LG G Flex Users Thread

bmoses

Miami area has been shut out of band 26 and 800 voice until rebranding is complete. Anywhere within 80 miles of Miami is not allowed to use 800 lte or voice for the time being. There is some band 41 around though since Miami has launched as a Spark city.

You said the "R" word, now I'll have nightmares tonight! 

You said the "R" word, now I'll have nightmares tonight!

Ah, but what "brand" will it be? That's the larger question. ;)

Thanks for the quick replay, but I'm sure my phone is on CDMA/LTE. I don't know about the Sim thing, what do you mean? My phone is phone I can make calls and receive as well, 

is there lte in your area?

Wow that sucks badly did not know that wonder how long that would take i just got this g flex lastnight even though im getting good speed compare to my note 2 but its a bummer hearing about band 26.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

hey how are you liking it so far???

I have the note 2, and while i am happy as pie with it....i am always looking for what i would like next...

i wont worry about it to much, till i know that 41 is FULLY working on the phones around here, and we get a good dose of 26 launched...

is the screen much smaller/different??  how about short cuts and what not of sammy vs lg

hey how are you liking it so far???

I have the note 2, and while i am happy as pie with it....i am always looking for what i would like next...

i wont worry about it to much, till i know that 41 is FULLY working on the phones around here, and we get a good dose of 26 launched...

is the screen much smaller/different?? how about short cuts and what not of sammy vs lg

Hey sup well i love the phone i mean i see what alot of folks mean about the screen not being that great compare to the note 3 and g2 as i held them side by side but i didn't care it didn't bother me as much as i knew that this was something new that lg is trying out with the P-Oled screen thats why i think it looks the way it looks i dont think ts the 720p resolution.

I came from the note 2 i had no regrets plus i wanted something different for a change instead of a sammy phone the phone itself is really snappy battery life is very nice i love watching movies and videos on this device the curve screen really makes a difference but i think you should go to the store and just chilled there and play with one see if you would like it or not that's what i did for about an hour since it was full in the store then i just decided to get it plus i have 14 days to return it but i really enjoy this phone so im sticking it out till the note 4 or till the next g flex 2 which i know would be a better improvement.

• Like 1

Ok, my wife broke her OG, and even though we had insurance on her phone, they wanted $150 to replace her phone! So here I am, as I just bought 2 LG Flex phones!!! :rasp:

My OG has just went dead as my wife purchased both phones while i am at work. We may not keep her's as she a little petite something so she may get an LG G2.

Ok, my wife broke her OG, and even though we had insurance on her phone, they wanted $150 to replace her phone! So here I am, as I just bought 2 LG Flex phones!!! :rasp:

My OG has just went dead as my wife purchased both phones while i am at work. We may not keep her's as she a little petite something so she may get an LG G2.

Well, 14 days and 30 bucks are all that it'll take to put her into G2. Size might be an issue and the unique shape but definitely let us know how that works out. 

Well, 14 days and 30 bucks are all that it'll take to put her into G2. Size might be an issue and the unique shape but definitely let us know how that works out. 

Yeah, while she was still at the store, I told her to get the G2. She is much happier with that. We also picked up a free Samsung Tablet for $15/mo and she said the Flex and the tablet were damn near the same size! Hell, after I get my hands on it, I may be swapping out for a G2 also LOL!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, while she was still at the store, I told her to get the G2. She is much happier with that. We also picked up a free Samsung Tablet for $15/mo and she said the Flex and the tablet were damn near the same size! Hell, after I get my hands on it, I may be swapping out for a G2 also LOL!!!

Ha ha! Yeah, my wife is little (4'11) with little hands, G2 is a little stretch for her but she loves it.  There are a few "One-handed operation" settings that can make it even easier to reach commonly used things such as Dialer, Keyboard, Lock screen PIN. I have big hands and still use the one-handed setting for dialer, it's "handy". 

I also got the tab and that's working out pretty good too!  :tu:

• Like 1

i have the tablet and the flex, and for the tablet only being 1" bigger on the screen it is way bigger overall than the flex! the jump from my evo 4g LTE to the flex wasn't near as big as the flex to the galaxy tab 3 7" tablet. if you don't need any sprint network data on the tablet you can change to the $5/mo 25meg plan online when signing into your account :)

i have the tablet and the flex, and for the tablet only being 1" bigger on the screen it is way bigger overall than the flex! the jump from my evo 4g LTE to the flex wasn't near as big as the flex to the galaxy tab 3 7" tablet. if you don't need any sprint network data on the tablet you can change to the $5/mo 25meg plan online when signing into your account :)

I will blink at that thing and use 50 MB, LOL!! So I better keep it where it is for at least the first month to see how it goes. It's primarily for my wife, since I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 tablet/laptop hybrid. 

Ok, I feel like I just got punked! Look at the damn size of this thing!!!

IMG_2877.jpg

From left to right:

The LG Optimus G

The LG G2

The LG Flex

The Samsung Tab 3

and for reference another Optimus G turned sideways so you can see how rediculusly wide the LG Flex is in the OtterBox case!!

• Like 2

Ok, I feel like I just got punked! Look at the damn size of this thing!!!

[image Removed]

From left to right:

The LG Optimus G

The LG G2

The LG Flex

The Samsung Tab 3

and for reference another Optimus G turned sideways so you can see how rediculusly wide the LG Flex is in the OtterBox case!!

Ha ha ha, I bet wife was like "oh hellz no".  :lol:  Flex is quite the large device. Thanks for the pic, that is great for people to see. 

• Like 1

I'm going to be doing a lot of bouncing around on these forums because although the Lg Flex seems to have a great radio, the LG G2 WiFi performance sucks. It just for no reason at all just stops downloading... Oh well, LG Flex FTW!!!

I'm going to be doing a lot of bouncing around on these forums because although the Lg Flex seems to have a great radio, the LG G2 WiFi performance sucks. It just for no reason at all just stops downloading... Oh well, LG Flex FTW!!!

Check out your router, my G2 is golden and at 150Mbps connection, can't be mad about that. What are you downloading?

Well I for sure like the screen better on the G2. The Flex is not bad, its just - different. I'm sure I'm just sensitive to the OLED vs IPS technology.

By the way, how do I set the LTE preferences on the Flex?

I will blink at that thing and use 50 MB, LOL!! So I better keep it where it is for at least the first month to see how it goes. It's primarily for my wife, since I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 tablet/laptop hybrid. 

yeah, i was more meaning if you didn't need mobile data, if you only use it at home while on wifi then you don't need to pay sprint for any data use, but if you take it out and about and need data on it then yeah you will want to pay for a higher amount.

Well I for sure like the screen better on the G2. The Flex is not bad, its just - different. I'm sure I'm just sensitive to the OLED vs IPS technology.

By the way, how do I set the LTE preferences on the Flex?

yes, i agree with that, it is different. in most cases it looks great, but there are a few where you can tell its different. if you load the Netflix app when it first starts up with its all red screen that's where you can see it the most. its like its speckled with black dots and isn't 100% red. i don't think it has anything to do with the screen only being 720p and more to do with the fact that its the plastic flexible screen.

i've noticed it on the camera too, when you take a picture and look at it on the phone screen it has that graininess too it, but if you copy the pic to a PC and look at it there it looks great.

• Like 2

Ok, does anyone want an otterbox case for flex, cause this thing is just too damn big!

Are there any other holsters for this that are more reasonable sized?

Ok, does anyone want an otterbox case for flex, cause this thing is just too damn big!

Are there any other holsters for this that are more reasonable sized?

i looked at the otterbox but it looked like it would make the phone too big! i ended up ordering this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUFYUSQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it hasn't come in yet so i'm not sure how good it will be, but the pics looked good so i figured i would give it a try. also i just noticed it is listed as prime eligible and $9 for the case now, when i ordered it on saturday it was $1.95 for the case and a couple bucks for shipping  :blink:

ok, i little anecdotal signal comparison here.

i grabbed my coworkers N5, which is on the .23 radio, and compared it to my flex in my cube at work here while connected to the same tower. i put the phones in several different spots to compare to and the N5 had anywhere from a 5-8dbm better signal strength than the flex.

based on what i've read about the N5 compared to the G2 it sounds like the flex has about the same signal performance as the G2.

• Like 3