Iphone keeps deleting all photos then restoring

illest_ios

My iphone is currently on 7.0.4 and is a iphone5. It has pretty much no memory. About less hen 1 gb. Any ideas as to why it keeps doing this? This is like the 7th time it's done this and does it randomly. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never even heard of that issue.  And I run the stock iOS as well though.  I'm not a huge fan of jailbreaking my iPhone.  It definitely could be your jailbreak.  If you can live without your jailbroken iPhone try 7.1 and see if it fixes your problems.  Also try trevlegit in our forum because he likes to jailbreak his phone as well.  Maybe PM hiim.

• Like 1

Wow, I've never had problems with my photos deleting then restoring to my phone. Do you have Photostream enabled?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Sounds like something funky going on with iCloud.  Try going into Settings | iCloud | Photos and turning off My Photo Stream or Photo Sharing for a while to see if it sorts it out.

• Like 1

All my photos don't fit in the cloud... Yeah it literally deleted every single phone out of no where then I have to wait about 30 minutes before the have all "restored" back to device. And the iphone is not plugged in when this happens...

All my photos don't for in the cloud... Yeah it literally deleted every single phone out of no where then I have to wait about 30 minutes before the have all "restored" back to device. And the iphone is not plugged in when this happens...

Have you installed anything recently? Apps, Cydia tweaks/themes/repos? If you have a you remember what it is, remove it. If you haven't, I'd advise making a list/screen shot all the packages you have installed and all of your repos you have installed. Remove every single package, then every extra repo. Gradually add them back in and keep track of what you just added, if the problem pops up again then you know what was causing it(if its a Cydia thing but since my Google search didnt turn up anything I really don't think its your jailbreak...).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you have a Mac? If you do, download iPhoto on your Mac. Then plug your phone in and dump all those pictures into iPhoto on your Mac and then allow iPhoto to erase the shots on your phone.

Then, I would sync your phone with iTunes and iCloud and the. Do a full factory reset, then restore from your iCloud backup.

If you can live without jail breaking, I would upgrade to ios7.1. It's a huge improvement.

For windows there's iexplorer, you can essentially do a full back up of everything on your iPhone. Pics, notes, texts, I don't think I've run into something you can't. Its a lot better than iTunes.

You could always manually wipe your photos with iexplorer and then reinstall them to your phone(there's a chance that its a corrupted photo/video messing with things too). I personally never saw a reason to upgrade to 7 from 6, Cydia had everything 7 added and more.

IOS 7.1 would probably fix the issue immediately

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Yeah it would, it'd be a clean install. However he's of the mindset I was with my 5(do anything and everything possible to keep the jailbreak before resorting to a clean install). I sent 8 hours debugging my 5 to keep it at 6.1. If he wipes the photos and Cydia packages, then reinstalls the packages one by one his problem should be fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Mine kept doing this when I had very little memory free. My guess is it's some sort of last resort when there isn't enough memory free for normal operation. Are you also having apps crash more frequently than normal and phone responding sluggishly in general? I would suggest freeing up some memory and seeing if that helps.

Mine kept doing this when I had very little memory free. My guess is it's some sort of last resort when there isn't enough memory free for normal operation. Are you also having apps crash more frequently than normal and phone responding sluggishly in general? I would suggest freeing up some memory and seeing if that helps.

Welcome to S4GRU. While we certainly encourage conversation on just about anything smartphone related, please note that you are commenting in a nearly 3 year old thread with no recent activity.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1