HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Wow. Big improvement. My phone silky and very fast. Be sure to have a fully charged battery and a lot time. It will take over an hour and about 40% of your battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just turned on my M8 for the first time in months and I go the update to Marshmallow. I honestly forgot how good this phone is.

Question: Can I switch my SIM from my current phone to my M8 and use it or is there a while process. Just curious because I might want to switch phones occasionally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just turned on my M8 for the first time in months and I go the update to Marshmallow. I honestly forgot how good this phone is.

Question: Can I switch my SIM from my current phone to my M8 and use it or is there a while process. Just curious because I might want to switch phones occasionally.

I think you can use the SIM, you just have to type all the numbers in online when you do the swap. That's if it is the same kind of SIM. There are so many types I forget which ones belong to which devices.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Grrr. Charging port on my M8 has gone kaput and I can't find anybody to fix it including Sprint.

Yeah, that's not exactly an uncommon thing I had a family member who had an M8 that I ended up having to replace the charging port on myself because I couldn't find anyone that would do it for any sort of reasonable amount. In the end it turned out not to be too bad of a process, the hardest part was making sure I was getting the part with the correct connections which ended up costing like $10 on Amazon.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's not exactly an uncommon thing I had a family member who had an M8 that I ended up having to replace the charging port on myself because I couldn't find anyone that would do it for any sort of reasonable amount. In the end it turned out not to be too bad of a process, the hardest part was making sure I was getting the part with the correct connections which ended up costing like $10 on Amazon.

Grrr. Charging port on my M8 has gone kaput and I can't find anybody to fix it including Sprint.

I had to replace my charging port and my brothers. It's a pretty easy process and pretty cheap. I got the replacement part on eBay for like $7. Just look on eBay or Amazon for "htc one m8 charging port" and you'll find what you need.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've had great luck with my HTC One M8 that I ordered when it was first released two years ago.

I've recently noticed a problem where the M8 shuts down like the battery is dead, even though the battery indicator is showing something like 20% charge remaining.  This has happened a few times recently, and every time the indicated battery level is 20-25%.

So, either the battery indicator is way off, or the battery is shot and is dead even when there is 20% charge remaining.

If it's just that the battery indicator is off, is there a way to reset it or otherwise make it more accurately reflect the true battery charge level?

Thank you!!

I've had great luck with my HTC One M8 that I ordered when it was first released two years ago.

I've recently noticed a problem where the M8 shuts down like the battery is dead, even though the battery indicator is showing something like 20% charge remaining. This has happened a few times recently, and every time the indicated battery level is 20-25%.

So, either the battery indicator is way off, or the battery is shot and is dead even when there is 20% charge remaining.

If it's just that the battery indicator is off, is there a way to reset it or otherwise make it more accurately reflect the true battery charge level?

Thank you!!

Battery is likely crapping out after two years or so. Mine began doing the same when it was approaching the two year mark. Usually a factory reset might help bit but otherwise the phone might be on its last legs.

Battery is likely crapping out after two years or so. Mine began doing the same when it was approaching the two year mark. Usually a factory reset might help bit but otherwise the phone might be on its last legs.

Wow, really?  Batteries are only good for (barely) two years?  I believe you, but I'm just surprised that they puke that fast.  I thought these Lithium ion batteries were supposed to have longer life. 

I've recently noticed a problem where the M8 shuts down like the battery is dead, even though the battery indicator is showing something like 20% charge remaining. This has happened a few times recently, and every time the indicated battery level is 20-25%.

Thank you!!

I had the same thing happen a couple months ago. I tried everything. Clearing battery stats in recovery, new rom, new kernel, everything. I eventually replaced the battery with one I got on eBay and the new one worked perfectly. It's the battery crapping out unfortunately

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I eventually replaced the battery with one I got on eBay and the new one worked perfectly. It's the battery crapping out unfortunately

Could you please link to any instructions for a battery swap?

Could you please link to any instructions for a battery swap?

Just follow any instructions for a screen replacement. It's the exact same, you just don't have to go as far as they do for the screen

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I've recently noticed a problem where the M8 shuts down like the battery is dead, even though the battery indicator is showing something like 20% charge remaining.  This has happened a few times recently, and every time the indicated battery level is 20-25%.

Thank you!!

Mine was doing it at 25%-30% depending on what I was doing. It would just die.

Mine was doing it at 25%-30% depending on what I was doing. It would just die.

Did replacing the battery fix the problem?  I just want to make sure it's actually the battery and not something else before deciding to replace the battery.

Did replacing the battery fix the problem?  I just want to make sure it's actually the battery and not something else before deciding to replace the battery.

I upgraded the phone. I never replaced the battery.  Sorry i can't help you there.