HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

My battery is back to draining quickly, phone gets quite warm at times.  Android OS and Android System are still at the top for battery usage.  Just over 7 hours on battery and I'm at 26%.

Anyone else have the issue?

• 3 weeks later...

My battery is back to draining quickly, phone gets quite warm at times.  Android OS and Android System are still at the top for battery usage.  Just over 7 hours on battery and I'm at 26%.

Anyone else have the issue?

I dont know if it is user error on my part or a software quirk but I have noticed that the power saver somehow becomes disabled. Everytime my battery drains the power saver is off so you may want to check that.

• Like 1

I dont know if it is user error on my part or a software quirk but I have noticed that the power saver somehow becomes disabled. Everytime my battery drains the power saver is off so you may want to check that.

I'm thinking my issue was app related. Within the past week, I've been getting 20+ hours of battery on a charge... so I'm assuming an app update fixed whatever might have been draining it. A couple weeks ago I purged the cache partition also, but that didn't seem to help.

• Like 2

Anybody of you guys have travel to any of the sprint value roaming areas and able to connect to their roaming partners? I'm in Mexico right now and haven't had any luck connect to Movistar from my phone to use data and text

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Anybody of you guys have travel to any of the sprint value roaming areas and able to connect to their roaming partners? I'm in Mexico right now and haven't had any luck connect to Movistar from my phone to use data and text

Did you enable it on your plan?

Have you switched to GSM roaming only?

Yeah I did all that selected gsm/umts mode then when and did the search for available networks and all I get is an error

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the mobile hotspot app on the M8?  I can't seem to find it.  I don't have wifi hotspot added to my account, but I'm wondering how I would add it if I decided I wanted it.

Where is the mobile hotspot app on the M8? I can't seem to find it. I don't have wifi hotspot added to my account, but I'm wondering how I would add it if I decided I wanted it.

Settings - wireless and network - more - mobile network sharing

I am currently connected to Movistar in Mexico. To do so I went to settings -> Mobile data -> Network mode -> select GSM/UMTS only.  Then Available GSM Networks -> Select automatically. It took a moment to register with Movistar,  but once it did it automatically connects after airplane mode toggles or restarting the device. When in Brazil it was the same process to connect to Vivo. 

I was able to enable from my account on the sprint site without calling. After checking my usage from the sprint site, IVR data and texts are accurately reflected without additional charges. In addition,  wifi calling worked and was reflected in my usages accurately w/o additional charges. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently connected to Movistar in Mexico. To do so I went to settings -> Mobile data -> Network mode -> select GSM/UMTS only. Then Available GSM Networks -> Select automatically. It took a moment to register with Movistar, but once it did it automatically connects after airplane mode toggles or restarting the device. When in Brazil it was the same process to connect to Vivo.

I was able to enable from my account on the sprint site without calling. After checking my usage from the sprint site, IVR data and texts are accurately reflected without additional charges. In addition, wifi calling worked and was reflected in my usages accurately w/o additional charges.

Is there a way you can show a screenshot of how it's supposed to look the data, I couldn't get any data, all I saw was a R on the signal area

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to find an answer for this, but haven't found anything conclusive. Does the Sprint M8 have the hardware to support CA? I noticed it wasn't on the list of the screenshot that's been going around, but was wondering if it will get an update later following the first wave of devices. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Tried to find an answer for this, but haven't found anything conclusive. Does the Sprint M8 have the hardware to support CA? I noticed it wasn't on the list of the screenshot that's been going around, but was wondering if it will get an update later following the first wave of devices. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

No.

It's been repeated again and again in this very forum and he'll even the recent wall articles we did.

The only devices that support sprint 2xB41 are the Galaxy Note edge, galaxy s6, s6 edge, HTC one m9, LG gflex 2, and LG g4 and that mystery ZTE Hotspot.

This is a physical hardware limitation based on modem capabilities.

The next moto x and galaxy note and edge+ will also have CA capability.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

No.

It's been repeated again and again in this very forum and he'll even the recent wall articles we did.

The only devices that support sprint 2xB41 are the Galaxy Note edge, galaxy s6, s6 edge, HTC one m9, LG gflex 2, and LG g4 and that mystery ZTE Hotspot.

This is a physical hardware limitation based on modem capabilities.

The next moto x and galaxy note and edge+ will also have CA capability.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Conclusive enough for me, much appreciated. Only reason I was not 100% sure was because there were some articles out from last year when the M8 was released that it was the first phone to support CA.

Conclusive enough for me, much appreciated. Only reason I was not 100% sure was because there were some articles out from last year when the M8 was released that it was the first phone to support CA.

Possibly if its aggregating up to 20 MHz total. A lot of devices can. Devices need to be category 6+ or those that can aggregate 40 mhz or more in order to do CA on sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else get the stragefright update this morning. HTC was very quiet about how they were going about it. Meaning saying nothing at at all. But it just popped up a lil ater 7am for me.

Anyone else get the stragefright update this morning. HTC was very quiet about how they were going about it. Meaning saying nothing at at all. But it just popped up a lil ater 7am for me.

It didn't pop up automatically for me...but, I did an update check after I read your post and the update was available for download.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Y2Dre

It also automatically popped up on my wife's and my phone yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with my phone randomly not receiving calls. I have done the "scrtn" thing, I have cleared cache partition, update profile & prl and have even done a complete reset. The problem still exsist.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with my phone randomly not receiving calls. I have done the "scrtn" thing, I have cleared cache partition, update profile & prl and have even done a complete reset. The problem still exsist.

I went through all steps myself. Called Sprint, they are sending their signal booster, free of charge. That is for the house. Doesn't help with other places. I switch between band 41, 25, and 26 frequently. Only 26 has good connection.

Anyone think we will get a second update for Stagefright? According to the Stagefright Detector app from Zimperium, the patch fixed 5 of the CVE-2015 Stagefright related vulnerabilities (3828, 3824, 3829, 3827, and 1538). However, CVE-2015-3864 still seems to be affecting the M8.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what's causing this? Happening every day and I have to reboot to get LTE data back.

cc1e7dde78afc27d5e12b4114de83e3a.jpg

Sent from my M8

I know that this is of no help, but when I had a a HTC M8, I got that error frequently at one point. When it happened the only real fix was, as you mentioned, a reboot.

I have no other answer, but that at some point the problem seemed to have, cleared-up pn it's own.

No real Rime—Or—Reason.