Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

I am not able to force LTE only from my S5. I don't see it as an option. I can see it on the Nexus 5. Anyone please help! Thanks!

Have a look at this link.  All you really need to do are steps 1,2 and 7.

• Like 3

I am not able to force LTE only from my S5. I don't see it as an option. I can see it on the Nexus 5. Anyone please help! Thanks!

Have a look at this link. All you really need to do are steps 1,2 and 7.

Do note that you can't get phone calls on "LTE only" :)

I do wish we could change band priorities on the S5 for that initial scan.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Do note that you can't get phone calls on "LTE only" :)

I know grooveip is going to stop working soon. But any other reason not to force LTE only mode and use groove ip. At least for the next week. LTE only is working at much better for me.

Anyone able to renew your free dropbox account? I had 2 years with the S3 and it's expiring soon. can't figure out how to redeem the new offer from the s5.

I also just noticed a small piece of plastic covering the camera lens. Little bugger. Not sure how it affects clarity of pics. I took it off.

• Like 1

Anyone able to renew your free dropbox account? I had 2 years with the S3 and it's expiring soon. can't figure out how to redeem the new offer from the s5.

I also just noticed a small piece of plastic covering the camera lens. Little bugger. Not sure how it affects clarity of pics. I took it off.

No, I haven't had any luck with the Galaxy Gifts BS.  I tweeted at SamsungMobileUS but they just said there was a widget on one of my homescreens that would take me to the gifts.  However, I don't have that widget on my phone anywhere that I can find.  When I just go to the Gifts website, there is nothing to click except the LinkedIN promotion....which requires a credit card.  The rest just send you to Samsung app store.  So I'm not going to install these apps from the Samsung app store and delink them from the Google Play store just for some free 3 months of garbage.  I sent an email to Samsung detailing how their duplication of services and applications is ruining Android on their phones and confusing the customer experience.

I too have an expiring 50GB from my S3 and haven't seen any bump with my S5 now that I'm logged in (or Box for that matter).  It's all crap.  I'm sure you have to be a new Samsung account or something.

Funny about the camera plastic.  That has been the #1 issue with the S4 and now the S5 that I've had to correct on my friends' phones.  They had no idea why pictures had this halo to them.

• Like 1

For you GS5 guys, I'll just put this here.....

Let's hope this is a fake. All the specs seem the same as the regular S5. None of the reported features - 3GB Ram, QHD screen, and faster processor. It looks like the S5 with a metal back.

Just by looking at it, all three buttons on front are physical and it has a rubber bumper around the phone. And guessing it will have a better IP rating also. We won't know for sure until Samsung announces it. I'd like go get a S5 to play with but I don't want to pull the trigger before they announce this S5 Active and if it even comes to Sprint.

Sent from my HTC One M8

So if my port cover breaks OFF, am I SOL?

No. Samsung will fix it in the first year, or year and 3 months if you registered on Samsung.com. Or if you have Sprint TEP just take it in to a store. You'll just have to send it in.

If anyone has experience if a Sprint repair facility can do this, chime in. Or can it be replaced by end user?

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

So if my port cover breaks OFF, am I SOL?

Actually, maybe they won't after reading the internets for a while. But I did find this place that sells them and has instructions on how to replace the S5 charging port cover. It looks incredibly simple. One screw.

Good to bookmark this: http://goo.gl/NJTWpi

If the store is smart they fix it. Its only held on by one screw and can be fixed in seconds. We harvest them off all gs5 that get sent back since its not a part sprint currently replenishes us with.

• Like 4

So ive been messing and serting my S5 up for the past day or so but I havw yet to find a way to put a short cut on my home screen to go to a certine setting menu. I canndo it on my One M8 and had done it on my older Note 2 but cant seem to find it yet on my S5.

So ive been messing and serting my S5 up for the past day or so but I havw yet to find a way to put a short cut on my home screen to go to a certine setting menu. I canndo it on my One M8 and had done it on my older Note 2 but cant seem to find it yet on my S5.

That's an interesting find.  It seems to be missing from the S5?? 

To quickly get to settings, here's what I have set up.  I use Nova Launcher with gestures (swipe down anywhere give me notifications, double tap = camera, two fingers slide down is toggles, etc.).  To get to settings, I have it set to "swipe up" on the screen.  Then I have set my "Quick Settings" in my settings menu to be the ones I need to get to quickly.   The funny thing is that I have historically always had a shortcut to "Battery" setup in my Nova and when I restore my nova the shortcut appears there and works.  So making a shortcut still works in theory, its just not visible in the S5 by long pressing on the home screen like it used to be.

I'll keep digging.

Yeah, I like to have my battery, data usage, and either mobile networks or WiFi. I'm digging too and so far still can't seem to find it. I'm gonna check my dad's Verizon S5 when he gets home.

Also, wanted to throw this into the user thread here in case anyone else experiences it. I did have the "Camera Failed" notification twice on my device when going into the camera, something that has been happening to Verizon Users most notably, but can happen to any early run S5.  A reboot did have the camera come back to function though, unlike some stories I've read online.  I went to a Sprint Store and they ordered me a new phone which should be in on Friday.  I do not have TEP but this is covered 100% and a free replacement if anyone else gets it.  It should be a replacement with a brand new device and not a refurb.  I'm worried that this store ordered me a refurb since it had to be ordered, however I confirmed with him it was a new device and he said "yes".  We'll see when it comes in.  They're a third party owned Sprint repair facility, so perhaps they can't scalp their inventory so easily?

Other camera observations I didn't see in this thread (sorry if I missed them) is 1) the camera does rattle some when not in the app, which is the focus mechanism; once in the app, the rattle with stop as its engaged and 2) my camera (even before the failed message) sometimes showed a black screen for 2-3 seconds before the image appears to snap.  I believe the latter is what the international model got the software update for and hopefully what is coming our way.  The RDF page shows a NE3 build in testing.  http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SM-G900P-SPRINT/NE3.rdf

Which store Mark?

It may show it orders a refurbished phone but it really orders a new device. I've seen it a few times in my own store.

University Ave. store near hospital. PM me if you can check up on my claim number or something. I'd appreciate that.