Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

From the Livestream: "Network Lease Co".... coming "soon"... when pressed, Tarek said a "few months"....

Tarek said the Q3 numbers look good, but wouldn't be any more descriptive than that.  I had to get off the stream early, did he mention anything about NGN?

Tarek said the Q3 numbers look good, but wouldn't be any more descriptive than that.  I had to get off the stream early, did he mention anything about NGN?

Nothing too specific. He was glad that people didn't see activity because Sprint has been trying to do this under the radar for the most part. He's basically said that the Engineering Team is working flat out and that a lot has been accomplished through software upgrades, which are cheap and done in clusters overnight. He said Sprint didn't have to spend a lot of money to accomplish a lot.

He also said that Mobile Leasing Co. (Handset) will do multiple transactions per year to ensure additional funding as necessary.

What's coming next is "Network Lease Co" apparently... in a few months.

• Like 1

John's reaction to any criticism is literally "Who's paying you?"  He's starting to sound more like Fabian as the day goes on.

Will we hear the classics buzz phrases of the month that he/she uses? And if he does lose it, will we hear them screaming at every opponent "Yeah, no. [sic] Troll along."? 

That would be hilarious.

• Like 3

Nothing too specific. He was glad that people didn't see activity because Sprint has been trying to do this under the radar for the most part. He's basically said that the Engineering Team is working flat out and that a lot has been accomplished through software upgrades, which are cheap and done in clusters overnight. He said Sprint didn't have to spend a lot of money to accomplish a lot.

He also said that Mobile Leasing Co. (Handset) will do multiple transactions per year to ensure additional funding as necessary.

What's coming next is "Network Lease Co" apparently... in a few months.

Arrgghhhh, I've been waiting two quarterly results and now this and we still haven't heard anything specific.  So vague, Sprint.  I'd rather see what's planned, even if some things are delayed. 

Missed the first part because a coworker was talking about work (who does that?)

-50% off promo, etc? extended because they are working

-Glimpse of Q4 results? None given. Immediately deferred to discussing costs cuts in the upcoming quarters and reduction of headcount

-Is this improving market share while lowering customer acquisition cost as a strategy? No, this is temporary and they are seeking revenue gain rather than pure market share

-Churn at Sprint is good right now

-Is this promo a way to get people in the stores and upsell or a genuine way to get people in the 50% off plan? Sprint will upsell whenever possible but it is a simple message that works.

-Is take rate of plan better than previous CYBIH promo? Promo is for only 12 months and Sprint has also increased unlimited plan prices at the same time

-$2.5 Billion cost cutting? 1 billion costs to the savings, Opex such as severance will be and is being addressed, everything is being discussed in costs cutting: roaming, subsidy, marketing costs, NASCAR branding, marketing dollars going local/regional. Network side of the business: Capex to sales ratio high before because IDEN/WIMAX/LTE so that will naturally go down with that simplification. Weekly meetings/gating mechanism for cost goals/stakeouts. This may end in elimination of people. But savings cant be done with just payroll cutting.

-Network plans densification/small cells/2.5 overlay timing and thoughts? Densification is deployed differently so it has a different impact on the network and how people perceive the change. Picking partners progressively and going to LTE only and combining everything to triband for cost reductions (yawn). Carrier Aggregation is another lever they have "pulled" as well as beamforming (double yawn) and these are software upgrades that can be done overnight to minimize disruption. Densification/femto/small cells but no details there. 

-misc talk about dropped calls and how much they suck. (I have one really long arm hair, yawn #3)

-Is this capital intensive? It is less about capex cost but about how the network is improving, capex is moving in the right direction 

-Network Lease Co status and does it delay some capital? No delay to network improvement. "Soon" "Matter of a few months"

-Handset Lease Co? Sprint spends $10 billion on handsets/year, $5 billion on capex but capex is a more lasting improvement, 8x better vs handset capital. Took time to explain risk (customer credit, asset risk) but now the structure is in place with residual value that is repeatable. Smaller tranches (orders) can be done so Sprint can do it quarterly to fund Sprint's needs.

-Liquidity where the balance sheet is to 12-24 months.. maturities/obligations? Diversifying funding services ..(work interrupted this answer) ...Crux of the matter is the cost takeout being important to overall liquidity

-If you needed more cash, cutting marketing? Sprint could if needed but right now doesn't need to. There is no panic in terms of cash or needing more cash. 1739 initiatives for cost stakeout right now.

-Cash positive timeline? Deferred to talking about cost cutting

-How much time is being spent tackling cost vs creating alliances or enhance competitive position? M&A requires improving operating performance and wont be in the cards until performance improves.

-Auction? 2x10 spectrum in 2021 vs deploying current network Sprint will deploy current. Band size matters more than frequency. You need 2x20 to really drive higher bandwidth rather than 2x10. By the time network deployed 600mhz wont be relevant to Sprint anymore.

-Handset question? Simple structure, can work with others besides Sprint.. Is just for certain handsets (IPHONES OBVIOUSLY)

-Sprint as a service company? leasing company doing 100% of handsets? No it is a balanced approach. Leasing is done to kill churn. 2.7 million handsets done and these handsets have a lot of residual value and partners are needed to maximize residual value. There is a true-up at the end and Sprint gets 100% of the upside. 

-Anything else? Sprint needs to demonstrate they can deliver cost cutting and must execute.

clapclapclapclapclapclap and back to peanuts soundtrack

• Like 12

clapclapclapclapclapclap and back to peanuts soundtrack

Vince Guaraldi.  "Linus and Lucy."

AJ

• Like 2

Apparently, a whole bunch of changes and promos are set for tomorrow morning:

For now, Sprint has finally confirmed that it will no longer offer a subsidized purchase option on handsets for New Customers, effective January 8th.

End of an era.

• Like 4

Where does it say new promos coming?

Nowhere in writing. But we do know that the iPhone Forever Trade-In Credit Offer is ending... so something else will have to replace that.

LOL  this is funny (would be funnier if it wasn't a serious issue) hope its not a repost (this does have new stuff though) 

#eff 

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/7/10733298/john-legere-binge-on-lie

"Who the f*** are you, anyway, EFF?" 

— T-Mobile's CEO

T-Mobile, who the f*** are you anyways? And where is your coverage outside of my town center, mall, and nearest city? And no, 2G in between doesn't count in 2016:P

(rhetorical)

• Like 4

iPhone Forever got an overhaul:

Link: http://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone-forever/index_p.html

18 Month Lease Term is the only option.

Now requires making 12 payments to upgrade. You can accelerate your payments to upgrade sooner.

For Current Customers: If you joined iPhone Forever before 1/8/16, you can upgrade to a new iPhone whenever it's released.

Now requires making 12 payments to upgrade.

For Current Customers: If you joined iPhone Forever before 1/8/16, you can upgrade to a new iPhone whenever it's released.

Makes sense. Gone are the $15/month promos (which cost carriers alot of money). My brother-in-law went to a Sprint store last night to get the iPhone Forever deal at $15/month...but he was told they required insurance for 90 days at $14/month, after 90 days he could cancel it. I know that insurance is NOT required, just a sales rep trying to get commission. But my brother-in-law just left and missed out.

Makes sense. Gone are the $15/month promos (which cost carriers alot of money). My brother-in-law went to a Sprint store last night to get the iPhone Forever deal at $15/month...but he was told they required insurance for 90 days at $14/month, after 90 days he could cancel it. I know that insurance is NOT required, just a sales rep trying to get commission. But my brother-in-law just left and missed out.

That's what's so sad to me with Sprint. Skeevy (yes, that's an official word ;) store reps are still ruining the customer experience.

• Like 3

Now requires making 12 payments to upgrade. You can accelerate your payments to upgrade sooner.

So, do you know if you signed up for iPhone Forever before (when it was $15 a month), when you upgrade (to iPhone 7), will you continue to pay the $15 a month and can upgrade again whenever the next iPhone (iPhone 7S) comes out?

So, do you know if you signed up for iPhone Forever before (when it was $15 a month), when you upgrade (to iPhone 7), will you continue to pay the $15 a month and can upgrade again whenever the next iPhone (iPhone 7S) comes out?

The $15 per month was always for the first phone. It would go to the regular $22 when you upgrade. Customers that signed up for iPhone Forever prior to 1/7 will get a new iPhone every time a new one is released.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Aw man... Hate hearing stuff like this.

• Like 3