iPhone 6 and Sprint Spark

derrph

Is the new iPhone's going to be able to unlock for better resell value?!

Sprint has said they will unlock iPhones after off contract or subsidies have been paid for.  But they say they are unable to get the iPhone to work on other domestic carriers due to OEM constraints beyond their control.  Currently, Sprint iPhones will only work internationally when SIM unlocked.  Sprint does commit to doing this on all future devices after February 2015, though.  That would not include the iPhone 6/6+, though.

Robert

For eligible devices, Sprint will unlock the SIM slot, to the extent that a device SIM slot is capable of being unlocked. It is important to note that not all devices are capable of being unlocked, often because of the manufacturers' device designs, and that even for those devices capable of being unlocked, not all device functionality may be capable of being unlocked. Specifically, devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years (including, but not limited to, all Apple iPhone devices), cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network. Sprint has no technological process available to do this. In accordance with Sprint's voluntary commitment contained within CTIA's Consumer Code for Wireless Service ("Unlocking Commitment"), Sprint is working to ensure that all devices developed and launched on or after February 11, 2015, are capable of being unlocked domestically.

Is the new iPhone's going to be able to unlock for better resell value?!

iPhones have been able to be unlocked for quite some time.. pretty sure since at least the 4s... but definately the 5 and newer.. 5s and 5c.. so I doubt this will change now with the even broader support of world networks in the iP6... right now they already show the iP6 as unlockable

https://myimeiunlock.com/

iPhones have been able to be unlocked for quite some time.. pretty sure since at least the 4s... but definately the 5 and newer.. 5s and 5c.. so I doubt this will change now with the even broader support of world networks in the iP6... right now they already show the iP6 as unlockable

But unlock for domestic use?

\

But unlock for domestic use?

Depends, you should be able to use your iPhone 5S from Verizon without any problems on AT&T's network. The same goes for using it on T-Mobile's network.  All you have to do is pop out the SIM card and replace it with one from AT&T. The phone will not only be able to operate over AT&T's GSM-based voice and text messaging network, but you should also be able to get 4G LTE speeds on the phone. You can't do this with a Sprint iPhone because they use GSM obviously ( and Sprint doesnt ).. but an ATT iPhone will NOT work on Verizon because it has no CDMA.   Talk is  more interoperability is coming due to AWS spectrum..

In addition, to those technical limitations when it comes to device interoperability, there's also another barrier: carrier software locks. This is additional software that's been added to the devices at the carrier's request, which locks the device to a particular carrier. The locks can be lifted with special codes you can get from the carrier. A new law signed by President Obama dictates that carriers are required to provide these unlock codes to customers who own their phones and are out of contract.

\

Depends, you should be able to use your iPhone 5S from Verizon without any problems on AT&T's network. The same goes for using it on T-Mobile's network.  All you have to do is pop out the SIM card and replace it with one from AT&T. The phone will not only be able to operate over AT&T's GSM-based voice and text messaging network, but you should also be able to get 4G LTE speeds on the phone. You can't do this with a Sprint iPhone because they use GSM obviously ( and Sprint doesnt ).. but an ATT iPhone will NOT work on Verizon because it has no CDMA.   Talk is  more interoperability is coming due to AWS spectrum..

In addition, to those technical limitations when it comes to device interoperability, there's also another barrier: carrier software locks. This is additional software that's been added to the devices at the carrier's request, which locks the device to a particular carrier. The locks can be lifted with special codes you can get from the carrier. A new law signed by President Obama dictates that carriers are required to provide these unlock codes to customers who own their phones and are out of contract.

So the Sprint iPhone 5S will work with T-Mobile and AT&T

http://ask.myimeiunlock.com/267/sprint-iphone5s-a1453-unlocked-mobile-and-japan-your-method?show=267#q267

Only unlocks for international use.

Pretty sure that was a CSFB issue...not a phone issue. And besides, the iPhone 6 has those big ole antenna bands.

Yea. That was the issue my nervousness is because the iPhone 6 will support the Spark network.

Yea. That was the issue my nervousness is because the iPhone 6 will support the Spark network.

According to the EIRP stats on the article posted to the wall, the 6 could possibly be a great performer...especially on b41. Maybe even better than the nexus 5...But again, no body knows until actual real world performance. When I get mine next week hopefully, I will test it out compared to my brothers 5s.

• Like 1

Why is this discussion separate from the iPhone 6 omnibus thread?

Thread closed.

AJ