Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I've been rocking the Note 3 as my primary device for almost a year now. Can't wait for the Note 4! I won't have to carry around a GS5 or N5 with me anymore!  :tu:

The only thing I hate about the triband phones are interrupted internet sessions when calls come through. :td: Patiently waiting for a native VoLTE solution from Sprint.

I so much wanted the Note 3 but with it not being tri-band I had to settle on the Mega. I'm so looking forward to the Galaxy Note 4. 

Speaking of Galaxy, I feel that Samsung should just make 3 versions of the S Series and 3 versions of the Note series and nothing else in its phone line up.

Something like this...

GalaxySizes.png

Since most phone bezels keep getting smaller with each generation, I feel it should just be those sizes. Seems that there is basically a 06" difference between screen sizes for phones and 0.7" difference for tablets.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  :D

btw, does anyone know if the Samsung Note 4 unveiling will be broadcast?

TS

Probably better to refer to it as the GN4. The N4 is the common expression for the Nexus 4.

Robert

note 4 Gnu 4 B)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At this time you better wait for 805s and two carrier aggregation devices. Gn4 is most likely one of the first devices.

I really don't think I need carrier aggregation. Fast enough to watch YouTube is all I need on the high end. I am a bit concerned that CA will hurt battery life more than its worth. Better minimum transfer speed is more important to me. 3-4 Mbps where I can't get 1 now would be great.

I really don't think I need carrier aggregation. Fast enough to watch YouTube is all I need on the high end. I am a bit concerned that CA will hurt battery life more than its worth. Better minimum transfer speed is more important to me. 3-4 Mbps where I can't get 1 now would be great.

If you have a super weak B41 signal, you will get three times the speed. So if the B41 is running 2-5Mbps with a weak signal, CA on three carriers could run 6-15Mbps.

That in itself may be enough to run YouTube well over the single carrier B41, whereas being shunted to an overburdened B25 carrier may be far worse. CA will not just drag your battery down because it's there. It only is pulling extra battery when you are actively using data, and extra bandwidth is required. And it gets tasks done faster, using less battery draw time.

CA will use a little more. All the flagship AT&T devices have CA now. People aren't really noticing much difference.

Check you battery stats currently. The radio is not even close to the biggest user of your battery. Screen is by far the largest culprit. Even if CA doubled your cell radio battery usage, it wouldn't a take a whole lot of life off your battery. And CA uses no extra during standby or inactive sessions.

For most people it would likely increase your battery draw for your Cell Radio by 25%. So if it is currently using 10% of your battery in a full cycle depletion, now it will be 12.5%. Not a big deal, really.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks for the info Robert. I am in a unique spot on here I work. I work within a quarter mile of a completed NV site with active B25 LTE but inside the metal building and in my RF cage where I repair pagers all day I get a very marginal signal. It really drains the battery pretty fast. 4 hours and my N5 is dead. I have a QI charger now so its not a big deal anymore I guess. Just checked SCP shows -117 on 1900 MHz LTE is where its camping now with nothing pulling data.

btw, does anyone know if the Samsung Note 4 unveiling will be broadcast?

TS

In the company's latest Note 4 teaser, Samsung confirmed that it will be live streaming the event at www.youtube.com/samsungmobile at 15:00 CEST.

Source (at end of video): http://youtu.be/eJ3YzMospW8

• Like 2

I so much wanted the Note 3 but with it not being tri-band I had to settle on the Mega. I'm so looking forward to the Galaxy Note 4. 

TS

Same here, though in my case, I left Samsung for the G3. I am liking it so much that I will probably pass on the Note 4. Still, I am really looking forward to the Note 4. It will be awfully hard to resist once I see it at my local Sprint store...  ;)

• Like 1

I'll very likely get the Note 4.  I have to admit that I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have the water resistance feature of the S5.  I know it will be more difficult to achieve that with the pen slot.

Not sure I would choose the S5 over it though.  No one seems to rave about RF performance of that phone.

CAT 6 LTE.

Nothing about water resistance..  grrrrrrr :(

I'd prefer to see a better, more shatter proof screen than water resistance.

My wife dropped her GS5 one time, and the screen shattered big time. Dropped prior phones multiple times without shattering.

I'd prefer to see a better, more shatter proof screen than water resistance.

My wife dropped her GS5 one time, and the screen shattered big time. Dropped prior phones multiple times without shattering.

Otterbox
  • Like 1

no thanks.

Hate paying high dollar for a premium, sleek phone and then adding a huge, ugly bulky case to it.

That is true (Used to love it being naked without a case) until that one day when it slips and falls and shatters. Lesson learned. Besides whats a few more millimeters of case protection love handles to a huge phone anyway. lol

maybe its me, but I really am disliking that female presenter.

That is true (Used to love it being naked without a case) until that one day when it slips and falls and shatters. Lesson learned. Besides whats a few more millimeters of case protection love handles to a huge phone anyway. lol

I don't mind the minimal design cases, but they also protect minimally, lol.

The otterboxes and others like them aren't quite adding just millimeters.

• Like 1