HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Has anyone had any luck with band priority after rooting and M8? I really need to stay on the 800 band while not on LTE. The area I live in 1900 is crap  but my phone stays on it most of the time. I have to do something about this. I've called sprint 3 times which is a waste of time. I love their answer "put your phone on CDMA mode and it will stay on 800" I laugh at them, I've been there done that. The phone acts no different on that mode or LTE mode. The signal is there just give it to me!!!!!!!

I'm just curious, but what do you mean when you say that "1900 is crap" where you live? Do you mean you are always dropping calls, missing incoming calls, or that you get choppy audio?

Wifi calling Will fix that or you can use Digiblurs PRL to force 1x800.

Sent from my M8

wifi calling is good at home but I experience this around my area as well. 1x800 works great and will fix it. trying to figure out how to get the PRL now

Before the update, I was pretty much 100% on LTE 800. After the update I've seen more LTE 1900. Not really a way to fix it unless you try to install the previous radio.

Sent from my M8

Quote was referring to 1x800, not LTE. Changing radios also likely won't change how often you'll be on the LTE 800 vs LTE 1900, that's the network. 

I don't remember what is the priority of each band, but i would think that B25 and B26 are pretty much similar in terms of speed. The LTE 800 has better in-building penetration and further propagation, but i've noticed my phone is on LTE 1900 at my house more often where before it jumped back to 3G.  Maybe hey tuned the radios ???

Band 25 should have a higher priority on the network side, saving LTE 800 for coverage or capacity where needed.

• Like 1

I would idle as many connections as possible, without causing congestion or performance issues, on lte 800, for the simple facts of better signal indicated on handsets and better battery life.

With the network in control, whenever an idle lte800 connection becomes 'non-idle' it can be sent to the appropriate 1900/2600 carrier.

This also keeps 1900 less loaded (cause there are still a crap-ton of lte1900 only handsets out there).

Just curious if anyone is having WiFi call in issues a lady at work that had poor service at home praised WiFi calling in the beginning now since the update she says WiFi calling disconnects all the time and her calls are really crappy over sprint so just curious is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Edit: she has the h/k edition if that even matters.

Edited by eljayyy91

Just curious if anyone is having WiFi call in issues a lady at work that had poor service at home praised WiFi calling in the beginning now since the update she says WiFi calling disconnects all the time and her calls are really crappy over sprint so just curious is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Edit: she has the h/k edition if that even matters.

I have the h/k also. I've noticed some intermittent disconnects when I first push the lollipop update to my phon. I guess software settling in but since then it hasn't disconnected on its own since the first day.

Okay well I figured I'd look into it a little haven't seen it anywhere else hopefully the problem clears itself up.

wifi calling is good at home but I experience this around my area as well. 1x800 works great and will fix it. trying to figure out how to get the PRL now

If you look the the NV complete map, you will see why you might not always be on 1x800....

If you look the the NV complete map, you will see why you might not always be on 1x800....

That would be true but my non spark tab3 stays on 1x800 90% of the time in my area. Also after the update my phone is picking up 1x800 a lot less and even calls made while on LTE use to all be 800 now they Seam to all be 1900

That would be true but my non spark tab3 stays on 1x800 90% of the time in my area. Also after the update my phone is picking up 1x800 a lot less and even calls made while on LTE use to all be 800 now they Seam to all be 1900

i don't have that phone, but it could be them tweaking the network. in my area when i run the sprint PRL i either idle on 1x800 or 1xRTT, it seems to be random, then when i make or receive calls the call either goes to 1x800 or 1xRTT, based on what the network chooses.

Even when i run the PRL that prioritizes 1x800 it will force my phone to idle on 1x800 but when i make a or receive a call the network decides where to put me and i'll have phone calls happen on 1xRTT all the time.

so in the end you can force your phone to idle on 1x800 but you can't do anything about what band calls happen on, thats all up to the network.

• 2 weeks later...

I have roaming turned off on my M8 and I saw it connect to VZW twice on the same tower and it didn't show roaming on the phone. If I'm on Sprint at this spot it's very weak and I often drop the call here and the VZW tower is right there. I connected to US Cellular yesterday with full signal as well at a different spot several miles from the nearest Sprint tower, again showing no roaming indicator and with roaming turned off. Has anyone else seen this happen or have an explanation for this?

I have roaming turned off on my M8 and I saw it connect to VZW twice on the same tower and it didn't show roaming on the phone. If I'm on Sprint at this spot it's very weak and I often drop the call here and the VZW tower is right there. I connected to US Cellular yesterday with full signal as well at a different spot several miles from the nearest Sprint tower, again showing no roaming indicator and with roaming turned off. Has anyone else seen this happen or have an explanation for this?

Do you have both domestic and international off or just international?

• 2 weeks later...

Question....is anyone else having a problem downloading the Visual Voicemail update?

I get the following notification...

8e7c69f6bc5f12941bba5343666d17e8.jpg

But the update never downloads and never installs.

A friend at work is looking for the APK so that I can update the Visual Voicemail app and finally get rid of the notification.

Please note that I am rooted and S-Off, but I am on stock HTC Sense, and have stock recovery.

• 4 weeks later...

it looks like 5.0.2 is now available from Sprint for the M8 and M8 HK.

Some minor changes here and there that are cool. I wish they'd get rid of the LTE sign when you're using WiFi. I also wish they'd use the default HTC WiFi sign since it looks better in my opinion. That's to HTC Home, I pretty much already have Sense 7 but I would like to have the ability to change buttons.

They've also updated the HTC Internet app and it's more in line with Sense 7. My guess is that making all of these apps like the Sense 7 variant cuts down the size of the update significantly and speeds up the update process quite a bit.

• Like 1

They've also updated the HTC Internet app and it's more in line with Sense 7. My guess is that making all of these apps like the Sense 7 variant cuts down the size of the update significantly and speeds up the update process quite a bit.

Agreed!

I also noticed that my Clock changed, as did the background colors of Sense.