Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not to brag and put myself over in any way, but if I won the lottery, I would make sure this site would never need another donation.

Well, that's something I feel confident that would be a given/go without saying for the same group of established members honestly.

• Like 2

Just like we don't allow public use of content from behind our pay wall. How could be expect people to respect our content and then we in turn don't respect the protected content of others? We just can't do that. Thank you for understanding.

You guys are welcome to post links to WSJ articles. Many of our members have WSJ subscriptions. S4GRU used to have one too. But I have had to cancel ours to save money as our finances have been tighter this year.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 7

We have nothing against the WSJ. The only issue with their content is that it is behind a paywall (can be solved by the google workaround). In a case like this where there really isn't any original reporting going on; it would have probably been better to link to a Bloomberg or Reuters type article that tells the same thing in the open. The problem yesterday was the posting of two graphics from a WSJ article. That is a copyright issue and it would be an issue with any publication, arguably more so when it is behind a paywall.

I didnt mean to stir the pot. I was just being short to the point. I knew it was about copyright and so forth i believe wave had recently mentioned it. Again, didnt mean to stir the pot just didnt want to leave a long story about why. Sorry for the confusion

• Like 2

The irony is that one can easily get around the paywall with Google for both the WSJ links posted the last few days. Yet, we still have to follow the rules. It makes no sense but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Either way, because of Brightstar, I doubt that Marcelo's bank account will be hurting.

These guys must love money -- or the pursuit of money.

As I work in education, I make less than $50,000 per year.  But I have the time and money to do what I want to do -- such as research and write for S4GRU.  Even if I made 100 times my earnings, I do not think I would live my life that differently.  Maybe I would just buy every handset released, set up my own RF testing lab, and publish the results for free.

AJ

I do program management at an RF engineering company where we primarily work with radars (government contracts obviously). The RF test setup some of our end customers have is simply insane. Racks of $200k a pop test equipment with every option. I am confident I would never be able to make enough to replicate those setups in multiple lifetimes.

• Like 2

http://about.att.com/story/att_introduces_new_mobile_share_value_plan.html

AT&T is unveiling new plans, and they're only marginally better than what Verizon is offering.

300 MB for $20 (lol), 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50, all with $25 line charges. 15GB for $100, and a $15 line charge. 

Massive credits of $300 for DirecTV and UVerse customers who want to switch to AT&T, though. Yawn inducing on my end. 

• Like 8

http://about.att.com/story/att_introduces_new_mobile_share_value_plan.html

AT&T is unveiling new plans, and they're only marginally better than what Verizon is offering.

300 MB for $20 (lol), 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50, all with $25 line charges. 15GB for $100, and a $15 line charge. 

Massive credits of $300 for DirecTV and UVerse customers who want to switch to AT&T, though. Yawn inducing on my end. 

Not a bad price on the 15 and 20 gig buckets, though, in all honesty. Not competitive with Sprint, but better than AT&T's pricing in the past....even more so with my 22% corporate discount! lol

Not a bad price on the 15 and 20 gig buckets, though, in all honesty. Not competitive with Sprint, but better than AT&T's pricing in the past....even more so with my 22% corporate discount! lol

I'm paying $100 for 30GB on AT&T for the past year or so. It was a 15GB plan, but AT&T doubled the data in response to a Tmo Uncarrier initiative last year.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

And I'm paying $100 on 40 GB that Sprint gave me on there 20gb family share plan which has hot spot and tethering.

Man do I miss having Sprint as my daily service. ;)

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 2

I will admit, Verizon has some better pricing than AT&T on some data buckets. Like $120 for 20 GBs instead of $140 for the same amount.

Just make sure to remember, Verizon's across the board line charge is now $20. Praying that doesnt inspire S/T/ATT to do the same in the future

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On the announcement page for the new AT&T share plan, I'm trying to reconcile this statement:

"If a customer purchases a device on our installment payment plan, AT&T Next, or brings their own phone they will continue to receive a $25 per line discount for unlimited calling and texting on 15GB plans or higher. AT&T Next customers on other Mobile Share Value plans receive a $15 discount per month."

So if you sign up 3 lines for the 15GB plan and bring your own phones, would that mean:

$100 + (3 * $15) - (3 * $25) = $70

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Verizon is less expensive for their 20gb plan, which is $120 monthly, in contrast with AT&T's $140 monthly. Of course, there is the $5 monthly per line difference between the two with AT&T at $15 per line, while Verizon is $20 per line.

I expect there to be some sort of holiday promotions this year, likely 20gb for $100. I'm hoping that the monthly per line charges, at least on these higher gb plans will lessen to $10 per line. If anything, perhaps the per line charges will lessen during the holiday promotions.

On the announcement page for the new AT&T share plan, I'm trying to reconcile this statement:

"If a customer purchases a device on our installment payment plan, AT&T Next, or brings their own phone they will continue to receive a $25 per line discount for unlimited calling and texting on 15GB plans or higher. AT&T Next customers on other Mobile Share Value plans receive a $15 discount per month."

So if you sign up 3 lines for the 15GB plan and bring your own phones, would that mean:

$100 + (3 * $15) - (3 * $25) = $70

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

The access fee is 40 the 25 dollar credit gets you to 15

I never understood the reason for the access line charges.

• Like 2

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150813/carriers/att-trumps-t-mobile-verizon-and-sprint-in-purchasing-satisfaction-tag2

Sprint continued last place for "purchasing satisfaction". I'll be honest, I avoid local Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate owned) at ALL costs. They are absolutely horrible to deal with. They always have computer problems. It easily takes over an hour to upgrade your phone in store. Every time I walk in a Sprint store, they add insurance to my line without my permission. Buying on tele-sales or online is a much better experience.

• Like 8

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150813/carriers/att-trumps-t-mobile-verizon-and-sprint-in-purchasing-satisfaction-tag2

Sprint continued last place for "purchasing satisfaction". I'll be honest, I avoid local Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate owned) at ALL costs. They are absolutely horrible to deal with. They always have computer problems. It easily takes over an hour to upgrade your phone in store. Every time I walk in a Sprint store, they add insurance to my line without my permission. Buying on tele-sales or online is a much better experience.

Are these corporate, resellers, or SprintShacks?

I'll be honest, I avoid local Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate owned) at ALL costs. They are absolutely horrible to deal with. They always have computer problems. It easily takes over an hour to upgrade your phone in store. Every time I walk in a Sprint store, they add insurance to my line without my permission. Buying on tele-sales or online is a much better experience.

I'll be honest, as an employee of an "Authorized Retailer" I always take offense when people make this argument. I have been here since Nextel (remember the $30 phone swaps?) and I have always strived to provide the best experience available in my market. 

I'm not trying to down play your experiences, just wanted to speak up for all the reps out there that actually give a s*** about you.

• Like 12

I'll be honest, as an employee of an "Authorized Retailer" I always take offense when people make this argument. I have been here since Nextel (remember the $30 phone swaps?) and I have always strived to provide the best experience available in my market.

I'm not trying to down play your experiences, just wanted to speak up for all the reps out there that actually give a s*** about you.

As a former manager of a Preferred Retailer I have to agree. Happy customers are repeat customers. I went out of my way to make it the best experience for my customers. Saying all Sprint stores suck is about as accurate as saying the Sprint network sucks. Broad statements are generally not accurate.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• Like 8

I never understood the reason for the access line charges.

Yeah....it like selling me a can of food, but changing me extra to open it so I can eat it. I like the concept promotion they have now for new customers.   $100.00 for 4 lines (with 10 gigs I think) with no access charge, then $15 for each phone after that (up to 10 phones).   I was actually considering that plan, but I'm not a new customer.