FreedomPop Freedom Spot Photon Platinum on sale for $20, free shipping

sbolen

I got an email this afternoon about the FreedomPop Freedom Spot Photon Platinum hotspot on sale for $19.99 with Free Shipping. I'm curious if anyone knows/has heard what LTE bands this device is running on?

If it's anything like the MiFi 500, I'll sell my MiFi, pay my ETF with Sprint, and just casually use the FreedomPop instead.

Thanks!

I got an email this afternoon about the FreedomPop Freedom Spot Photon Platinum hotspot on sale for $19.99 with Free Shipping. I'm curious if anyone knows/has heard what LTE bands this device is running on?

If it's anything like the MiFi 500, I'll sell my MiFi, pay my ETF with Sprint, and just casually use the FreedomPop instead.

Thanks!

These offers are for the Wimax equipment only and you still have to pay $149 for the LTE hotspot.

These offers are for the Wimax equipment only and you still have to pay $149 for the LTE hotspot.

Yikes. Glad I have my triband MiFi.

Blah. Just clearing out old inventory then. They won't do this, but the products ought to carry a warning about WiMax's shutdown next year. The lack of BYOD for the triband MiFi is also a real bummer.

Blah. Just clearing out old inventory then. They won't do this, but the products ought to carry a warning about WiMax's shutdown next year. The lack of BYOD for the triband MiFi is also a real bummer.

I wish I could BYOD with the MiFi. I snagged the Free MiFi when that deal was going on, but can't get on a data plan with less than 3GB/mo.

I wish I could BYOD with the MiFi. I snagged the Free MiFi when that deal was going on, but can't get on a data plan with less than 3GB/mo.

It shouldn't be a big issue but I know that FreedomPOP uses a modified firmware. Not sure what was changed besides graphic elements but there is always something. I guess they get the devices so cheap that they could give them away because I am sure the $19.99 covers s/h and device just fine. Clear had plenty left before they stopped selling them.