Sprint to do ok with LTE iPhone

legion125

I got that info straight from this website and I even googled it lol the article states that the chips come with WIMAX and lte capability because sprint doesn't want to disappoint they users already in a WIMAX area but they want to expand the lte network I'll post a link when I'm done eating my mcdoubles lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

McDoubles and links aside' date=' this is not accurate. Period!

[i']And for the record, I have never ever reported that any new LTE smartphones will support WiMax. And I have constnantly been trying to educate folks that previous WiMax only devices are incapable of supporting or being modified to support LTE. Neither are true.[/i]

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 3

An LTE next-gen iPhone with unlimited data could potentially "save" Sprint imo. People are finally seeing what data caps do to LTE with the new iPad, and they'll want more data. The biggest knock on Sprint as to why people won't switch to them even though they have unlimited data and it's cheaper, is because of the horrid data speeds (can't blame them.) LTE solves that. Suddenly Sprint is just as fast as the other guys, or close enough, and cheaper and unlimited. That's a huge draw. I've already talked to a lot of people about the potential of an unlimited LTE iPhone on Sprint and what it would mean, and a lot of people that dislike Sprint are now saying that if they have a chance to switch over, they're going to strongly consider it. I just hope NV keeps going really well and Sprint has a large portion of markets done or almost completed by October and things should be gravy.

• Like 4

An LTE next-gen iPhone with unlimited data could potentially "save" Sprint imo. People are finally seeing what data caps do to LTE with the new iPad, and they'll want more data. The biggest knock on Sprint as to why people won't switch to them even though they have unlimited data and it's cheaper, is because of the horrid data speeds (can't blame them.) LTE solves that. Suddenly Sprint is just as fast as the other guys, or close enough, and cheaper and unlimited. That's a huge draw. I've already talked to a lot of people about the potential of an unlimited LTE iPhone on Sprint and what it would mean, and a lot of people that dislike Sprint are now saying that if they have a chance to switch over, they're going to strongly consider it. I just hope NV keeps going really well and Sprint has a large portion of markets done or almost completed by October and things should be gravy.

My thoughts too. Well said. Especially the gravy, part. Emmmmm...

Robert

• Like 2

I was initially planning on switching to sprint( am on ATT now), but the horror stories of sub 200kbps data speeds turned me off. Also the fact that they force you to sign a two year agreement when you want to bring your own phone. Once the LTE iphone comes out, I will gladly sell my iphone and pay my ETF to leave. And I am not the only one who would be happy to switch for some unlimited data goodness as long as speeds are decent.

I was initially planning on switching to sprint( am on ATT now), but the horror stories of sub 200kbps data speeds turned me off. Also the fact that they force you to sign a two year agreement when you want to bring your own phone. Once the LTE iphone comes out, I will gladly sell my iphone and pay my ETF to leave. And I am not the only one who would be happy to switch for some unlimited data goodness as long as speeds are decent.

I was where you are now. When I first switched to Sprint, I came from an at&t iPhone. However, my data speeds on at&t were in my opinion "subpar". I also had problems maintaining a 3G connection and was probably going to lose my unlimited data plan.

I went to Sprint for the 4G data capabilities, and wasn't disappointed there. But I agree that the 3G speeds sucked. However, they are finally improving, and I am more content with Sprint 3G than I used to be.

I got that info straight from this website and I even googled it lol the article states that the chips come with WIMAX and lte capability because sprint doesn't want to disappoint they users already in a WIMAX area but they want to expand the lte network I'll post a link when I'm done eating my mcdoubles lol

I have the definitive answer to this discussion here: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-azzi-we-wont-launch-more-wimax-devices/2012-03-29 No more WiMax devices.

Of course sprint gonna advertise they new lte phones but they will also have WIMAX capabilities too

Not to be a jerk, but where are you getting these ideas? Sprint has said in numerous instances that they will no longer promote 4G WiMax and are moving to 4G LTE. They have said that future PHONES will support 4G LTE.

Of course sprint gonna advertise they new lte phones but they will also have WIMAX capabilities too

This is not correct. And not physically possible. The WiMax antenna runs on 2500MHz. Sprint's LTE is at 1900MHz. It's impossible. Please stop posting nonsense and confusing people. This is a warning.

Robert

• Like 1

Not to be a jerk, but where are you getting these ideas? Sprint has said in numerous instances that they will no longer promote 4G WiMax and are moving to 4G LTE. They have said that future PHONES will support 4G LTE.

I did have to correct a guy on xda that was recently told by a in store salesman that the GSII would be able to handle LTE when it rolled out...word for word out of the reps mouth...such a shame that kinda info gets told to people when its so far from the truth...one thing to upsale someone but dont flat out lie...

• Like 2

I did have to correct a guy on xda that was recently told by a in store salesman that the GSII would be able to handle LTE when it rolled out...word for word out of the reps mouth...such a shame that kinda info gets told to people when its so far from the truth...one thing to upsale someone but dont flat out lie...

Unless Sprint and Samsung are stupid enough to replace the boards in the GSII with an LTE version. Although I can't see them stupid enough to do that.

Unless Sprint and Samsung are stupid enough to replace the boards in the GSII with an LTE version. Although I can't see them stupid enough to do that.

I heard there would be a LTE version of the GS2. It would be a decent mid range phone. The development costs are paid and parts have gone down in price. Wouldn't be that dumb IMO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I heard there would be a LTE version of the GS2. It would be a decent mid range phone. The development costs are paid and parts have gone down in price. Wouldn't be that dumb IMO

No, that wouldn't be dumb. I like that idea to have it as a midrange. And with 15 devices by year end, we sure have some surprises coming our way this year.

Sprintfeed said they were working on an LTE windows phone. I wonder if it is going to be a lineup instead of just one phone. I just cant see them having like 80% of their lte devices be android.

I hope sprint has at least a slider and slab windows phone. Something like the arrive and a lumia 900 would be nice.

Diversity in device choice would be Sprint's smartest move. Too bad device pickings will be slim this summer, unless Sprint decides to surprise us.

Slim? There's the GNex, Viper, and HTC Jet out by June.

Everyone always says that Verizon waters down their lineup with too many devices, and Sprint has 2 flagships and a decent mid/high range in a couple months and it's not enough? Or are you just saying that there isn't a lower case "i" in front of any of them? After all those years of iPhone famine, Sprint is still very Android centered. But I think people will still have the iPhone 4S as a choice and hopefully it won't be too long before WP comes back to town. Maybe a toilet RIM device.

Slim? There's the GNex, Viper, and HTC Jet out by June.

Everyone always says that Verizon waters down their lineup with too many devices, and Sprint has 2 flagships and a decent mid/high range in a couple months and it's not enough? Or are you just saying that there isn't a lower case "i" in front of any of them? After all those years of iPhone famine, Sprint is still very Android centered. But I think people will still have the iPhone 4S as a choice and hopefully it won't be too long before WP comes back to town. Maybe a toilet RIM device.

It has nothing to do with an i device Scott. I would like to see more mid-range LTE devices. I have to wait until December to upgrade anyway, so that will be after all their devices for the year will be released.

It has nothing to do with an i device Scott. I would like to see more mid-range LTE devices. I have to wait until December to upgrade anyway, so that will be after all their devices for the year will be released.

Ah, the $0-99 range is kinda looking like old mother hubbard's cupboard in the LTE category. I don't know if that is because of development costs, or because we don't have the older models to fill in that category. Doesn't Sprint still sell the archaic Optimus S?

Ah, the $0-99 range is kinda looking like old mother hubbard's cupboard in the LTE category. I don't know if that is because of development costs, or because we don't have the older models to fill in that category. Doesn't Sprint still sell the archaic Optimus S?

I don't think they still sell it, but some people can't afford the GNex or the next 'Evo'. Me, i will strive to afford the next high end iPhone somehow, someway.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Tapatalk for free from GetJar!