Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

be3b77c9200abc63942b574f15e816be.jpg

Sprint DAS at CES today.. Pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I didn't speed test today, but was really pleased with the speedy service deep in the convention center. That's a first for me on Sprint in an area with so many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The 50% off offer is being extended another 30 days. I wonder how successful this promo has been...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/684810295802331136

Very successful, when I swapped back to Sprint from AT&T at the first of December I got at the Sprint store around 3PM it was quiet.  About thirty minutes into getting my lines ported back to Sprint it was like David Beckham and his posse came breaking in the door and they stayed slammed until closing time.  They were even accepting Cricket and GoPhone prepaid lines for the half off deal putting them in the AT&T boat. 

Sprint is making waves with this deal.   

• Like 4

Very successful, when I swapped back to Sprint from AT&T at the first of December I got at the Sprint store around 3PM it was quiet. About thirty minutes into getting my lines ported back to Sprint it was like David Beckham and his posse came breaking in the door and they stayed slammed until closing time. They were even accepting Cricket and GoPhone prepaid lines for the half off deal putting them in the AT&T boat.

Sprint is making waves with this deal.

Even my corporate Sprint store was packed and Sprint can barely load a web page in the area. I guess people care more about the savings than anything else.
  • Like 5

No, it's not correct. DSL reports has shotty reporting.

Shoddy reporting is dangerous.

But really watch out for "shotty" reporting.  That scattershot can hit you far and wide.

moeshotgun.gif

;)

AJ

• Like 12

Cat is out the bag on why Tmobile decided to share their updated number's early, I think they just wanted to rain on Sprint's party ahead of Tarek Robbiati's talk this afternoon.

Quote from the article..

"T-Mobile released the numbers ahead of presentations by some of its executives at an industry conference in Las Vegas. Sprint also may have grown during the quarter, and T-Mobile executives said as much during their presentations, according to one report. They said that gains were “coming primarily” from AT&T and Verizon and that they expect “Sprint to put up decent subscriber growth numbers” from the fourth quarter, said Jennifer Fritzsche, an analyst at Wells Fargo Securities, in her report to clients on the T-Mobile presentations."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article53322115.html#storylink=cpy

• Like 4

Gotta make sure Sprint doesn't get too much praise and over shadow T-Mobile.

• Like 3

I didn't speed test today, but was really pleased with the speedy service deep in the convention center. That's a first for me on Sprint in an area with so many people.

It seems that Sprint's investment in the DAS there was well worth it.

• Like 1

Cat is out the bag on why Tmobile decided to share their updated number's early, I think they just wanted to rain on Sprint's party ahead of Tarek Robbiati's talk this afternoon.

Quote from the article..

"T-Mobile released the numbers ahead of presentations by some of its executives at an industry conference in Las Vegas. Sprint also may have grown during the quarter, and T-Mobile executives said as much during their presentations, according to one report. They said that gains were “coming primarily” from AT&T and Verizon and that they expect “Sprint to put up decent subscriber growth numbers” from the fourth quarter, said Jennifer Fritzsche, an analyst at Wells Fargo Securities, in her report to clients on the T-Mobile presentations."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article53322115.html#storylink=cpy

It'll be interesting to hear what Tarek says today.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to hear what Tarek says today.

For those that are interested to listen in.  http://investors.sprint.com/news--investor-events/events/event-details/2016/Citi-2016-Internet-Media-and-Telecommunications-Conference/default.aspx

• Like 6

And just a word of caution. This is an investment bank sponsored forum moderated by an investment bank analyst. Sometimes good information comes out of these. Often it does not.

I don't think it'll be any different than Sprint's usual hosted Earnings Calls with analysts on the phone asking questions.

Lots of info seemed to come from the session with T-Mobile yesterday: Reddit Link

I don't think it'll be any different than Sprint's usual hosted Earnings Calls with analysts on the phone asking questions.

Lots of info seemed to come from the session with T-Mobile yesterday: Reddit Link

Sprint's currently at 58.6M customers, as of Q3 2015.  I wonder if they hit 60M by the end of 2015.  Some quarters, Sprint has pulled over 1M customers.  I wonder how well they did this time.  We may find that out today, but more than likely, it'll be announced at the next quarterly earnings call.

• Like 3

Hence the intent of my disclaimer. People get excited about the earning calls as well. The slight difference here over an earnings call is that in an earnings call an analyst typically gets to ask 1 or 2 questions at the most. Here one analyst gets to ask multiple questions and follow up, etc. Sometimes these situations lend themselves to equipment and deployment strategy updates, but often they do not. Given the importance of NGN, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come up. That said, I'd expect a lot more focus on cost-cutting measures and details on the leasing vehicles they've been setting up. 

• Like 1

LOL  this is funny (would be funnier if it wasn't a serious issue) hope its not a repost (this does have new stuff though) 

#eff 

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/7/10733298/john-legere-binge-on-lie

"Who the f*** are you, anyway, EFF?" 

— T-Mobile's CEO

John's reaction to any criticism is literally "Who's paying you?"  He's starting to sound more like Fabian as the day goes on.

• Like 6

John's reaction to any criticism is literally "Who's paying you?"  He's starting to sound more like Fabian as the day goes on.

That is why Fabian Cortez true identity is Christina Legere John"s daughter. See how that alias defend everything the master does. 

• Like 2