Sprint to do ok with LTE iPhone

legion125

I don't think they still sell it, but some people can't afford the GNex or the next 'Evo'. Me, i will strive to afford the next high end iPhone somehow, someway.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Tapatalk for free from GetJar!

Well, I think the Viper has some good stats for an expected $100 price tag. Anyone wanting something under $100 can get by using WiMax or 3G once network vision makes it usable again. Many of the cheap or free phones were not WiMax enabled, so even though Sprint is trying to get people on LTE, I think they will still keep a 3G/WiMax lineup of already released phones for the lowest end of the market. Maybe keep the Evo 3D around a while at free or $50 for its 3D capability, which will still interest people.

That and the Evo Design. Are any of the 3 new phones world capable phones with GSM roaming capabilities?

I don't think so. They definitely need to keep the design around until they get another world phone. I'm almost positive the GNex and Viper will not have world roaming capability, and with the Photon already seeing EOL looming, I think they saw the writing on the wall. That is probably why the Evo Design was released in December and at a midrange price point. Sooner or later (probably when the LTE phones are released), it will start going on sale for even less than the $100 regular price. Or they could put a couple other different phones in the free category and keep the world phone as a midrange.

I don't think so. They definitely need to keep the design around until they get another world phone. I'm almost positive the GNex and Viper will not have world roaming capability, and with the Photon already seeing EOL looming, I think they saw the writing on the wall. That is probably why the Evo Design was released in December and at a midrange price point. Sooner or later (probably when the LTE phones are released), it will start going on sale for even less than the $100 regular price. Or they could put a couple other different phones in the free category and keep the world phone as a midrange.

They could always do that. I would like to see more world phones on Sprint in the future. And then hope that someone figures out how to unlock US GSM roaming and native use for at&t & T-Mobile.

They could always do that. I would like to see more world phones on Sprint in the future. And then hope that someone figures out how to unlock US GSM roaming and native use for at&t & T-Mobile.

I'd like to see phones that can run on any network with the swap of a sim, but it won't be until VoLTE is fully implemented for anything like that.

I'd like to see phones that can run on any network with the swap of a sim, but it won't be until VoLTE is fully implemented for anything like that.

Not only that, but multi-frequency LTE chipsets that work on all known LTE bands.

I heard there would be a LTE version of the GS2. It would be a decent mid range phone. The development costs are paid and parts have gone down in price. Wouldn't be that dumb IMO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I agree, Scott.. It would be similar to what ATT did with the SGSII SkyRocket ... I could see Sprint doing the same thing. And I dont think that would be a letdown at all.. its a great device!!

This is not correct. And not physically possible. The WiMax antenna runs on 2500MHz. Sprint's LTE is at 1900MHz. It's impossible. Please stop posting nonsense and confusing people. This is a warning.

Robert

Lol dude calm yo goofy down I already know sprint changed they minds bout duel 4g (which is possible) no more WIMAX OK whatever dude lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Lol dude calm yo goofy down I already know sprint changed they minds bout duel 4g (which is possible) no more WIMAX OK whatever dude lol

I am definitely calm, and I am a tad bit goofy. :)

Be that as it may, these are my forums. The purpose of S4GRU is a place for Sprint wireless nerds to congregate and to help inform the public about the technical workings of the Sprint network, spectrum and changes. You were singled out because your posts in this thread are contrary to our mission and could be misinterpeted and confuse people.

You are welcome to ask questions. However, any thing you post as fact are being read by hundreds of wireless dorks who are in the know. And if they are inaccurate, you will be called out. It's OK to post mistaken points. I have done it myself. There are dorks that are much smarter than I am. I have been called out before.

However, our tolerance for trolls and flamers is very low here at S4GRU. We are not that kind of community. Your comments in this thread set off the "radar." If I was mistaken in interpeting your posts, please accept my apologies. If your intent is to be a flaming troll, then S4GRU is not the place for you. :lurk:

Robert

• Like 2

Apologies accepted bro lol and no I'm not a troll

I look forward to your future posts.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

The purpose of S4GRU is a place for Sprint wireless nerds to congregate and to help inform the public about the technical workings of the Sprint network, spectrum and changes. You were singled out because your posts in this thread are contrary to our mission and could be misinterpeted and confuse people.

You are welcome to ask questions. However, any thing you post as fact are being read by hundreds of wireless dorks who are in the know. And if they are inaccurate, you will be called out. It's OK to post mistaken points. I have done it myself. There are dorks that are much smarter than I am. I have been called out before.

Regardless being read by countless number of wireless dorks who know their stuff, the issue is being read by those that are not in the know and feel that they are getting info that may not be accurate. I am one of those that is a sponge of gathering as much info as possible, but if the info provided it indeed not accurate, I would not know and can cause more problems not only for myself but for others if i were to spread the information as provided.

We are here to read post and learn as much as possible on the Now Network and Network Vision and hopefully pass the information to others so they also can be enriched with the knowledge of what the network is doing and is becoming.

TS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway...back on track about a Sprint iPhone.

I for one am seriously looking to see what the new iPhone will have in terms of hardware specs. Give me a 4+" screen, LTE (of course), and perhaps increased screen resolution (960x480 is outdated now), and we'll talk. I'm by no means an Apple fanboy, usually I spend my days dealing with iSheep and their blind faith, but I respect an established ecosystem when it's there.

Depending on the physical device specs, I might use my rebate to purchase the new iPhone....maybe. As for Android, it will be a tossup between the HTC and the Samsung GS3. After using the EVO LTE, I'm sold on it, but am still curious what Samsung will bring forward with the GS3.

I spend my days dealing with iSheep and their blind faith, but I respect an established ecosystem when it's there.

Be careful about calling Apple fans iSheep? I love my Apple products with a passion, but I won't blindly follow Apple. I even have my Mac set as a dual-boot setup with Windows when I'm in school, so I have taken a different path than some Apple fans.

And if they manage to stuff LTE radios in a new iPhone with the same size screen it has now, I would be fine with that. But if the next iPhone doesn't have LTE for Sprint, then I will be getting the EVO LTE.

• Like 1

Be careful about calling Apple fans iSheep? I love my Apple products with a passion, but I won't blindly follow Apple. I even have my Mac set as a dual-boot setup with Windows when I'm in school, so I have taken a different path than some Apple fans.

And if they manage to stuff LTE radios in a new iPhone with the same size screen it has now, I would be fine with that. But if the next iPhone doesn't have LTE for Sprint, then I will be getting the EVO LTE.

After using the Epic Touch for so long, I can't go back to that smaller screen, but that's my opinion :)

The only reason I refer to them as iSheep is because in my experience, they follow blindly. I know someone who used to bash Apple left and right, daily, hourly, talked about how Android was king, etc. He finally caved in and got an iPhone, and now preaches that the higher powers in whatever heaven we believe in, came down and gave us this glorious device to ensure our salvation. :wacko:

Weren't you JUST talking about ditching your EVO Shift and buying a 3G only iPhone 4S? And in a WiMax area? Come on Josh, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining. :P

• Like 1

Weren't you JUST talking about ditching your EVO Shift and buying a 3G only iPhone 4S? And in a WiMax area? Come on Josh' date=' don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining. :P[/quote']

Yes I was recently, but money makes decisions. I was going to get one when I thought I was getting my money in a lump sum.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

Yes I was recently, but money makes decisions. I was going to get one when I thought I was getting my money in a lump sum.

What I'm saying is that you were willing to give up 4G data for crippled 3G just to go to an iPhone.

What I'm saying is that you were willing to give up 4G data for crippled 3G just to go to an iPhone.

Hey, you can't blame me for missing my iPhone. Just look, I keep using it to post from Forum Runner.

Yeah' date=' I'm going to go find a Samsung Instinct or something so I can post with that.

And a Palm Pre, while I'm at it. Because I love 5 year old tech.[/quote']

:rofl:

Sure you do, lol.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

Yeah, I'm going to go find a Samsung Instinct or something so I can post with that.

And a Palm Pre, while I'm at it. Because I love 5 year old tech.

I still have my Palm Pre...with the Touchstone charger

I still have my Palm Pre...with the Touchstone charger

I was thinking about rigging up my nexus to use the touchstone charger. It looked like a lot of work though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking about rigging up my nexus to use the touchstone charger. It looked like a lot of work though.

I remember people doing that with the EVO when it first came out.

A good way to re-use something instead of having to throw it away.