Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm late and catching up now....any news on NGN? And sprint reported a 173k net add which is good but sprint has posted this and I believe more prior to this quarter....what makes this one so good?

The were port positive against all 3 national carriers which is insanely good. They've done more cost cutting and their churn is at a record low. Basically, they're gaining the most valuable customers from other carriers and keeping them.

Also no news on NGN. They said they wouldn't give out information on it a long time ago and they still haven't. 

• Like 1

The were port positive against all 3 national carriers which is insanely good. They've done more cost cutting and their churn is at a record low. Basically, they're gaining the most valuable customers from other carriers and keeping them.

Also no news on NGN. They said they wouldn't give out information on it a long time ago and they still haven't. 

Yeah but this is still pretty scary "The number of total connections amounted to 59.45 million compared with 56.81 million last year, and ARPU was $4/month lower for postpaid and 50 cents/month lower for prepaid. Sprint recorded a net loss of $302 million or 8 cents a share for the period. Last year, it reported a net loss of $20 million or 1 cent a share." from the http://www.phonearen...ditions_id83515 article.

They will have to show improvements in this area going forward which will, unfortunately, mean prices increases. However, with price increases you also run the risk of increasing churn. The reason for the stock shooting up today is because some analysts are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I do think the stock will drop back a bit over the next few days. If you believe momentum is building, then if you have some cash for a risky investment, now would be the time to pull the plug (after the next drop). Personally, I want to see them stop hemorrhaging cash while still gaining subscribers. 

I wish they would talk more about densification or at least analysts had questions about it.  But none was mentioned!

Marcelo mentioned awhile back they don't want to give away their playbook so I'm not surprised we haven't heard much.

• Like 1

Marcelo mentioned awhile back they don't want to give away their playbook so I'm not surprised we haven't heard much.

NGN is happening, check out the NYC thread in the market section looks like they're getting it good

• Like 2

Add LA, Baltimore, Minneapolis of places that have confirmed small cells.

In the markets I follow (DC/Tampa), I haven't seen Clear B41 equipment swaps in mass. Any other markets noticing that work being done?

In the markets I follow (DC/Tampa), I haven't seen Clear B41 equipment swaps in mass. Any other markets noticing that work being done?

I'm hope Sprint will fast-track upgrades for Washington, DC, especially given the huge crowds expected for the Presidential inauguration in January 2017.

• Like 2

I'm hope Sprint will fast-track upgrades for Washington, DC, especially given the huge crowds expected for the Presidential inauguration in January 2017.

Yeah, that is what I don't get. It isn't permitting, many have been open and extended for nearly a year. I'd assume the ALU-Nokia merger wouldn't have impacted the supply chain this dramatically since there was an existing order....

• Like 1

Yeah, that is what I don't get. It isn't permitting, many have been open and extended for nearly a year. I'd assume the ALU-Nokia merger wouldn't have impacted the supply chain this dramatically since there was an existing order....

I guess COWs will be deployed in force to supplement.... Here's what Sprint did for the inauguration back in 2013.

Sprint Prepares its Network for 2013 Presidential Inauguration

Sprint has been aggressively preparing for the inauguration since April 2012 – boosting wireless voice capacity by 25 percent and increasing data capacity by 37 percent for numerous cell sites around the National Mall and downtown Washington, D.C.

Other Sprint preparations include:

• Deploying three Cell Sites on Wheels (COWs) at key locations near and around the National Mall – including the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – to further enhance the wireless experience of inauguration attendees.
  • Installing in-building repeaters at the Capital Hilton hotel, the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel, and The Mayflower Renaissance Washington DC Hotel to boost wireless coverage throughout these locations for hotel guests and the venues’ numerous inauguration events.

Hopefully Sprint puts this on the fast-track for January 2017.

• Like 4

Just in case whoever wanted to know.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I remember a while back Marcelo or Son stating they want to see Sprint back at $8 again. This last report seems to make people more confident in investing in Sprint and they might hit that number again.

• Like 3

I remember a while back Marcelo or Son stating they want to see Sprint back at $8 again. This last report seems to make people more confident in investing in Sprint and they might hit that number again.

Right now, whoever bought into the stock at $3 per share and looking at what had happened in the last 2 days alone. definitely hold out in a long term position. A whole bunch of shorters are losing there shirts right now. Some were betting that there would be a retraction back down to 5 per share today.

• Like 2

Claure contractually will be awarded $80 million if he gets Sprint's stock price to $8 before May 31, 2019.  It has to on average stay above $8 for a 150-day period.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-extends-claures-contract-until-2019-will-give-him-10m-shares-if-he-g/2015-08-12

IMHO, considering he gets five years to do it, the contract goal should have been at least $10 a share.

• Like 7

Claure contractually will be awarded $80 million if he gets Sprint's stock price to $8 before May 31, 2019.  It has to on average stay above $8 for a 150-day period.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-extends-claures-contract-until-2019-will-give-him-10m-shares-if-he-g/2015-08-12

IMHO, considering he gets five years to do it, the contract goal should have been at least $10 a share.

His contract was revised so he can get a big pay day if the company is successful.  If he can get Sprint to where it has not been in the past couple decades, then he deserves every penny.

The shorts are covering like crazy today.  60 million in trade volume today, up 6%. No way this is all from buy side, sell side is definitely covering. 

• Like 2

New Sprint commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50GPIm99Pg

Seeing Paul in Sprint commercials will never get old. I hope Sprint sticks with him for a long time.

News Release

Marcelo went through the Metrics of the original ad during the Call this morning, and the numbers/impressions are truly staggering. I'll pull them from the Transcript once it posts to Sprint's site.

Why have I not seen this one yet!? I love that one!

I get all giddy too for great commercials... it's also why marketing is one of my two majors.  ;)  

• Like 3

I know of two that have been upgraded to full Sprint sites in KC. But most of the Clear sites in KC were able to support 2xCA B41 so they're not in a rush to change them out yet. The two sites that were swapped out remained WiMax only.

• Like 1

I love coming into this thread after a couple days and returning to amazing news.

The stock price jump is wonderful, the positive blog posts and articles, the way Marcelo gets to toot his horn to his accomplishments and most importantly... the nay-sayers and haters are shut up!  :D

What a good day to be a Sprint user!

• Like 9

I love coming into this thread after a couple days and returning to amazing news.

The stock price jump is wonderful, the positive blog posts and articles, the way Marcelo gets to toot his horn to his accomplishments and most importantly... the nay-sayers and haters are shut up! :D

What a good day to be a Sprint user!

Finally!!!

• Like 2

And my experience keeps getting better.d1e9d35c84827db578f70eeacf1a39e2.jpg

Your notification tray would drive me crazy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Dr. John Saw (Sprint CTO) just dropped the news on the Sprint/Ericsson relationship going forward:

The Operational Side of Our Network Transformation

So Sprint is not renewing the contracts with Samsung and the other network vendors for just one is what I'm getting from that article?

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

So Sprint is not renewing the contracts with Samsung and the other network vendors for just one is what I'm getting from that article?

This has nothing to do with the other vendors, this is specific to Ericsson.

No, this has to do with network maintenance and other items, which Ericsson currently handles for the whole country. This does not reflect contracts with equipment vendors.