Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" owners thread

Destroyallcubes

So I am surprised there is not one of these. But I thought it would be nice since I have a question. Has anyone found a way to access "enginerring" screens on this tablet. I used to have a tab 2 on Verizon and could access it then. Any Ideas?

No but there was a update that I got Wednesday that added KNOX to the tab 3

Did your tab 3 update to 4.4.2?

So I am surprised there is not one of these. But I thought it would be nice since I have a question. Has anyone found a way to access "enginerring" screens on this tablet. I used to have a tab 2 on Verizon and could access it then. Any Ideas?

Download an app called PRL helper, it allow you to access some of the extra settings.

• Like 2

No but there was a update that I got Wednesday that added KNOX to the tab 3

if its a new update I am glad I just rooted before know got added. If not O well haha

Download an app called PRL helper, it allow you to access some of the extra settings.

Yeah that did not help. I think the engineering screens are no longer available. Darn

Not many posts about this, but I'm pretty impressed with it's battery life. Last week I managed 8 days on battery with light use (6 hours screen on time) before I hit 5% battery remaining. I wouldn't have thought the stand by time would be so good.

• Like 2

Not many posts about this, but I'm pretty impressed with it's battery life. Last week I managed 8 days on battery with light use (6 hours screen on time) before I hit 5% battery remaining. I wouldn't have thought the stand by time would be so good.

Do you have your screen on full brightness, dimmed down or auto?

Just wondering because I've been so busy I haven't "timed" it yet, but I have mine on full brightness. I on the other hand do have the screen on quite a bit.

Do you have your screen on full brightness, dimmed down or auto?

Just wondering because I've been so busy I haven't "timed" it yet, but I have mine on full brightness. I on the other hand do have the screen on quite a bit.

I use auto brightness. It seems to stay dimmed on its own most of the time unless direct light is on the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This tab was given to me by Sprint a few days ago when I bought my (awesome, kickass) Nexus 5. At first, I was stoked. I mean, hey, a "free" tablet! But I now see how terribly abysmal the screen resolution is. Just atrocious. It's going back ASAP!!

This tab was given to me by Sprint a few days ago when I bought my (awesome, kickass) Nexus 5. At first, I was stoked. I mean, hey, a "free" tablet! But I now see how terribly abysmal the screen resolution is. Just atrocious. It's going back ASAP!!

You will have to pay a hefty return fee I believe its over $70 to return a tablet
  • Like 1

Anyone else having wifi signal issues? I have to be very close to a wifi router or the tab wont pick up the signal.Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have noticed a somewhat weaker WiFi signal than my n5, but it isn't as bad as what you are saying.
  • Like 1

You will have to pay a hefty return fee I believe its over $70 to return a tablet

Oh damn....I think you're right. Those bastards!! Jk....but I wonder if the 14 day return policy applies to tablets as well? Hmm..I'll call and find out.

Oh damn....I think you're right. Those bastards!! Jk....but I wonder if the 14 day return policy applies to tablets as well? Hmm..I'll call and find out.

You could sell it on craigslist for $150 or eBay. And keep the tab on the $5 plan, and then after 2 years just cancel the line. You end up with a few bucks overall.
  • Like 1

Hey, the screen could be black & white and in 8 bit. It could be worse.

• Like 2

Yes its 14 days and 75 restock fee for all tablets.

The Tab isn't bad.  The size is perfect for taking with me to work and to different places through out the day.  Yea the display isn't the nicest but its better than my crappy Kindle Fire HD that I spent $150 on.  I haven't decided if Im going to keep my 2 GB $15.00 plan or if im going to drop down to the $5.00 plan. Android 4.4 would be really nice.  Hell any update would be nice. Its still on Galaxy 4.2 ( My wife has the WIFI version and it's two updates behind for some reason.) Anyone hear anything about when we are suppose to receive KitKat?

• Like 1

The Tab isn't bad. The size is perfect for taking with me to work and to different places through out the day. Yea the display isn't the nicest but its better than my crappy Kindle Fire HD that I spent $150 on. I haven't decided if Im going to keep my 2 GB $15.00 plan or if im going to drop down to the $5.00 plan. Android 4.4 would be really nice. Hell any update would be nice. Its still on Galaxy 4.2 ( My wife has the WIFI version and it's two updates behind for some reason.) Anyone hear anything about when we are suppose to receive KitKat?

That 2 gb was a promotion, if you go down to the $5 and decide to go back the $15 plan will only get you 1gb. So keep that in mind.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Do you think we'll receive kitkat on this tab7, or will it be unsupported now the tab4 's are coming out?

I know the cell versions of the tab3's came out quite bit later than the wifi versions, so we could be lucky.

It can be a little sluggish, but I like it, I was hoping that kitkat will improve it a little.

I like the multiuser logins, but I thought it was different to have to download the same app twice, one for each user, using up twice as much room.

Do you think we'll receive kitkat on this tab7, or will it be unsupported now the tab4 's are coming out?

I know the cell versions of the tab3's came out quite bit later than the wifi versions, so we could be lucky.

It can be a little sluggish, but I like it, I was hoping that kitkat will improve it a little.

I like the multiuser logins, but I thought it was different to have to download the same app twice, one for each user, using up twice as much room.

I changed the animation scale to .5X and set limkts on apps running in the background and found it helps alot. But can still be a lil sluggy. I hope the new tab 4 will be smoother with its quad core.

I also changed the animation scale, I put them as zero, which I feel does help a lot also.

I try and stop most apps giving notifications too, and stop individual apps syncing in the background.

What do you mean set limits on apps running in the background, is on each individual app or is there a global setting?

I also changed the animation scale, I put them as zero, which I feel does help a lot also.

I try and stop most apps giving notifications too, and stop individual apps syncing in the background.

What do you mean set limits on apps running in the background, is on each individual app or is there a global setting?

Under developer options its some of the last options. Background process limit is what i changed to a smaller amount
  • Like 1