iOS 7.1 update available

Steven800

Don't get your hopes up for an iOS 7.1 jailbreak. Pod2G tweeted saying thay the evad3rs won't be working to make a 7.1 jailbreak. He said they probably won't work colelctively on it again until 8 comes out.

However, pod2G said that if he is ever bored and wants to put the time and effort into a 7.1 jailbreak, he said that he has some ideas of how to make it possible. Either way, I wouldn't hope too much for it.

-Anthony

I have no problem waiting till they jailbreak ios8. I finally upgraded from ios6 last week and there is no way I'm losing my wifi tether or movie box app!

• Like 1

Is it worth it to Jailbreak?

Maybe not for my iPhone 5S because I can't put a different PRL on it, but my iPhone 5 I can jailbreak and put a custom PRL to prioritize 1x800 voice in hopes that it stops the problems for my friend. Warranty runs out today, and Apple wouldn't do anything for me.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I have no problem waiting till they jailbreak ios8. I finally upgraded from ios6 last week and there is no way I'm losing my xxxxxxxxxxx or movie box app!

Please do not reference that kind of thing on this site. We do not endorse such a thing on this site.

Thank you,

Staff member.

• Like 7

He might have tethering in his plan and just prefer one of the alternative solutions to the stock tethering capabilities. I used to have it with att( I got a gig of free tethering after a rep In store flipped shit for no reason and I complained), but I preferred one of the alternatives because it let you control broadcast range(useful for public places), granted I think its highly unlikely but its possible.

Oh and PS I'm pretty sure the movie box app shouldn't be mentioned either (if it's the one I've heard of its a piracy app).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PS I'm pretty sure the movie box app shouldn't be mentioned either (if it's the one I've heard of its a piracy app).

I've never heard of that app before.

The biggest reason I want to keep my jailbreak is Signal 2, but I suppose I could live without it. I just wish Apple would open up the API's so Signal 2 could make it to the mainstream App Store.

I've never heard of that app before.

The biggest reason I want to keep my jailbreak is Signal 2, but I suppose I could live without it. I just wish Apple would open up the API's so Signal 2 could make it to the mainstream App Store.

Enjoy the wait, they only finally overhauled the OS because of all the jailbreak tweaks and improvements(and the fact that the number of iOS users who were jailbreaking kept climbing rapidly). If they shut down jailbreaking where will they get their ideas to innovate for ios8/9:P?

If its the same as it was when I was an iOS user last(6.1), then its a repository app to download movies. Sort of a seedy filesharing website in an app. Granted there are so many apps/tweaks in Cydia I could very easily be mistaking it for something else.

MacinJosh,

Are you on ios6? I want to put Signal2 on my device (7.0.4) but it says that it's not compatible with my is version.

Marc

Have you tried installing it anyways, or checking Google? Sometimes things are compatible anyways.

Has anyone noticed better reception or 800 MHz connections with 7.1? I'm wondering whether the update modified the radio firmware or otherwise did something so we can use the 800 bandwidth (though maybe we won't know until there is also a prl update).

Marc

• Like 1

MacinJosh,

Are you on ios6? I want to put Signal2 on my device (7.0.4) but it says that it's not compatible with my is version.

Marc

iOS 7.0.4 Signal 2 works fine on it.

Has anyone noticed better reception or 800 MHz connections with 7.1? I'm wondering whether the update modified the radio firmware or otherwise did something so we can use the 800 bandwidth (though maybe we won't know until there is also a prl update).

Marc

iPhone 5 & 5S had access to the 1x800 signals all the time, but are limited to only in locations where PCS voice isn't available. The PRL scan prioritizes it that way. But frankly, I'd rather see it the other way around to keep voice signal indoors better than a -95dBm.

iOS 7.0.4 Signal 2 works fine on it.

ok - maybe a dumb question - but how did you actually get a copy?  I don't see any way to have Cydia install it.  I looked for a way to force the install per kojitsari's suggestion but don't see that option...

Thanks,

Marc

ok - maybe a dumb question - but how did you actually get a copy? I don't see any way to have Cydia install it. I looked for a way to force the install per kojitsari's suggestion but don't see that option...

Thanks,

Marc

Do you have the proper repo that hosts it?

ok - maybe a dumb question - but how did you actually get a copy? I don't see any way to have Cydia install it. I looked for a way to force the install per kojitsari's suggestion but don't see that option...

Thanks,

Marc

The only way I know how to get it on iOS 7 is by using a hacked repo. Since it's a paid app, Cydia won't let you pay for an app that isn't iOS 7 compatible, but a hacked repo will. I won't tell you how since I don't support hacked repos, I just really wanted to see what the app was about since it's our half-assed version of signal check and fully intended to pay for it once it became iOS 7 compatible.

Thanks,

Marc

Do you have the proper repo that hosts it?

Signal 2 is on the ModMyi repo. It's a standard repo in Cydia.

Posted Image

And yes, it does install despite not being supported on iOS 7.0.4

The only way I know how to get it on iOS 7 is by using a hacked repo. Since it's a paid app, Cydia won't let you pay for an app that isn't iOS 7 compatible, but a hacked repo will. I won't tell you how since I don't support hacked repos, I just really wanted to see what the app was about since it's our half-assed version of signal check and fully intended to pay for it once it became iOS 7 compatible.

I doubt its half-assed, considering planet being made it... I doubt its as good as signalcheck but its still a useful app.

Quick Google search turned up it being updated for iOS 7 on modmyi repo(a default repo for Cydia).

Signal 2 is on the ModMyi repo. It's a standard repo in Cydia.

e4amydyh.jpg

And yes, it does install despite not being supported on iOS 7.0.4

Josh, it looks like you've paid for this app in the past, which is probably why you can install it. The payment system in cydia doesn't allow you to buy incompatible apps.

When I was jailbroken a month ago, I couldn't download it without a hacked repo. I even emailed the dev and asked about an updated version that I could buy. I never received a response.

• Like 1

Josh, it looks like you've paid for this app in the past, which is probably why you can install it. The payment system in cydia doesn't allow you to buy incompatible apps.

ModMyi officially lists it as iOS 7.1 compatible on their website 0.o

Yes, I bought the original Signal way back when, and when v2 came out, I was able to download it immediately.

Oh I'm. It sure if the radios were updated or not but I know that before the update it said sprint 15.0 and after it shows 16.0 . And that's when u go to settings and about phone.

That's just the carrier bundle. Radios usually are updated. Look for the Modem Firmware near the bottom of the about screen. iOS 7.0.4 says 1.03.01

That's just the carrier bundle. Radios usually are updated. Look for the Modem Firmware near the bottom of the about screen. iOS 7.0.4 says 1.03.01

2.18.02 here on 7.1

2.18.02 here on 7.1

same

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's quite the big modem firmware update. I wish I knew where to look to see what's all included. Anyone see any reception improvements since the 7.1 update?