Feel like I got jipped on 4G

scriptman07

Back in 2012, I bought an Evo Design 4g. WiMax. I was told by the sales rep that we would have 4g in my area by early 2013. I don't know if he was actually right, but eventually we got LTE, not WiMax. I feel like I was promised a service that was never provided for my phone, as I didn't get 4g till I got a new Nexus 5 at the beginning of March.

Did anyone else have this issue, or am I maybe over reacting? Is it a big deal or should I not worry about it?

Not really a place to post a complaint about Sprint. S4GRU is for productive conversations about Sprint services (WiMax, 3G, LTE, etc) devices and markets.

• Like 3

Back in 2012, I bought an Evo Design 4g. WiMax. I was told by the sales rep that we would have 4g in my area by early 2013. I don't know if he was actually right, but eventually we got LTE, not WiMax. I feel like I was promised a service that was never provided for my phone, as I didn't get 4g till I got a new Nexus 5 at the beginning of March.

Did anyone else have this issue, or am I maybe over reacting? Is it a big deal or should I not worry about it?

This horse has been beaten to death multiple times on multiple threads. Clear went broke. End of story.

• Like 6

This horse has been beaten to death multiple times on multiple threads. Clear went broke. End of story.

Another way to put it: :dead:

:lol:

• Like 3

Re-read the first emphasized phrase above, and then ask yourself the 2nd emphasized question.  Unless there's more detail involved such as hand-me-downing the Evo to someone else on a still-active line possibly, it would seem like you fairly well answered your own question.  ;)    

Even that aside, as a former Epic 4G (WiMax based) phone owner myself (and have had to revert back to it twice now while waiting for TEP claim replacements to arrive), in my area I knew going in I'd likely never see it here anyway....but still, technology and, in this case, networks evolve.  There's really no reason to dwell on the past vs. enjoy the present and look forward to the even brighter future.

• Like 2

ok i get it. stupid question. jesus christ, just delete my account. 4chan is friendlier than you people.

I wouldn't take any of it personally....alot of people (and I count myself chief amongst them here) just have edgy senses of humor and like to have a little fun sometimes.  No worries mate, and welcome to S4GRU btw!

• Like 5

ok i get it. stupid question. jesus christ, just delete my account. 4chan is friendlier than you people.

S4GRU does not delete accounts. Your account and its posts remain S4GRU property. But you are free to leave at any time.

We are sorry that you were under misconceptions about "4G." However, if you wish to vent about your misunderstanding, you will need to do so elsewhere. Complaints here are not allowed because they serve no educational purpose.

AJ

• Like 9