iOS 7.1 update available

Steven800

For us jailbroken users, we have to wait until it's jailbroken before updating. Thanks for the post though!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

For us jailbroken users, we have to wait until it's jailbroken before updating. Thanks for the post though!

Enjoy the wait, this one fixes a bunch of exploits:/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How much space does iOS 7.1 take up total on your phones?

My update is taking forever to download. Thank you brighthouse. -____-

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad. My AT&T UVerse is slow too.

Don't feel bad. My AT&T UVerse is slow too.

But I pay for mine to be faster :( I just checked download though it's about 30 which is normal. Must be apples servers under some stress

How much space does iOS 7.1 take up total on your phones? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

idk not much I think only 238 Mb I had to delete some stuff and and before that I had only 1.5 gbs left and after deleting some stuff I had 2.4 gb and then after I installed the update it still shows 2.4 gbs left even though it said I needed 1.9 gbs to do the update.

idk not much I think only 238 Mb I had to delete some stuff and and before that I had only 1.5 gbs left and after deleting some stuff I had 2.4 gb and then after I installed the update it still shows 2.4 gbs left even though it said I needed 1.9 gbs to do the update.

I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking how much space the total operating system requires (its referred to as the newest installment, aka iOS 7).

I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking how much space the total operating system requires (its referred to as the newest installment, aka iOS 7).

1.44gb is the os

1.44gb is the os

Huh I figured it'd be up around 2gb now. Thanks for letting me know!

Huh I figured it'd be up around 2gb now. Thanks for letting me know!

Well on iTunes it says that is the file size. Sucks that I can't download it yet.

Too many damn ios users downloading it at one time.

Don't get your hopes up for an iOS 7.1 jailbreak. Pod2G tweeted saying thay the evad3rs won't be working to make a 7.1 jailbreak. He said they probably won't work colelctively on it again until 8 comes out.

However, pod2G said that if he is ever bored and wants to put the time and effort into a 7.1 jailbreak, he said that he has some ideas of how to make it possible. Either way, I wouldn't hope too much for it.

-Anthony

Man, I'm still on 7.0.4, I was gonna update to .6 but then I saw 7.1 was released. I'm jailbroken and don't want to lose mine. What was the whole deal with the SSL security issue? It worries me but I haven't had a chance I look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I'm still on 7.0.4, I was gonna update to .6 but then I saw 7.1 was released. I'm jailbroken and don't want to lose mine. What was the whole deal with the SSL security issue? It worries me but I haven't had a chance I look into it.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to fix it without losing your jailbreak just Google it(someone released a fix on Cydia).

• Like 1

Managed to get it really fast this morning before the millions wake up and try and download it. I like the update. Touch ID definitely seems to respond slightly faster when unlocking. And there is this weird bug that gives  a flash in my screen when  I press the home button and then leave my finger for touch id to unlock, rather than unlocking with the lock button and then placing my finger. 

Parallax seems snapper. As well as the fly in and out effect when opening up apps and app folders. This also applies to unlocking the phone for the first time. (assuming you do not have reduce motion on) Keyboard has been slightly adjusted to make it darker. Probably for the old people. I would prefer the lighter keyboard to be honest. I haven't made a phone call yet so I don't know what the new phone app looks like, but I doubt it will be a gigantic issue to learn.

Good update. I enjoy it. I will be counting how many times my phone crashes. my apps used to fail at least 3-4 times a day. And the phone would do a  apple screen of death every week or so.

Wow. My iPhone 5 is much faster to respond. One of my biggest issues with ios7 was the length of time it took to respond to closing an app using the home button and how much the parallax effect slowed down the process of opening Apps. Always drove me nuts. I'm very glad they got this worked out. The os is very snappy now!

• Like 1