Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I don't think you really listened to the first announcement back a couple of weeks ago when Masa spoke after meeting with Trump. If Hillary had won, this wouldn't be happening because it would be business as usual with policies already in place by Obama. Masa had said if Hillary had won, no way he was going to be able to do what they are doing now. There is no quid pro quo, just the US is about to become a lot more business friendly and job creation.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

The merger will happen and all this talk about job creation is to make up for the fact that with a merger there will be job losses. They will probably couch it in terms of in order for T-Mobile and Sprint to create a 5G/gigabit network that is essential for IOT/smart cities they can't do it alone since they just took on massive debt to implement 4G. and that the deployment will create more jobs. 

• Like 1

"Spoke with....."

He wasn't really announcing anything...

Sent from my LG V20

Marcelo spoke with Trump and then they both announced it through their own communication channels.

For whatever reason, this happened the way it did. Do we know for a fact this would have still occurred had the election had gone the other way?

Marcelo spoke with Trump and then they both announced it through their own communication channels.

For whatever reason, this happened the way it did. Do we know for a fact this would have still occurred had the election had gone the other way?

Well, maybe this will be the long delayed start to making Sprint great again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

See I am old and skeptical. CEOs don't just let the President announce and get credit for job creation if they don't get something for it. It's Sprint that's creating the jobs, not Trump. By letting him claim credit for it they are doing him a favor. They are going to call on the favor at some point or another. I firmly believe it's about the merger.

Take the $256M battery plant in Buffalo Between Tesla and Panasonic. Don't you think that was a quid pro quo from Trump? As in don't touch the federal subsidies for renewables? 

If I was running either of these companies I would definitely make a deal where I got something out of it. Wouldn't you?

• Like 3

At this point no one knows what was said behind closed doors between Trump and Marcelo/Masa, everything is speculation and the rumor mill has been churning ever since Trump announced the deal with Masa.   

• Like 1

See I am old and skeptical. CEOs don't just let the President announce and get credit for job creation if they don't get something for it. It's Sprint that's creating the jobs, not Trump. By letting him claim credit for it they are doing him a favor. They are going to call on the favor at some point or another. I firmly believe it's about the merger.

Take the $256M battery plant in Buffalo Between Tesla and Panasonic. Don't you think that was a quid pro quo from Trump? As in don't touch the federal subsidies for renewables? 

If I was running either of these companies I would definitely make a deal where I got something out of it. Wouldn't you?

Regardless of any backroom deals, having the President-Elect share credit is a publicity multiplier.

Win-Win for both sides.

• Like 3

Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure to Speak Jan. 5 at Citi’s 2017 Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-to-speak-jan-5-at-citis-2017-internet-media-and-telecommunications-conference.htm

Hope we get some good news.

• Like 1

Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure to Speak Jan. 5 at Citi’s 2017 Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-to-speak-jan-5-at-citis-2017-internet-media-and-telecommunications-conference.htm

Hope we get some good news.

You just got good news. 5k jobs coming to US of A

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Regardless of any backroom deals, having the President-Elect share credit is a publicity multiplier.

Win-Win for both sides.

Maybe Sprint/Trump can announce a massive densification/coverage expansion of the network and actually commit money to get it done. Then announce it again when it's actually finished. That's a win/win I can get behind. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

Maybe Sprint/Trump can announce a massive densification/coverage expansion of the network and actually commit money to get it done. Then announce it again when it's actually finished. That's a win/win I can get behind. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

I hope your right.

Change We Can Believe In

• Like 3

I don't think you really listened to the first announcement back a couple of weeks ago when Masa spoke after meeting with Trump. If Hillary had won, this wouldn't be happening because it would be business as usual with policies already in place by Obama. Masa had said if Hillary had won, no way he was going to be able to do what they are doing now. There is no quid pro quo, just the US is about to become a lot more business friendly and job creation.

Business as usual? I wouldn't call hosting a fundraiser for Hillary business as usual. Son is shooting for merger and I think it happens. Those new 5K jobs is a gesture of good will and I'm sure Sprint will find a way to technically "create" jobs without really having to do so. Give Trump some good will, and expect that good will to be returned.

I don't think it would have happened under Hillary since she would probably not take kindly to a merger.

So how would you explain the CEO of Sprint hosting a fundraiser for Hillary?

Sprint/Son have been positioning themselves for something big by dipping their feet into the political realm. The only logical "big" favor I can see them asking from the new administration is merger.

So how would you explain the CEO of Sprint hosting a fundraiser for Hillary?

Sprint/Son have been positioning themselves for something big by dipping their feet into the political realm. The only logical "big" favor I can see them asking from the new administration is merger.

How about permitting or net neutrality etc, mergers aren't the only thing big telcos are concerned with.

Marcelo just tweeted:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/814537972653625344

"The 5,000 jobs are NEW jobs that @Sprint is creating or bringing back to the U.S. Great news for the country."

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/814537973203091456

"Stop speculating. This has NOTHING to do with previously announced @Sprint initiatives."

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/814537973203091456

"Stop speculating. This has NOTHING to do with previously announced @Sprint initiatives."

Hard to not speculate when you trumpet such a big decision alongside the newly president elect.

Something is brewing.

• Like 3

That's the problem here, there are some that keep speculating merger when it isn't in the picture. The business environment is about to change where even a 2 percent drop in the corporate tax rate would spur on hiring. Changes in the tax code and killing Obamacare aka affordable Care like there's a OXY moron of I ever seen it could get repealed and save companies money in which they could hire. Spend more on company infrastructure. Improve the network greatly. There is no merger happening for at least a couple of years. The merger people are the same ones that are saying 600 MHz will be a panacea and that's turning out to be a crook. Get your heads away from mergers, you will only disappoint yourself again.