Galaxy S3...the phone that wont die and now with triband.

Rocket87

Theyre-back.png

AJ

• Like 13

Perhaps they made other improvements?  or just upped them to triband?

Perhaps they made other improvements? or just upped them to triband?

Maybe a slight difference in RF performance, but the specs are exactly the same as the non tri-band edition.
  • Like 1

My first thought was "oh my God, those Samsung folks are NUTS!!"   But then, really, there are a lot of people (like my elderly mother) who could use a relatively inexpensive, yet rather capable, smartphone.  And as this would be her first smartphone, we wouldn't want to jump head first into the high end pool, especially when she barely even understands what an "app" is to begin with.  For people like her, this could possibly find a niche home.

• Like 1

I still have mine and it is over 2 years old and running strong on Kit Kat. I use it for podcast and one handed operation at work and my Note 3 for web browsing videos and everything else. Does anyone have an opinion on what tri-band phone has the best RF performance besides the Nexus 5 that is good for one handed use ?

• Like 1

My G2 and Nexus were really good RF wise, but my G3 seems to transition between 3G/B26/B25 and stay connected to LTE much better. I got decently big hands so the G3 is pretty easy one handed. The G3 also has WiFi calling.

The S3 will be a decent midrange device with Tri-band

I really like the way the s3 feels in my hand, and the way it looks.. The s4 and s5 aren't near as nice or beautiful in my opinion.

I'm glad it got a triband version. [emoji3]

Edited by jgore43
  • Like 2

I still have mine and it is over 2 years old and running strong on Kit Kat. I use it for podcast and one handed operation at work and my Note 3 for web browsing videos and everything else. Does anyone have an opinion on what tri-band phone has the best RF performance besides the Nexus 5 that is good for one handed use ?

Galaxy S4T is the best RF device I've ever used.

I really like the way the s3 feels in my hand, and the way it looks.. The s4 and s5 aren't near as nice or beautiful in my opinion.

I'm glad it got a triband version. [emoji3]

Does it say Spark or have anything different on the battery cover? Do you have the spinning Wal-Mart logo for LTE? thx

I think it's a great idea to have a midtier device that supports all three bands. Gets an inexpensive handset into the hands of anyone looking to sign on, with relatively low monthly installment costs.