Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

:angry::angry::angry::angry::wall::wall::wall:

Tried redeeming my code and it says its already been redeemed!

The system is either not functional yet, or it's swamped. Is the redemption code through the Mac App Store?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The system is either not functional yet, or it's swamped. Is the redemption code through the Mac App Store?

I went through the public beta link online.  It appears they just took it offline though. Probably generating new codes. I read somewhere on another forum that the downloads were aborted so that would make sense on why the codes are not working.

I went through the public beta link online. It appears they just took it offline though. Probably generating new codes. I read somewhere on another forum that the downloads were aborted so that would make sense on why the codes are not working.

Ah, ok.

Ah, ok.

Apparently it was happening to a lot of people. As long as I can still get Yosemite, I can wait. Probably would take a thousand years anyways with all the people trying to download it.

Apparently it was happening to a lot of people. As long as I can still get Yosemite, I can wait. Probably would take a thousand years anyways with all the people trying to download it.

I'm traveling today, so I won't be able to download until tonight. I'm glad I still have my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro to test it on.

• Like 1

Excited to get into the Beta, but I think I'm going to wait a bit to get it installed and let everyone else be the early guinea pigs. :)

As an aside -- if Apple releases that 12" Retina MacBook Air, I may never want to own another computer. I'd imagine that the battery would be about 10-11 hours (guessing b/c the 11" Air is 9hrs, 13" Air is 12hrs), and those retina displays are downright awesome (as I'm currently typing this on my Retina 15" MBP).

My kids are getting to be school-aged, so I also hope to see a 4K monitor/Retina iMac soon. :)

It's working now!!!  Currently downloading yosemite.

I would also love to have a retina screen. My next mac will definitely be one with a retina screen. And ill use that for a long time. This one is going on 4 years old now. Still as fast as it was the day I bought it...Actually it's faster thanks to my SSD upgrade and ram upgrade.

• Like 2

It's working now!!! Currently downloading yosemite.

I would also love to have a retina screen. My next mac will definitely be one with a retina screen. And ill use that for a long time. This one is going on 4 years old now. Still as fast as it was the day I bought it...Actually it's faster thanks to my SSD upgrade and ram upgrade.

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro? 13, 15, or 17 inch?

Oops. Meant 3 years then. Early 2011 13 MBP with the i5. And Yosemite is awesome.

Did you get the 16GB RAM upgrade?

Did you get the 16GB RAM upgrade?

Nah I didn't see the need to get 16gb. I just installed 8b that I got from crucial. And then 16gb was actually pretty expensive and not worth it to me.

Nah I didn't see the need to get 16gb. I just installed 8b that I got from crucial. And then 16gb was actually pretty expensive and not worth it to me.

Crucial is now selling 16GB for that same model year for $160. I got a friend to finally replace her Mid-2007 with an Early 2011 15" anti-glare. She decided she's only going to buy 1 8GB stick, and keep 1 of the 2GB's in for the time being until RAM goes cheaper.

Crucial is now selling 16GB for that same model year for $160. I got a friend to finally replace her Mid-2007 with an Early 2011 15" anti-glare. She decided she's only going to buy 1 8GB stick, and keep 1 of the 2GB's in for the time being until RAM goes cheaper.

It's funny because their SSD is cheaper and that will do a lot more for the average user than RAM will. 

Yosemite is running great. It's slightly laggy, but that is to be expected and is obviously part of being on beta. Spotlight is not showing search results from the internet, or movies and stuff like that. Computer appears to be dying quicker than usual but I can attribute that to beta. Overall, very usable. Good thing too because this is my DD. Loving the new interface. Safari is so nice without all the clutter..even though safari was relatively clutter free before. Looking forward to iOS 8 so I can try continuity and handoff.

It's funny because their SSD is cheaper and that will do a lot more for the average user than RAM will.

Yosemite is running great. It's slightly laggy, but that is to be expected and is obviously part of being on beta. Spotlight is not showing search results from the internet, or movies and stuff like that. Computer appears to be dying quicker than usual but I can attribute that to beta. Overall, very usable. Good thing too because this is my DD. Loving the new interface. Safari is so nice without all the clutter..even though safari was relatively clutter free before. Looking forward to iOS 8 so I can try continuity and handoff.

I'm looking forward to iOS 8 as well. And of course I'm looking forward to Yosemite as well when I get home tonight.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My thoughts on iOS 8 Beta 5: MUCH more stable than beta 4. Still kinda buggy, but it's much more usuable. That's pretty much the only thing I have to say about it. I can answer any questions if anyone has any.

-Anthony

• Like 2

My thoughts on iOS 8 Beta 5: MUCH more stable than beta 4. Still kinda buggy, but it's much more usuable. That's pretty much the only thing I have to say about it. I can answer any questions if anyone has any.

-Anthony

What all is buggy about it? I just got a 5s on trade and want to try iOS 8 but don't want to ruin the phone until the final version comes out.

What all is buggy about it? I just got a 5s on trade and want to try iOS 8 but don't want to ruin the phone until the final version comes out.

Some things don't work like they should. For example, I tried adding a number to an existing contact through the messages app and it would let me add it, but wouldn't let me confirm the changes I made to the contact. Also there are small things were you will read a message in the messages app and you will go back to the main messages screen, but it will still show the message as unread. There are a few other things, too, but I can't think off them off the top of my head.

My advice: If you want to give the beta a try, back up your phone and update to it. Try it out for a couple days, and see if it is stable enough for you. If not, restore back to iOS 7 and use your backup, no harm no foul. I use it on my daily driver, which is an iPhone 5S also, and I'm able to use it without much frustration. So by all means, go ahead and give it a shot. But make sure you have your UDID registered first or you risk your device not registering with Apple's servers. 

-Anthony

I couldn't leave well enough alone so I installed beta 4 since it's all I could find. I gotta say I'm starting to like iPhone more and more than I ever used to.

I'm sort of excited to see what the 6 is capable of after having its new software on the 5s.

• Like 1

I couldn't leave well enough alone so I installed beta 4 since it's all I could find. I gotta say I'm starting to like iPhone more and more than I ever used to.

I'm sort of excited to see what the 6 is capable of after having its new software on the 5s.

You can update to beta 5 OTA.

-Anthony