Show dBm in status bar without Field Test

kory108

A new jailbreak tweak was just released that shows the dBm in the iPhone status bar without the need to use the Apple Field Test screen workaround. There is also one for WiFi. I've tested out on my Sprint iPhone and it works as expected. Much easier than the field test workaround!

Numeric GSM Enabler

Numeric Wifi Enabler

numericgsmenablerbanner.png

The tweaks can be found in Cydia and are enabled from the Settings app.

http://modmyi.com/content/13687-how-easily-put-numeric-rssi-indicator-your-status-bar-wi-fi-cellular.html

• Like 2

A new jailbreak tweak was just released that shows the dBm in the iPhone status bar without the need to use the Apple Field Test screen workaround. There is also one for WiFi. I've tested out on my Sprint iPhone and it works as expected. Much easier than the field test workaround!

Numeric GSM Enabler

Numeric Wifi Enabler

numericgsmenablerbanner.png

The tweaks can be found in Cydia and are enabled from the Settings app.

http://modmyi.com/content/13687-how-easily-put-numeric-rssi-indicator-your-status-bar-wi-fi-cellular.html

Can you tap the number and have it switch between dots and dBm?

-Anthony

Can you tap the number and have it switch between dots and dBm?

-Anthony

Just tested that out as well and yep, tapping that section of the screen switches back and forth between the dots and dBm.

• Like 1

i love how -92dbm on an iphone is considered "3 dots/bars", and the same dbm reading is 1 bar of service on the N5

Yes, it's much more of a logarithmic scale than a linear one. The dots change more rapidly as your dBa reading worsens. For those that are curious, below is the dots/bars to dBa mapping iPhones use. I wasn't able to find similar information for the N5, but if anyone has it I think it may be interesting.

Signal%20Strength%20to%20dBa%20iPhone.pn

• Like 3