LuisBOSS302

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/6173/20140426/first-image-lg-g3-redesigned-rear-buttons-leak.htm

I am thinking a June announce with a July release.

I am talking my wife into taking my G2, then I will procure her upgrade and get a G3 for me. :)

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

• Like 1

I wonder if the 3k mAH battery is removeable...as the notes behind it on that pad state?

Got my wife the S5, after my daughter made her HTC One take a swim...

I think she may have grabbed it fast enough to not harm it too much, but the screen was still flickering a little when I put it in rice last night, less than 5 minutes after it went swimming. Probably wasn't immersed but +/- 2 seconds...and it was also nearly dead when it happened...so just after putting it in rice, it went off on its own. Rushing to Sprint store at 6:30p when they close at 8p to try and get her a phone...then had to take it to her at work....without her knowing she was getting it. She thought i was bringing her HTC to her, and had no clue until I handed it to her.

I'm holding out though, even with all the fancies I saw on the S5, it doesn't have enough for me to jump from my G2 to something else. I didn't see much at the Sprint store last night that really caught my eye, aside from the Flex...but, with the exact same specs as the G2 and just a bent screen, it's not worth me upgrading yet.

I have a 2 year coming on 8/1, so I'm thinking I may hold out until then and see what we got going on in the phone world...by then, G3 should be out, maybe the  One+1 or whatever it is.

Worldwide announcement for the G3 starts up 2 weeks from today.

Who will be picking up one of these bad boys? I know I will be.

Mav. :ninja:

Not me... It looks nice and all but with G2 in hand, it's not enough of an upgrade. Now if I didn't have G2, I'd get G3 for sure.

I'm hoping they do away with the silly hboot/loki bs and offer an unlock option like we have with HTC. That would be a great step to opening the gates to the dev community.

My next device prerequisite is SD810 and I usually don't keep a device for more than 12m. The G2 is changing that for me. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I will to if its gonna be unlockable for domestic use and hopefully have a little bit better radios in itas far as rf pperformance. And I hope the hidden menu and stuff like that comes back to. Wonder if this phone will have b12 for roaming or have any additional lte band support?

I will to if its gonna be unlockable for domestic use and hopefully have a little bit better radios in itas far as rf pperformance. And I hope the hidden menu and stuff like that comes back to. Wonder if this phone will have b12 for roaming or have any additional lte band support?

We'll find out May 27th. :-)

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I have been seeing a couple of G3 cases listed on Amazon but the available dates are rather far away.

Saw a case with an "In Stock" date of June 30th and one saying July 6th.

Hope the release of the actual phone itself is not going to be that far away, but as stated, we will find out on the 27th.  :)

Mav.  :ninja:

For some reason, your link didn't work for me but this did. Either way, the device does look pretty cool. I'm still not too big on the big screen (ba-dum tss), but I am looking forward to what this device brings to the table. From the leaked images of the ui, they cleaned it up a bit and made it less Samsung-y. 

I just hope they don't throw tons of features at the phone like Samsung tried to do, because that could spell disaster. It should be quality over quantity.

Personally, I see this device as trying to compete with the Note series and the Galaxy S series at the same time. That could go really well for them, or really bad.

Linked worked ok here and I like what I found when I followed it. :)

It looks very very nice. Should not only be a solid performer and hopefully gets more people to the LG fold.  I just hope they fully embrace the dev community and get the unlocking process officialized. That would be absolutely amazing and go even further to create advocates for the brand. 

Looks like two different color led flashs.. Or is it a hear raye monitor? Referring to the right hand side only.. Left is suppose to be the infrared remote

With no word on the release of the G Pro 2, this device looks like it will be FINALLY replacing my Evo4GLTE. I must have an extremely large screen.

LG really must get on board with being developer friendly. Samsung seemingly has taken a step back from this with Knox.

For the overwhelmingly large percentage of smartphone owners, android development doesn't make much of an impact. But for this fiscally conservative android enthusiast, development support is critical.

Another concern/thought is that Sprint released the G2 in..October/November? Would a June/July release be too early for Sprint? I hope not, but something to consider.

• Like 1

With no word on the release of the G Pro 2, this device looks like it will be FINALLY replacing my Evo4GLTE. I must have an extremely large screen.

LG really must get on board with being developer friendly. Samsung seemingly has taken a step back from this with Knox.

For the overwhelmingly large percentage of smartphone owners, android development doesn't make much of an impact. But for this fiscally conservative android enthusiast, development support is critical.

Another concern/thought is that Sprint released the G2 in..October/November? Would a June/July release be too early for Sprint? I hope not, but something to consider.

I think the delay was due to it being Sprint's first capable Triband device. Sprints G3 will likely launch with the rest of the variants.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

Looks like a laser auto focus for camera on back..had an old Sony camera that had this

LG how did you know, I had one simple request. And that is to have a phone with frickin' laser beams attached to the back!