Apple iPhone 5s and 5c sell off

Steve Dean

To get rid of inventory, duh! :P (I kid, I kid)

-Anthony

I don't think this plan will work. People are well aware of the iPhone 6's imminent announcement next month along with probably iOS 8, OS X 10.10 and whatever else. The only thing I can conclude is that they are in fact launching an iWatch which will only be compatible with the 5c and 5s due to its better processor, and of course the M7 chip. 

I know it has nothing to do with converting people to 5S for b26 relief, because apple could probably care less. :rasp:  

• Like 1

I just bought a 5s from Best Buy for $100 for my mother's day gift. I wonder if the sale prices will be any better.

I don't think this plan will work. People are well aware of the iPhone 6's imminent announcement next month along with probably iOS 8, OS X 10.10 and whatever else. The only thing I can conclude is that they are in fact launching an iWatch which will only be compatible with the 5c and 5s due to its better processor, and of course the M7 chip. 

I know it has nothing to do with converting people to 5S for b26 relief, because apple could probably care less. :rasp:  

Keep in mind... the average joe does not have a clue about the iPhone 6 announcement.  Queue my mother who buys her phone based on sale price only, unless she talks to me first.  This is a HUGE demographic for Apple.

• Like 2

I just bought a 5s from Best Buy for $100 for my mother's day gift. I wonder if the sale prices will be any better.

I just got the same 5S deal at Best buy for $105.

Also got a $50 Best Buy gift card.

Lets see what deals Apple offers.

I get to wait until february until my upgrade so I can get the 6. Sigh. Oh well, at least I can get b26 :)

That's too long to wait for band 26. You can grab a 5c on CL for like 200-250.

Sorry. I read that wrong.

It's ok. It happens to me too.

I find it odd that Apple is going to try to promote the 5c/5S so much just to reduce inventory, but I can understand their reasoning behind it, and hopefully it won't backfire on them when the 6 comes out.

It's ok. It happens to me too.

I find it odd that Apple is going to try to promote the 5c/5S so much just to reduce inventory, but I can understand their reasoning behind it, and hopefully it won't backfire on them when the 6 comes out.

It won't. There is a large portion of the market who will upgrade yearly. I'm one of them -- I use my phone more than my personal laptop, and can get work done (okay, email/calendar) remotely.

I think this sell off is more or less to get more holdouts on the larger screen size/form factor/lightning connector so they can ease the transition to larger iPhones on developers.

• Like 1