HTC One M8 (Prime)

transitwatch889

So the official complete render as per ev leaks has been leaked http://androidandme.com/2014/05/news/htc-m8-prime-m8-ace-image-leaks-show-backsides-of-unannounced-phones/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=htc-m8-prime-m8-ace-image-leaks-show-backsides-of-unannounced-phones

Looks not like what I anticipated I really hope that is an early design and color scheme.

Copy and pasted from androidcentral.com

These leaks come courtesy of none other than @evleaks, and considering that the came out in a spat with Jeff Gordon (HTC's Senior Global Online Communications Manager, not the race car driver), they should be taken with a bit of a skeptical eye. It's also worth considering that, like the Galaxy S5 Prime, we don't expect that any One M8 Prime device would be a replacement for the One M8. Think of it more as a next generation HTC One Max. So on to the leaks:

Quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor

3GB RAM

5.5" 1440x2560 QHD display

Cat. 6 LTE

Waterproof design

Those specs, while open to change, would be in line with what we might expect from a phone like this, and they line up with an earlier leak out of China. There's one more leak, and this one we're strapping on our skeptic helmets: it's made out of "a composite of aluminum and liquid silicone."http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8-prime-rumored-exotic-material-composition-faster-lte

• Like 1

Edited topic title as it's referred to as HTC M8 Prime and the second device is referred to as HTC M8 Ace.

Edit: Title reverted.

for some reason they are the only online outlet referring to it as the m8 prime but it has been said to be part of the HTC one line series. I didn't post about the ace as it doesn't appear to be likely for sprint. The prime may be the 2014 one max....

Edited topic title as it's referred to as HTC M8 Prime and the second device is referred to as HTC M8 Ace.

for some reason they are the only online outlet referring to it as the m8 prime but it has been said to be part of the HTC one line series. I didn't post about the ace as it doesn't appear to be likely for sprint. The prime may be the 2014 one max....

Sorry about that.

Looks like the EVO 4G LTE. Either way, my M8 might end up for sale and I might switch to this device. However, if full body leaks are coming out this early on, one could wonder if HTC is planning a another Day One launch and pretty soon.

Its the vertical speaker grills that really kill it for me. It makes me feel very strongly negatively about them. But the specs are great rumor wise so far. Which hurts my position on how I feel about the device. I don't know any phone that has vertical speaker slits. This is different hence why it stands out too me I think so much.

Any info on battery? So far I like, my M8 might be sold or a back up phone. I'm thinking the main camera is going to be bumped up a bit, just a guess.

Sent from my HTC One M8

no rumors on battery as of yet but less than 3300mah would not be accepted!

Well my M8 gets me trough the day with avg use and about 2:30 hour screen on time, my max is even better. So I'm thinking if they go with a 3500mah plus the Sense/ snapdragon killer efficiency it will be a beast.

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1

I think it's hideous. The m8 is so much nicer.

Its definitely hideous for sure, but you can't argue with those specs. I think the only things that will make me purchase this is if it has a killer camera or killer rf performance but other than that I think I will pass.  My n5/m8 combo is working out just fine for me.

Well my M8 gets me trough the day with avg use and about 2:30 hour screen on time, my max is even better. So I'm thinking if they go with a 3500mah plus the Sense/ snapdragon killer efficiency it will be a beast.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I don't know, overall the device will be considerably smaller than the One Max,  I honestly don't see them cramming a larger battery into a smaller chassis so my guess would be a 3000mah battery and with how efficient these new chips are I am sure it will have the same if not better battery life than the One Max.

• Like 2

Just

Evleaks just said the M8 Prime is no longer in development. It won't be released.

yeah just saw that! So no upgrade path for me yet. Mmmmmm I Just hope something is out by January of next year.

Other forums been mentioning that maybe evleaks is just trying to cover up the fact that they were totally wrong but then why did an htc employee got offended and tweeted evleaks when the original leak was tweeted? You would have to believe that kind of knee jerk reaction to some random leak would mean that there has to be some sort of truth to it don't you think? Maybe htc has had enough and perhaps took legal action against them to a certain extent, I don't know but I still think that this device(or something similar) is coming.

I think we should change the thread title to the HTC M8 Plus. That device is rumored to have a 5.5 Inch QHD display, the same duo camera, a Snapdragon 805 and other goodies. It's like the Prime but more in the line of the HTC One Max. There is also a rumored HTC M8 plastic variant.

I think we should change the thread title to the HTC M8 Plus. That device is rumored to have a 5.5 Inch QHD display, the same duo camera, a Snapdragon 805 and other goodies. It's like the Prime but more in the line of the HTC One Max. There is also a rumored HTC M8 plastic variant.

I think the name of the thread can stay until we find out more information about this new device also the plactic m8 (htc one m8 ace) has already been made official.  Its basically the same phone without the duo camera, instead opting for a single 13mp camera.

• 2 weeks later...

What? HTC will release a flagship phone next spring? Who would have guessed? ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Rumour has it that the HTC one max m8 is in the works (again). The photo used as he is talking about it looks distorted and blown up. But how I want a new one max to exist at the 5.9in everything else looks wrong.http://tktechnews.com/2014/08/10/htc-one-max-m8-aka-m8-prime-leaks/

Rumour has it that the HTC one max m8 is in the works (again). The photo used as he is talking about it looks distorted and blown up. But how I want a new one max to exist at the 5.9in everything else looks wrong.http://tktechnews.com/2014/08/10/htc-one-max-m8-aka-m8-prime-leaks/

Its definitely fake. To add, that website is a joke. Whoever owns that site is trying way to hard to be relevant.

• Like 1