HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

I still haven't experienced any of the issues that have been mentioned by everyone else.

You can send and receive MMS via Wi-Fi Calling?  Just wondering if it's a nationwide or otherwise localized issue.  Wondering if/how I should tell Sprint about it.

You can send and receive MMS via Wi-Fi Calling? Just wondering if it's a nationwide or otherwise localized issue. Wondering if/how I should tell Sprint about it.

I have this issue with hangouts. Haven't tried to see if messages app also has mms problems with Wi-Fi calling enabled.

You can send and receive MMS via Wi-Fi Calling?  Just wondering if it's a nationwide or otherwise localized issue.  Wondering if/how I should tell Sprint about it.

Yep. Without 0 issue. I can send SMS and MMS to others as well as myself without nay issues.

You can send and receive MMS via Wi-Fi Calling? Just wondering if it's a nationwide or otherwise localized issue. Wondering if/how I should tell Sprint about it.

I had the same problem, did a whole reactivation (##SCRTN# I think is the code I used) and then it worked.

Sent from my LG G3

Seems like a few people have complained about MMS issues when using wifi calling.

For those of you who are having those problems, can you confirm the SMS/MMS app you use?  I use Hangouts and that's where I'm seeing the issue.

Just trying to track down if it's a Hangouts issue or a Sprint issue.

I had the same problem, did a whole reactivation (##SCRTN# I think is the code I used) and then it worked.

Sent from my LG G3

So after some magic code MMS starting working for you over wifi calling?  Do you use Hangouts or some other SMS/MMS client?

So after some magic code MMS starting working for you over wifi calling? Do you use Hangouts or some other SMS/MMS client?

That code reruns self activation, refreshes your profile and PRL. Basically completely refreshes your device on the network.

I use Textra.

Sent from my LG G3

Wait, we can enable/disable bands and change priorities now? Is that new with 4.4.3?

Yes... Didn't see the option till then...

Do you need to be rooted?

Anyone else starting to have a somewhat horrible experience with their M8? I've got the HK model, though probably doesn't make a difference. Very laggy, jumpy, in all apps and the OS itself. Can't even use the calculator without a major delay between pressing a number and having it appear on the screen. Reminds me of why I hate Android so much. Have hard reset twice - same issue. Is this just HTC and Android remaining a poor combination (I remember these kinds of issues on my og. Evo 4G's) or do you think mine is faulty?

Anyone else starting to have a somewhat horrible experience with their M8? I've got the HK model, though probably doesn't make a difference. Very laggy, jumpy, in all apps and the OS itself. Can't even use the calculator without a major delay between pressing a number and having it appear on the screen. Reminds me of why I hate Android so much. Have hard reset twice - same issue. Is this just HTC and Android remaining a poor combination (I remember these kinds of issues on my og. Evo 4G's) or do you think mine is faulty?

Come on now, if this was the case then everyone(or at least most) would be complaining about the same thing.  As of right now the nexus 5 and the one m8 are by far the two most responsive android devices hands down so its more than likely you are having an isolated issue somewhere.  Maybe its a rogue app wrecking havoc or maybe its hardware but its definitely not an "htc and android" thing.   Also please don't mention an android device from 2010, android has come a very long way since then.

In the mean time, is your current m8 rooted? If it is, can you tell me what rom you are using?  If you are 100% stock then I would suggest hard resetting your device using the ##786#code on your dialer(I think you might need your msl to complete the process) and when the phone comes back up do not restore any data just install everything from scratch.  If that still doesn't work then maybe you just got a faulty device and if thats the case then just take it in to sprint.

• Like 1

Come on now, if this was the case then everyone(or at least most) would be complaining about the same thing.  As of right now the nexus 5 and the one m8 are by far the two most responsive android devices hands down so its more than likely you are having an isolated issue somewhere.  Maybe its a rogue app wrecking havoc or maybe its hardware but its definitely not an "htc and android" thing.   Also please don't mention an android device from 2010, android has come a very long way since then.

In the mean time, is your current m8 rooted? If it is, can you tell me what rom you are using?  If you are 100% stock then I would suggest hard resetting your device using the ##786#code on your dialer(I think you might need your msl to complete the process) and when the phone comes back up do not restore any data just install everything from scratch.  If that still doesn't work then maybe you just got a faulty device and if thats the case then just take it in to sprint.

Thanks for your input. I have owned many phones over the past several years (literally 20 or more different models per year, on average), and that includes a huge number of HTC models - almost everything they've ever produced. I have had issues with them from the start. 

Anyway, we'll see if Sprint gives me a replacement....I do have their ultra-expensive protection plan.

Thanks for your input. I have owned many phones over the past several years (literally 20 or more different models per year, on average), and that includes a huge number of HTC models - almost everything they've ever produced. I have had issues with them from the start. 

Anyway, we'll see if Sprint gives me a replacement....I do have their ultra-expensive protection plan.

Sounds like you have a bad case of OCD if you're going through that many devices per year.  It would seem like you have issues with every single device you own regardless of OEM.

Anyway I asked you a few questions in an attempt to assist you with your problems and you didn't answer any of them, it would save you a lot of time when at the sprint store.

Thanks for your input. I have owned many phones over the past several years (literally 20 or more different models per year, on average), and that includes a huge number of HTC models - almost everything they've ever produced. I have had issues with them from the start.

That's almost 2 phones per month. No offense, but I doubt this is likely. They dont even release 20 different phones a year for sale.

Sent from my HTC M8

Sounds like you have a bad case of OCD if you're going through that many devices per year.  It would seem like you have issues with every single device you own regardless of OEM.

Anyway I asked you a few questions in an attempt to assist you with your problems and you didn't answer any of them, it would save you a lot of time when at the sprint store.

Nope. I test and review phones and networks...so quite normal. ;)