_20150528094340.jpg

This is the combined company's combined coax footprint.

I wish these cable/wireless mergers would stop for the sake of competition, but I will say that TWC subscriber-access "public" wifi covers virtually every public Sprint indoor deadzone in my immediate area and it would be sweet if Sprint subs got access to that wifi.

Edit: and here's a population density map since that gives some more meaning to the data.

US%20Population%20density,%202010.png

• Like 1

You speaking of RoadRunner which was split off from Time Warner, and I'm in the Herndon area where Cox dominates.

Charter purchased the cable assets of Time Warner and Brighthouse.  Road runner was just a brand name for TWs high speed internet that they dropped a couple of years ago.  Charter has all of Time warners residential and business class cable and internet accounts and networks now.  Regardless, Charter also has a few spots in virginia that they have had all along. 

Please explain why combining with Charter would help Sprint. Most Sprint customers do not live anywhere near Charter.

Who said anything about "helping"? If a move like that does happen, it won't be to help Sprint, but more to line Charter shareholder's pockets.

But I doubt something like this happens. If this were an office pool, my money is on SoftBank buying T-Mobile and finally shutting down the Sprint HQ. Sprint hasn't been successfully run in a very long time and T-Mobile has been the flavor of the month for a very long time. Also shorter flights between Japan and Seattle.

• Like 1

What I proposed was that Verizon and Dish Merge nd then TMobile and Sprint merge. Then T-Mobile/Sprint go into a partnership with the cable cos where cable cos video offerings get zero rated in return for reduced prices for backhaul/fronthaul and cable hotspot roaming. Maybe even combined cable modems/wifi/LTE hotspots with seamless voice handoffs.

Please explain why combining with Charter would help Sprint.   Most Sprint  customers do not live anywhere near Charter.

I live in Virginia and you will not see Charter here in the Commonwealth, it is mostly Comcast, Cox, Verizon Fios, maybe some AT&T here and there, but no Charter. So the question stands. Charter isn't all that big here.

This is an example of using your local experience and thinking it applies to the rest of the country... Charter has a reasonably large presence in the Midwest, the Southeast, and in the West as you can see in the map above. Many of the viewers of my station get their signal through Charter. 

Here is another example for which one you didn't think of. Directv which is now owned by AT&T, blankets the whole country but you didn't think about that one did you. Cable systems operate by County and city contracts, not by state. And Charter does not blanket the South East, Mid West, or South West. The biggest cable operator is still Comcast which covers more then Charter does

Here is another example for which one you didn't think of. Directv which is now owned by AT&T, blankets the whole country but you didn't think about that one did you. Cable systems operate by County and city contracts, not by state. And Charter does not blanket the South East, Mid West, or South West. The biggest cable operator is still Comcast which covers more then Charter does

I did not suggest that they had nationwide coverage, nor that they are bigger than Comcast or "blanket" any particular area.. If you read what I posted, I was simply stating that just because they are not in your area does not mean they are not within Sprint's footprint. 

BT-AC106_CHARTE_16U_20150528094340.jpg

This is the combined company's combined coax footprint.

I don't know what that map depicts, but it definitely isn't their coax footprint. Take a look at southeast Louisiana which is majorly Cox Communications territory. They do have a fiber transport partnership with Cox, so maybe that's why Cox territories are depicted.

Here's an alternative map:

new-charter-foot-print.png

Source

• Like 3

The prizes will again be snatched by those with the deepest pockets. Imagine Verizon buying Dish and keeping all of Dish's spectrum- and then imagine them taking a run at the remaining regionals and then comcast. The sky is the limit, much like the era when the big two gobbled up all of the low band spectrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be hysterical. All net neutrality is a fight between content providers and infrastructure companies on who gets what profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is another example for which one you didn't think of. Directv which is now owned by AT&T, blankets the whole country but you didn't think about that one did you. Cable systems operate by County and city contracts, not by state.

Ever heard of a little conglomerate called SoftBank? They own or have stake in several diverse companies.

I don't know what that map depicts, but it definitely isn't their coax footprint. Take a look at southeast Louisiana which is majorly Cox Communications territory. They do have a fiber transport partnership with Cox, so maybe that's why Cox territories are depicted.

Here's an alternative map:

new-charter-foot-print.png

Source

Hmm. I think my map might just be showing any MSA that the cable co offers service in. So yes your map is more accurate.

Why are the forums down?

It wouldn't let me view unless I signed in.

Not down.  We are just temporarily blocking guest traffic.  We are having a run on guest traffic lately.  We will temporarily shut down guest traffic between now and the end of the month when it gets extraordinarily high.

Robert

• Like 5

Not down. We are just temporarily blocking guest traffic. We are having a run on guest traffic lately. We will temporarily shut down guest traffic between now and the end of the month when it gets extraordinarily high.

Robert

It's probably Marcelo trying to get ideas and your blocking him. ????????????

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not down.  We are just temporarily blocking guest traffic.  We are having a run on guest traffic lately.  We will temporarily shut down guest traffic between now and the end of the month when it gets extraordinarily high.

Robert

It's probably Marcelo trying to get ideas and your blocking him.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Im curious to know how many IP's originate from Sprint HQ.  :secret:

• Like 4

Not down. We are just temporarily blocking guest traffic. We are having a run on guest traffic lately. We will temporarily shut down guest traffic between now and the end of the month when it gets extraordinarily high.

Robert

I wonder if the Tidal purchase caused that much of a spike on Sprint searches that it lead people to S4GRU?
  • Like 2