Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Has anyone ever had the issue of their WiFi being reported as ON in the battery menu when you have WiFi disabled? I've never had this issue but I recently noticed it today and it seems to persist after a few reboots. I have location disabled so I'm not sure what's causing it since I also have "scanning always available" disabled.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-04-20-22-21-29.png

It looks like there is a VOLTE flag in Nexus 5 when I put in a AT&T SIM.

So, is VOLTE supported in Nexus 5?

Nope. That button is there just for the Nexus 6. Google didn't bother hiding it on non VoLTE phones because it's a debug menu. You can see it regardless of what SIM is inserted.

Has anyone ever had the issue of their WiFi being reported as ON in the battery menu when you have WiFi disabled? I've never had this issue but I recently noticed it today and it seems to persist after a few reboots. I have location disabled so I'm not sure what's causing it since I also have "scanning always available" disabled.

WiFi always shows as on in the battery menu for me regardless of it being turned on or off. I also keep scanning always available off.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy an unlocked Sprint device to both allow me to learn a bit about Android development and to use AT&T and T-Mobile.

My main concern is whether Sprint will activate it. Will Sprint activate the device regardless of where it was purchased or do I need to make sure of the origin of the device before purchasing?

I'm looking to buy an unlocked Sprint device to both allow me to learn a bit about Android development and to use AT&T and T-Mobile.

My main concern is whether Sprint will activate it. Will Sprint activate the device regardless of where it was purchased or do I need to make sure of the origin of the device before purchasing?

If I recall correctly the only n5's that there were issued activating were those sold by T-Mobile.

If I recall correctly the only n5's that there were issued activating were those sold by T-Mobile.

I had an issue with mine from the play store at the beginning but it just took my msl code. I remember sprint having an issue activating T-Mobile origin devices.

I had an issue with mine from the play store at the beginning but it just took my msl code. I remember sprint having an issue activating T-Mobile origin devices.

As those 2 said, only T-mob origin devices had issues (that may or may not have been able to get around) but the Play Store devices are good to go.  I have Play device and it was not a problem activating at all.  I believe the sku for Play vs Tmob devices are different so you might be able to tell from that.  

• Like 1

I was hoping there would be something related to either WiFi battery drain or inconsistent battery life. For me at least it seems like every update fixes certain things but not completely. I still struggle with these two especially.

Have you noticed any difference in radio performance?

A .01 bump in modem version isn't going to bring noticeable performance changes, especially late in the device's life.

I clean flashed the factory image today and it is doing well thus far. Still very snappy. Haven't noticed any real difference in connectivity or battery life (not surprising considering it was a minor update) but it's been really smooth. Always feels good to start fresh ????

So I've been noticing that my battery life has gotten significantly worse. My usage isn't heavy at all but as of now according to the stock android battery menu I have 81% left with 4 hours left. I also noticed that 2 of my cpu cores have no activity on them. I've been staring at cpu z for well over 2 minutes and cores 2 and 3 haven't kicked on once. I know they'll only turn on when needed but I've never seen this before. Cpu load is also fluctuating between 20-60% usage. Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...