Update your profile and PRL on CyanogenMod

miguell2

Does anyone know how to update ones profile or PRL while on CyanogenMod on a GS3? My coworker is having an issue with his phone, that I fixed by updating my own profile (stock HTC one). I haven't found this info anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to update ones profile or PRL while on CyanogenMod on a GS3? My coworker is having an issue with his phone, that I fixed by updating my own profile (stock HTC one). I haven't found this info anywhere.

I had the same issues with my Epic 4G (now on FreedomPOP) while running CM10.3. You need to see if there is a temporaery boot / rom available. I can only speak from experience with the Epic4G but I am able to activate the 2nd rom in recovery and than update my profile and PRL without any issues. As soon I reboot I am back in the CM rom. I guess there is a solution for your phone like it too.

• Like 1

I always thought that was odd having to switch back to a stock rom.

Why does prl/profile update work on, for example nexus devices, but not cm?

why can't the necessary apk and/or other files be installed into a CM rom (like play services), either via normal apk or flashable zip?

why can't the necessary apk and/or other files be installed into a CM rom (like play services), either via normal apk or flashable zip?

I would imagine there are system framework dependencies on some devices that they haven't reverse-engineered. They probably don't think it's worth their time.

• 1 year later...

Pull up the testing menu, you can command the phone to get PRL by selecting CDMA PRL...when complete, go back to settings and pick LTE only or whatever you normally use. On the note 4 testing is to dial *#*#4636#*#* might be similar on others. 

• Like 1