HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

So far yes, now of course the n5 is still king of lte connectivity but I was pretty impressed with my One Max.  That was a lot better than the One(m7) but the Max was still about 5db or so worse than the n5.  The M8 seems to be similar to the max, maybe even slightly better which is great.  

Don't be a tease, give us more!

I really depend on the n5 reception. Would love to know how LTE does vs. The n5.

Don't be a tease, give us more!

I really depend on the n5 reception. Would love to know how LTE does vs. The n5.

The n5,is just a monster when it comes to lte performance. So far from what I can tell the m8 is ever so slightly better than the one max but it ain't no n5,but it gets the job done. As far as the device itself though, I am loving it. It's definitely worth a look if you are even remotely interested.

• Like 2

The n5,is just a monster when it comes to lte performance. So far from what I can tell the m8 is ever so slightly better than the one max but it ain't no n5,but it gets the job done. As far as the device itself though, I am loving it. It's definitely worth a look if you are even remotely interested.

So basically what I collected out of the impressions of the m8.

•It has good rf performance, similar to the g2/one max but not like the n5.

•It is probably the highest quality/best built phone to date.

•Its super loud(maybe the loudest mobile device yet?).

Did I miss anything important, or is there something else you'd tell someone to persuade them to buy it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

speaker performance? How does Iit compare now they are both in front of you...

speaker performance? How does Iit compare now they are both in front of you...

Holy cow the speakers are amazing. You cannot tell it's coming from a phone.

Cousin came over to show it off. I'm officially jealous.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

Posted ImagePosted Image

Got to play with the gold One tonight. Mostly just played around with the camera so far. It is definitely a fun camera. Looking forward to spending tomorrow with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Posted ImagePosted Image

Got to play with the gold One tonight. Mostly just played around with the camera so far. It is definitely a fun camera. Looking forward to spending tomorrow with it.

Is Best Buy selling it now?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Nope. The dates keep getting moved. As of now it looks like Sprint will not be available in store until 4/10. I would not be surprised if that changed again.

Nope. The dates keep getting moved. As of now it looks like Sprint will not be available in store until 4/10. I would not be surprised if that changed again.

Oh crap. I'm not sure I can wait that long. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Does the phone out of the box have the tri-band support or does it have to be updated like the Nexus 5 cause I am still waiting for this update!

It's ready to go. Every phone released this year, and here on out, will be Spark enabled. The n5 is the only device that is capable, but not officially supported without the upgrade. It's like the black sheep of Sprint's phone family.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's ready to go. Every phone released this year, and here on out, will be Spark enabled. The n5 is the only device that is capable, but not officially supported without the upgrade. It's like the black sheep of Sprint's phone family. Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Yes, The "Black Sheep" with the best RF LTE  performance.  

• Like 1

Yes, The "Black Sheep" with the best RF LTE performance.

I was only referring to it being released 5 months ago and still not being spark supported. It's a great phone that is basically on the back burner.

• Like 1

I was only referring to it being released 5 months ago and still not being spark supported. It's a great phone that is basically on the back burner.

I see. But, If I understand correctly, it can still connect to all of Sprint's bands, and better than most.

Does the phone out of the box have the tri-band support or does it have to be updated like the Nexus 5 cause I am still waiting for this update!

Yes, it does.  I had the Spark/Wal-Mart icon in the notification bar the first time I booted it up.  Strangely, there is no LTE here at my office.

I transferred everything from our 2 EVO LTE phones to the New Ones using HTC software.  Looks like everything transferred okay for contacts, apps, photos, etc. except some Game Data on the wife's phone.  Anyone know how to get the data for a game transferred?  She does not want to start over and loose her 2 years worth the progress.

• Like 1

Does the debug or data menu allow you to switch LTE band priorities and have the LTE timeout period to edit?

I'm curious as well. This will likely be my first tri-band device and I would love that kind of granular control over its connectivity. Is it something easily selectable from the engineering screen, or do you have to edit the priorities in the PRL like you do on the G2 (from what I understand)?

Hopefully, I'll have one in a couple weeks when I'm satisfied that there are no build quality issues. I'm right by a cluster of 800MHz LTE towers by Chicago so I can't wait to try those out!

I transferred everything from our 2 EVO LTE phones to the New Ones using HTC software. Looks like everything transferred okay for contacts, apps, photos, etc. except some Game Data on the wife's phone. Anyone know how to get the data for a game transferred? She does not want to start over and loose her 2 years worth the progress.

Titanium backup

• Like 1

Titanium backup

If he is using the htc software to transfer everything then more than likely he and his wife's phone isn't rooted. 

• Like 1

You are correct theMuffinman our phones new or old are not rooted.

Since you are not rooted there is an app on the playstore called hellium.  Give that a shot and see if it works for you.

• Like 2