iPhone 6 and Sprint Spark

derrph

I'm an iPhone owner who really wants a bigger screen or I'm switching to Android. I got a new LG G2 for a penny via amazon the problem is that it doesn't have kit kat, that update is very nice and runs very smooth. I switch every week just to familiarize myself with Android. I prefer ios and love my iPhone but I have huge hands and a 5.5 inch screen would be perfect for me.

Yeah that's why I'm hoping there's two versions.  a ~4.8" one that doesn't add much size to the 5/s in size and another one that's 5.5+" for those that want one.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Sprint/Apple adds band 41 to this generation iPhone.

I also hope the iPhone supports carrier aggregation too.

I fully expect Band 41 on the next iPhone. CA though, I'm not sure. It may be limited to the AT&T model.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I can't imagine that Apple would abandon the 4" screen 2 generations after introducing it. I bet it lives on as the "C" model, and the larger screens are the Flagship/S upgrades.

My reasoning is twofold:

1. A larger device won't be ergonomically viable for smaller, female hands. That's a huge chunk of the market that they can't afford to alienate!

2. Apple probably still has a boatload of 4" screens in their supply chain.

As for Spark, My guess is that if Qualcomm has the hardware to supply, it'll be included. So, bet on it. :)

• Like 1

Looks like model 

A1476

which supports TD Band 38 and 39, not 41.

I heard somewhere - some Apple rumor site - that Band 41 would be supported somewhere in Asia. I've been trying to dig up that link, but can't seem to find it anymore.

I havent seen it posted yet but friday sprint dropped the prices on all iphone models $50. Thats something they have done previously right before an iphone launch to clear inventory. Im not sure if any other carriers have done the same yet.

I havent seen it posted yet but friday sprint dropped the prices on all iphone models $50. Thats something they have done previously right before an iphone launch to clear inventory. Im not sure if any other carriers have done the same yet.

As much as I want an early release, I don't think they'll break their September release pattern

Or perhaps to get more people out there on dual band devices? ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Or perhaps to get more people out there on dual band devices? ;)

Jamison, that could be. But it could be what Rocket87 said. Therefore, I'm casting my vote for both!

• Like 1

Here's an article some of you who want a bigger iPhone might like. It indicates that the recent success of android phones has apple a bit worried (they specifically reference Samsung and their Superbowl commercial). They're supposed to be "leaked" official documents, of course apple denied that lol.

http://www.hardware-360.com/internal-apple-documents-show-worry-rise-android/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FireChat enables iPhones to leverage iOS 7's Apple Multipeer Connectivity framework to link directly via Bluetooth personal area networks (PANs), peer-to-peer Wi-Fi or a traditional Wi-Fi network, obviating the need for access to a cellular network. OpenGarden's website indicates the company is working on a Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android version of FireChat as well.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/apples-ios-7-taking-cellular-out-networking/2014-03-30

• Like 1

I tried out fire chat, the tech seems cool but that global chat...

I did see the global.. but I switched over to 'local' ( might said 'nearby' ) with a friend over bluetooth.. it worked pretty well.. probably something I wouldnt use - at least I have no real need for it now.. so I tried it and deleted it..

Off topic. But no need for a new thread for this. Do any of y'all run your iphone nakey. I personally hate cases but have one of the leather ones apple produces. Don't get them if you want them to stay clean. Thankfully I got the brown one and the leather just looks worn. I don't think it would look good on any of the other colors.

• Like 1

Off topic. But no need for a new thread for this. Do any of y'all run your iphone nakey. I personally hate cases but have one of the leather ones apple produces. Don't get them if you want them to stay clean. Thankfully I got the brown one and the leather just looks worn. I don't think it would look good on any of the other colors.

yeah i do.. i dont use a case.. looks good and although ive dropped it many times on concrete at work as well as the parking lot asphalt it hasn't cracked the screen yet.. the repair guy i know says he believes Apple tweaked the glass alittle starting with the iPhone 5 screens versus the iPhone 4s which cracked much easier.. as far as what the 5S and 5c.. I hear they are very durable.. especially the 5C which I saw one that has been run over.. 

yeah i do.. i dont use a case.. looks good and although ive dropped it many times on concrete at work as well as the parking lot asphalt it hasn't cracked the screen yet.. the repair guy i know says he believes Apple tweaked the glass alittle starting with the iPhone 5 screens versus the iPhone 4s which cracked much easier.. as far as what the 5S and 5c.. I hear they are very durable.. especially the 5C which I saw one that has been run over.. 

I prefer mine without a case. I just can't stand putting a case on a phone that looks perfect. I would feel the same about a S5 or M8 or most devices. 

No case here. Totally nakey. I have an Otterbox Defender series case I throw the 5 in when I'm in the mountains or somewhere rugged. Beyond that, hell no. There are a few dings from being dropped on concrete.

My wife's 5c has never seen a case and still looks brand new.

• Like 1

I've always used my iPhone with the most minimalist case I could find. Apple black leather case, or spigen slim armor. My next option will be naked with the spigen glas.tr screen protector, and the included back film.

• Like 1

You guys are crazy. I have to have mine in a case. I now have a Lifrproof frē compatible with TouchID on my 5S. I'm so paranoid because I don't want to break my screen or scratch my beautiful gold!

• Like 2

You guys are crazy. I have to have mine in a case. I now have a Lifrproof frē compatible with TouchID on my 5S. I'm so paranoid because I don't want to break my screen or scratch my beautiful gold!

i decided one day with my 4s to not use a case as I found myself more careful with it for the rest of its life. I've been using a case on my 5s lately (the leather apple case). But I am done with them again. I have my phases of the month where I use them, and I don't. I just love the way it feels without a case. And I have AppleCare, so what's a dent or so if the phone still works. Cracked screen and major damages are covered.

Call me crazy, but I prefer my iphone nakey.

• Like 1

My case is a Mophie JuicePack which is quite bulky.  I only put the case on when I think I will be using my phone heavily and will be at risk of running the battery to zero.  Otherwise I keep my iphone naked other than a screen protector and in my pocket with the screen facing me.  If I bump my pocket on something, it is the back of the phone that is impacted and not the screen.  The only risk that I face from this is the possibility of dropping it.

I have a charger in my car, at work on my desk, and at home so in normal daily use I am fine without a case.  Very little chance of breaking my phone since I have a job that does not put my phone at risk.  If I am traveling or will be away from my normal daily locations for any significant period of time, I put it in the charger case.  This makes the charger case last longer.

• Like 1

I should clarify that I work around water on a regular basis, so a waterproof case is a necessity for me.