Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Here in Springfield it's spotty. They actually built a mini macro that went live about 8 months ago. I was so excited but if your outside its not bad but Inside less than 2 blocks away you can't stream without the pains of bufferrng. Calls drop handing off to the next tower. How long are you supposed to wait? Meanwhile there is another part of Springfield where i have sent over 50 of those sprint zone requests because the data is unusable..

Sprint needs much more work.

When I am in ct lte coverage seems pretty decent on the highway. Once I get off though I still see myself on 3G more than I expected.

• Like 1

No I get great results via sprintcares via Marcelo!!!

I'm referring to the regional person based off of his twitter account, which is 95% filed with retweets from other events.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt by waiting a few days to see if he responds.

In my area Sprint pulled the majority of upgrades and no pending new requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I did look up mr Torres info and reach out

• Like 1

In all of my tracking of Sprint doing coverage expansion I have only seen one cell in the flesh that is an all new cell, in Sparta of all places. Yes, right up the road from me. ????????????

Second point: both Verizon and T-Mobile have large chunks of GMO around where I live. Only reason Verizon can get away with it is because they have 750 MHz spectrum that can cover peaks and valleys where I live where T-Mobile does not have that luxury. By now, Verizon should have had their entire LTE network here in Randolph County on AIR32 for both 750 MHz and AWS which is deployed on one tower in Steeleville, and a couple in Sparta along with some small cells. I can't solely call Sprint out on GMO. They aren't the only ones doing this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Here in Springfield it's spotty. They actually built a mini macro that went live about 8 months ago. I was so excited but if your outside its not bad but Inside less than 2 blocks away you can't stream without the pains of bufferrng. Calls drop handing off to the next tower. How long are you supposed to wait? Meanwhile there is another part of Springfield where i have sent over 50 of those sprint zone requests because the data is unusable..

Sprint needs much more work.

When I am in ct lte coverage seems pretty decent on the highway. Once I get off though I still see myself on 3G more than I expected.

That's not what I wanted to hear :-(

I thought folks here said Sprint was great in and near Springfield. And Connecticut....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have another idea that might help Sprint if they went back to having a $75 monthly Unlimited Data plan with no additional line discounts, yet they could remove the restrictions on it. Then, Sprint could apply a $30 monthly discount on lines that had an active device EIP or device lease, making the rate $45 monthly, instead of $75 monthly, so long as there is an active monthly payment on a device for that line.

If Sprint offered this, it might be a great way of not only getting customers onto Sprint, but increase store traffic with people getting devices and upgrades, which accessories would get sold more often to go along with the device purchases/leases. Plus, smartphone manufacturers might be impressed upon Sprint having this arrangement and be more willing to have their devices work on the Sprint network. In turn, business would be up and Sprint would have more money to do the necessary and desired network additions/upgrades.

These plans aren't profitable Arysyn. $45 basically for service is selling product at a loss, they have so much overhead to cover. Paying site leases, energy, and back haul gets EXPENSIVE. And that's not including the millions that go into R&D, maintenance, and the credit they have to return to accounts where their is service issues. You can't even consider capex at $45 a month. You know how often single line people jump around plan to plan? That's why it's easier to sell 4 lines for $160, it's basically a guarantee they won't easily switch. And even if they do, there's a high chance Sprint will get their 2 year's worth of revenue from them. $45 isn't even FEASIBLE, and imagine what Virgin and Boost would have to sell plans at. They need to turn a profit not post bigger losses. They're on the right path, their plans aren't complex, and nobody is losing sleep over the fact the first like is $60 and the second is $40.

• Like 3

In all of my tracking of Sprint doing coverage expansion I have only seen one cell in the flesh that is an all new cell, in Sparta of all places. Yes, right up the road from me. ????????????

Second point: both Verizon and T-Mobile have large chunks of GMO around where I live. Only reason Verizon can get away with it is because they have 750 MHz spectrum that can cover peaks and valleys where I live where T-Mobile does not have that luxury. By now, Verizon should have had their entire LTE network here in Randolph County on AIR32 for both 750 MHz and AWS which is deployed on one tower in Steeleville, and a couple in Sparta along with some small cells. I can't solely call Sprint out on GMO. They aren't the only ones doing this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If Verizon is doing LTE Advanced, they would need new equipment. Do you not live in one of those markets? Or are you just seeing a handful of GMOs and some modernized sites?

Edit: ignore this, I'm a dumb and am bad at reading.

Lol, yeah trolling. Austin, MN is perfect example of the two blocks of Band 41. Literally only get Band 41 on north side of town if outside and for a few blocks. Specifically this area: http://imgur.com/a/IUpE4

Though where there is density, e.g. downtown Minneapolis, it's fine.

But not 2 blocks from the tower. If you do you should contact customer service and escalate a trouble ticket, you might have defective equipment in your area.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

But not 2 blocks from the tower. If you do you should contact customer service and escalate a trouble ticket, you might have defective equipment in your area.

Yeah, our small cells in NYC have 2-3 block radius.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, our small cells in NYC have 2-3 block radius.

I understand small cells have a small service area and are used for capacity, but I'm macro sites.

That screen shot is two blocks from the tower on I-90. Have yet to connect to Band 41 on the other tower in town. Maybe you're right, I should. But given how it took them 1.5 years to actually get any LTE in Austin, I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I understand small cells have a small service area and are used for capacity, but I'm macro sites.

I was suggesting that it seems weird that a macro site would have the service area of a small cell.

• Like 1

That screen shot is two blocks from the tower on I-90. Have yet to connect to Band 41 on the other tower in town. Maybe you're right, I should. But given how it took them 1.5 years to actually get any LTE in Austin, I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Maintenance is a separate department, if it's determined that equipment is faulty they'll expedite replacement since it's supposed to be providing service at the moment.

I was suggesting that it seems weird that a macro site would have the service area of a small cell.

Faulty RRUs, inadequate configuration of power outputs to the ports? Who knows? If It's a Sprint 8t8r panel there's no reason for it to not cover the same area a 5 FDD B25 carrier does.

I get B41 in Washington State in places at 5 miles+ at times. Every site is different. It depends on how it's engineered, deployed and operating. Azimuth, down tilt and power levels. And sometimes, RRU's are faulty.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I get B41 in Washington State in places at 5 miles+ at times. Every site is different. It depends on how it's engineered, deployed and operating. Azimuth, down tilt and power levels. And sometimes, RRU's are faulty.

But we do agree that if it's a macro site it's designed to cover a larger than 2 city blocks radius on a normal city without the dense population of NYC and those places. The most coverage I've seen from a macro site is around 3 miles, but it's good to know they can reach even farther. So where did the myth that 2.6 GHZ can't reach far or inside buildings come from?

But we do agree that if it's a macro site it's designed to cover a larger than 2 city blocks radius on a normal city without the dense population of NYC and those places. The most coverage I've seen from a macro site is around 3 miles, but it's good to know they can reach even farther. So where did the myth that 2.6 GHZ can't reach far or inside buildings come from?

There are quite a few far reaching B41 sites in Kitsap and Mason Counties. The one on a ridge top in Kamilche along the US 101 reaches to the north side of Shelton when you have line of sight. That's approx 8-9 air miles.

• Like 1

I was just on the phone with Sprint network management. Guys, band 25 carrier aggregation is in the works!

In your neck of the woods or nationwide?

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

In your neck of the woods or nationwide?

We were speaking specifically for NYC, but he did tell me that depending on the vendor, it might be accomplishable on current equipment through a software upgrade. So they must be looking into other locations. He said several sites have it enabled for trials.
  • Like 3

We were speaking specifically for NYC, but he did tell me that depending on the vendor, it might be accomplishable on current through a software upgrade. So they must be looking into other locations. He said several sites have it enabled for trials.

Nice!!

As I responded to Johnner1999, it isn't the pricing, but the setup that I believe is complicated, in having all the different speed limitations for this and that. Having one flat speed cap is fine, but it gets confusing when customers have to look at their different needs and see if this speed cap for this, and this speed cap for that, is fine for what they want. Plus, not everyone is a gamer and doesn't need the extra speed for that, but may need more than 500mbps speed for music, which if they upgrade, they essentially are paying more than what they need for one thing, versus the other. Having a flat speed cap that meets all needs is preferable, hence my idea to make it similar to Cricket, by having unlimited at 9mbps, a slight bit faster than Cricket for competitions sake.

I don't understand how having a flat speed cap and a flat fee is complicated. $45 monthly at 9mbps for all lines is complicated?

It takes away the discounting calculations needed for additional lines by pricing the first line less, but charging more for each additional line at a flat fee. That is as simple as it could get, other than of course my additional idea of having a truly totally unlimited $75 monthly per line, which is the rate Sprint was charging before they replaced it with Unlimited Freedom, with the exception of the discounted additional lines.

You're holding onto those caps without any point of reference and experience with them. 99% of customers will not see or experience the difference in streaming audio quality, or gaming.

There are 2 plans, that's all. One serves 90% of users, and one premium which serves the remaining 10%. 

Well, we'll see how well this new plan works out for Sprint. I know for me it is the first time I've ever been really disappointed in their rate planning, as they've always been the most fair, straightforward in their pricing plans, despite Framily. I think Sprint will likely modify these areas anyways, as they did when they had the speed limit on the All-In plan, which other than the speed limit, it was a pretty neat plan to include device payments. Time will tell with this. 

I know for a fact that this plan is working out.

In order to each the same radius as a B25 site, you need the 8t8r panels.