Galaxy Alpha

JThorson

There is a rumor that Samsung is going to announce/release its new high-end flagship phone named the Galaxy Alpha. It is supposedly a mix between the GS5 and Note line. This smartphone "will sport a metal chassis and come with several additional features to make it feel higher-end." (Cnet)

I'm sorry, I can't get a link up right now.

I am starting to dislike samsung more and more as each day goes by, they will be the cause their own demise.  

• Like 3

Meh, I will wait for the Samsung Galaxy Street Fighter Alpha 2.

AJ

• Like 4

While I have never been a big fan of Samsung, I am interested in this phone. I am due for a new phone in September and from what I have read so far it seems like it would be a good phone to get. I am guessing screen size is between a 5"-5.3" and we could dream maybe OLED? haha. Qualcomm 810 snapdragon quad core processor with at least 2GB or RAM.

Meh, I will wait for the Samsung Galaxy Street Fighter Alpha 2.

AJ

I am waiting for the FU edition myself.

• Like 2

I'm so done with Samsung. Ironically typed on a Samsung device...

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Haha, it seems like half of my electronics are Samsung and it wasn't that I was necessarily trying to have any loyalty to the brand, just that those where the best options when each of my previous electronics died.... and I got some killer deals when I worked for best buy, lol.  I have a 46" smart tv, NX300 camera, ultrabook laptop, GS4, microwave, headphones, memory cards, cables, and so many other little accessories... Most of the stuff I have been happy with, the phone I have been disappointed with for a while.  It is a step backwards in overall fluidity of operation compared to HTC, and the camera is blurry and takes too long to get great shots with.   I miss my Evo LTE because the camera blew this one away (even though samsung has some neat extra settings) I look back at all the pictures I took, and they are less blurry, better exposed and overall less noise than my current GS4.  This is the reason I bought a damn camera, the phone was not an option in some instances... and btw, I recommend the NX300 to anyone, lol.  

I was planning on getting a G3, and skipping out on sammy this round, mainly because HTC has that stupid ultra pixel camera... but this 'Alpha/F/Prime" phone sounds interesting from all the leaks on phonearena, I might try and wait to see if it is worth the hype.  I am kinda worried about samsung making a phone without a removable battery, and there has been no talk about if there will be a SD card slot.  But from the pictures, it looks like they will have the bezels of an LG, body of an HTC and style of a samsung... which might or might not be your cup of tea.  

I have heard that the new Snapdragon 805 processor is something like 40% more powerful and 20% more battery efficient than the 800.  This might be necessary if it is going to have a quad hd display AND run touch wiz!  Overall, I am tired of samsung adding features that are marginally useful, slow down the system, and only work with other samsung apps or products.  

This would have to really WOW me, but I think they are trying to pull out the stops... lets see if they do.  

I'm generally an LG guy (2 tv's, fridge, washer/dryer) and quite honestly I don't own a single piece of Samsung electronics. I'm contract free right now and really thought my next phone would be the g3 but I have yet to pull the trigger. After hearing about a 6mm thin metal cased phone I'm seriously considering waiting for this. I know big is all the rage but sometimes I really find myself wanting a more pocketable phone. But I don't want to sacrifice performance and I'm not willing to go to the dark side (apple). So this may actually be my next phone if it truely has the specs I'm hearing about.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...