Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Well Sprint really messed up my coverage because I am only B25 for the least six weeks or so and I used to be locked on B41 which was faster in terms of bandwith and pings and better energy efficiency. 

They could have turned off band 41 temporarily.  This is especially common when they are deploying 8T8R in Clearwire areas.  They typically turn off Clearwire band 41 during the 8T8R deployment and configuration stage.  If you were getting Sprint band 41, they could have turned it off temporarily for some other reason.  I have seen this case in Nokia markets before.

See I am on CM12, going to go back to CM11 but it just takes so much time to set things back up...

That explains it.  CM12 doesn't have hidden menus operational yet.  You can go back to stock or try out another ROM.

Gonna take this chance to shamelessly plug Paranoid Android.  I am part of the development team and always make sure Sprint hidden menus are 100% functional.

• Like 5

They could have turned off band 41 temporarily.  This is especially common when they are deploying 8T8R in Clearwire areas.  They typically turn off Clearwire band 41 during the 8T8R deployment and configuration stage.  If you were getting Sprint band 41, they could have turned it off temporarily for some other reason.  I have seen this case in Nokia markets before.

That explains it.  CM12 doesn't have hidden menus operational yet.  You can go back to stock or try out another ROM.

Gonna take this chance to shamelessly plug Paranoid Android.  I am part of the development team and always make sure Sprint hidden menus are 100% functional.

This was and still is a B41 clear area with wimax, my photon 4g rocked with it.  I had a Galaxy Nexus (N3) last year and B25 did not have LTE.  When I got a Nexus 5 (N5) I was locked on B41 LTE, but as I mentioned, I am now only on B25.  Sometimes during the night I will switch to B41 for a while according to LTE logs on LTE discovery.  

A person on here once said they are working on the tower in my neighborhood (premium member) but it has been six weeks and B41 is till missing.

Thanks for the advice, going to try out Paranoid.

Edited by fubka

This was and still is a B41 clear area with wimax, my photon 4g rocked with it.  I had a Galaxy Nexus (N3) last year and B25 did not have LTE.  When I got a Nexus 5 (N5) I was locked on B41 LTE, but as I mentioned, I am now only on B25.  Sometimes during the night I will switch to B41 for a while according to LTE logs on LTE discovery.  

A person on here once said they are working on the tower in my neighborhood (premium member) but it has been six weeks and B41 is till missing.

Thanks for the advice, going to try out Paranoid.

According to the maps, the site in your area is a WiMax protection site.  You're also in Shentel territory, so you shouldn't have band 41 from any WiMax protection site.  Shentel has rights to be the exclusive provider for Sprint.

Yes, that is correct, I did have WiMax protection 4g which was nice, but that was 4 years ago.  I no longer live there.  Sorry I will update that now.  I am currently in DC,  20010 on the west side of 16th street.

I called about a month ago to Sprint about the lack of "spark" 4g B41 coverage which I once had.  They told me they would make a ticket and call me back in 2-3 business days.  No such call was ever made.  Sprint customer for 12 years.

Edited by fubka

Yes, that is correct, I did have WiMax protection 4g which was nice, but that was 4 years ago. I no longer live there. Sorry I will update that now. I am currently in DC, 20010 on the west side of 16th street.

I called about a month ago to Sprint about the lack of "spark" 4g B41 coverage which I once had. They told me they would make a ticket and call me back in 2-3 business days. No such call was ever made. Sprint customer for 12 years.

I can almost guarantee you that they turned off Clearwire 41 for 8T8R deployment. Washington DC isn't a Spark market yet either.

Yes, that is correct, I did have WiMax protection 4g which was nice, but that was 4 years ago.  I no longer live there.  Sorry I will update that now.  I am currently in DC,  20010 on the west side of 16th street.

I called about a month ago to Sprint about the lack of "spark" 4g B41 coverage which I once had.  They told me they would make a ticket and call me back in 2-3 business days.  No such call was ever made.  Sprint customer for 12 years.

DC is just being announced as an official LTE market this week. Until DC is launched as a Spark market, you probably won't get much help troubleshooting Band 41.

Crazy, I was out walking to the market and have been on B41, even while at home.  I am not a seedtest junkie but pulled down a nice 42.26Mbps.  I hope I stay locked on.   B25 is crowded and although speeds are usable, not as snappy as B41.

Edited by fubka

A friend of mine has an N5 and uses an Airave and has problems with it. What's the status of Wifi Calling on the N5? Also, he uses it on Ting.

Have him set the nexus 5 to 3G or 1X mode in network settings. Its the only way mine reliably works with my airave. Sprint's WiFi calling will likely never work on the nexus 5 unless they manage to bake it into aosp. The next best thing is google voice with the hangouts dialer for pseudo WiFi/data calling, but unfortunately Ting doesn't support full integration.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

DC is just being announced as an official LTE market this week. Until DC is launched as a Spark market, you probably won't get much help troubleshooting Band 41.

DC has been announced, at least according to the maps....

Have him set the nexus 5 to 3G or 1X mode in network settings. Its the only way mine reliably works with my airave. Sprint's WiFi calling will likely never work on the nexus 5 unless they manage to bake it into aosp. The next best thing is google voice with the hangouts dialer for pseudo WiFi/data calling, but unfortunately Ting doesn't support full integration.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Okay, I'll tell him to try it out!

He said he tried GV a while ago but didn't like the quality of the call but I think that may have been before it was updated.

He also said Ting will be offering GSM soon and that somebody he chatted with told him Tmo has WiFi calling on the N5. Is that true?

Okay, I'll tell him to try it out!

He said he tried GV a while ago but didn't like the quality of the call but I think that may have been before it was updated.

He also said Ting will be offering GSM soon and that somebody he chatted with told him Tmo has WiFi calling on the N5. Is that true?

T-Mobile does not have WiFi calling on the nexus 5. Full integration with google voice prevents sprints HD calling from working, as you are essentially in a conference call with google. I've been using Google voice for a while, calls through hangouts dialer usually have better quality than regular sprint calls, but not as good as HD voice.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

So this hasn't been mentioned before and it's rather annoying but almost all the time now hepatic feedback stops. It works for a bit then stops all together. Whether it's the keyboard or the three buttons below. Anyone experience this?

I have had that happen to me before, but only once or twice. A reboot fixed that issue for me. Hasn't happened in a while for me. I wish you the best of luck because I know how annoying it was for me.

I have had that happen to me before, but only once or twice. A reboot fixed that issue for me. Hasn't happened in a while for me. I wish you the best of luck because I know how annoying it was for me.

I actually reboot my phone every now and then. Surprisingly it started to work again without a reboot.

DC has been announced, at least according to the maps....

Sprint started showing unannounced LTE coverage on the maps last fall. Also, all the markets surrounding DC have been announced, but DC hadn't officially been announced. It is coming in this weeks launch. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what to do. My nexus 5 seems to be on life support. I'm constantly missing calls. People tell me they've tried to call, call doesn't even show up on my end.  (I've tried doing a prl update, profile update) I see the no signal empty triangle all the time too. Phone shows lte signal in some spots, cant load any web pages.  Is it time to retire the beast?

I dont know what to do. My nexus 5 seems to be on life support. I'm constantly missing calls. People tell me they've tried to call, call doesn't even show up on my end. (I've tried doing a prl update, profile update) I see the no signal empty triangle all the time too. Phone shows lte signal in some spots, cant load any web pages. Is it time to retire the beast?

Have you tried flashing the stock firmware and doing a fresh install?

Have you tried flashing the stock firmware and doing a fresh install?

Not since having these issues, maybe when 5.1 or 5.2 or whatever it is comes out I'll start over. Thanks for the help. 

I dont know what to do. My nexus 5 seems to be on life support. I'm constantly missing calls. People tell me they've tried to call, call doesn't even show up on my end.  (I've tried doing a prl update, profile update) I see the no signal empty triangle all the time too. Phone shows lte signal in some spots, cant load any web pages.  Is it time to retire the beast?

I've also been having the same experience within the past few days/weeks. I don't know what's happening, but it seems to just miss random calls. Some calls go through, but others just don't even reach my phone. I just either see a voicemail, a text from the person who called me, or a call that happened to be the 7th try of the other person. I'm stock rooted as well, but no fancy shmancy things like Xposed. Just Titanium Backup.

I've also been having the same experience within the past few days/weeks. I don't know what's happening, but it seems to just miss random calls. Some calls go through, but others just don't even reach my phone. I just either see a voicemail, a text from the person who called me, or a call that happened to be the 7th try of the other person. I'm stock rooted as well, but no fancy shmancy things like Xposed. Just Titanium Backup.

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Not since having these issues, maybe when 5.1 or 5.2 or whatever it is comes out I'll start over. Thanks for the help.

I don't know if you're modified at all or completely stock, but I run so many different tweaks that I used to do a fresh install every few months when I had xposed.

I don't know if you're modified at all or completely stock, but I run so many different tweaks that I used to do a fresh install every few months when I had xposed.

100% stock, unlocked bootloader.