mrknowitall526    304

I just restored it. I'm still not sure if it's working ... still says 1X instead of 800.

Before I restored it though I backed everything up on HTC Sync and then restored from that - maybe that was a mistake.

Is there a different way to do a factory reset aside from the "Backup and Reset" option in settings?? Would it do anything different? I'm afraid I broke the tri-band ness of my phone!! ????????????

travismheim    592

Is there a different way to do a factory reset aside from the "Backup and Reset" option in settings?? Would it do anything different? I'm afraid I broke the tri-band ness of my phone!! ????????????

Download the RUU for the phone and flash it.

travismheim    592

Will that fix this problem?

Without knowing exactly what you did I can't say for sure. But if its software related that's the best you can do as far as reverting back to stock. Its like flashing the factory image on a nexus device.

mrknowitall526    304

Without knowing exactly what you did I can't say for sure. But if its software related that's the best you can do as far as reverting back to stock. Its like flashing the factory image on a nexus device.

I messed around with the band select menu in the 4636 hidden testing menu... Now I don't seem to get 1x800 and my LTE priority space is blank.

travismheim    592

I messed around with the band select menu in the 4636 hidden testing menu... Now I don't seem to get 1x800 and my LTE priority space is blank.

When I try to launch the band selection on my nexus it crashes so I can't see exactly what that was. I vaguely remember using that on my evo LTE to force the phone on secondary 800 but I do remember being able to change the setting back to stock with no issue. I would try the RUU if I were in your shoes, just keep in mind it will wipe everything including data on the phone.

mrknowitall526    304

When I try to launch the band selection on my nexus it crashes so I can't see exactly what that was. I vaguely remember using that on my evo LTE to force the phone on secondary 800 but I do remember being able to change the setting back to stock with no issue. I would try the RUU if I were in your shoes, just keep in mind it will wipe everything including data on the phone.

I already did an HTC Backup so I'm fine with that. Although if that is backed up that is part of the problem. But I can live with that if it's fixed!

travismheim    592

I already did an HTC Backup so I'm fine with that. Although if that is backed up that is part of the problem. But I can live with that if it's fixed!

Its been a while since I've used the back up utility in HTC sync but I doubt it backs that up. Glancing through HTCs website I couldn't find where they have the updates listed but it looks like it has been changed a lot since I last used a HTC phone. You may want to try contacting their customer service to download it, or grab it from XDA if you are comfortable with that.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

themuffinman    2,592

Reset your phone using ##786# code, you will also need your msl to complete the process.  

mrknowitall526    304

Reset your phone using ##786# code, you will also need your msl to complete the process.

I did that. I still thought all hope was lost because I wasn't connecting to 1x800 where I normally have been, but I just walked around the building at work and it switched from B25 to B26 seamlessly back and forth. So I guess it's not bricked!

I wonder if a recent PRL update changed the 1x800 status? I figured we were done with stuff like that. that's the only thing I can think of, because my EVO LTE still picks up 1x800 at home where this wasn't.

mrknowitall526    304

The only place online I could find the RUU didn't unzip once I downloaded it. Is there really no other way to fix this problem?! It only seems to affect voice.

travismheim    592

The only place online I could find the RUU didn't unzip once I downloaded it. Is there really no other way to fix this problem?! It only seems to affect voice.

You could try going to a Sprint service and repair store and ask them to re load the software on your phone.

mrknowitall526    304

You could try going to a Sprint service and repair store and ask them to re load the software on your phone.

Wonder why this only seems to affect voice and not LTE?

travismheim    592

Wonder why this only seems to affect voice and not LTE?

The band selection in that menu is probably only for CDMA, which would make sense why you aren't able to connect to pcs and smr at the same time.

mrknowitall526    304

The band selection in that menu is probably only for CDMA, which would make sense why you aren't able to connect to pcs and smr at the same time.

...now all of a sudden I just went into the regular settings page and changed from LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only and back again and now it's working fine .... Who knows what I did but glad!!!
  • Like 1

mrknowitall526    304

I just got a dot view case I ordered from Amazon for about $11. It doesn't work! Although for that price I wasn't expecting a whole lot!

mrknowitall526    304

I finally got the software update tonight. Not sure what's supposed to be different

BlueAngel    781

So my Sister and Brother in law just switched to Sprint to from AT&T, he got a Nexus 6 and she got a HTC One E8. His phone is perfect everything works as it should but she came home and she is getting a "4g services are unavailable as the sim/uicc is invalid". When that happens the LTE turns off and she is stuck on 3G, popping the sim out and back in works temporarily but it's not a solution. She called Sprint and they did their thing and still nothing they said go back to the store. Is this a common problem with HTC phones? Any help would be appreciated in this manner.

Edited by BlueAngel

9690austin    48

I haven't ever had an issue with my HTC devices. Has Sprint tried giving a new Sim card or tried giving a new phone if the issue continued. Has she did a profile update as that may help because when I first got my One Max it wanted me to do a PRL and Profile update before it could be used on 4g. 

BlueAngel    781

We did everything but replace the Sim, going to do that tomorrow.

TaiKing    72

Have you tried dialing ##72786#? I think that code should work for the E8, it resets the connection settings and reruns the activation in case something went wrong during the initial setup.

BlueAngel    781

Have you tried dialing ##72786#? I think that code should work for the E8, it resets the connection settings and reruns the activation in case something went wrong during the initial setup.

Yeah did that and pretty much everything else sadly.

S4GRU    54,604

I've had SIM card issues before on Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. You have to swap the SIM card and usually the problem goes away.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

BlueAngel    781

I've had SIM card issues before on Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. You have to swap the SIM card and usually the problem goes away.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I figured, I'll report back with an update.

• Like 1

mrknowitall526    304

Finally got Lollipop today! Really posses me off that it was more than 3 months after the M8, especially since it is the same phone inside.

So far I'm loving it, but testing notifications are weird. using stock messenger app. I thought the text would appear at the top of the screen, but it doesn't. Just the icon in the status bar. Setting I can change somewhere?