[Misleading] New Note 3 model reportedly getting Sprint Spark!

Androidaholic

Maybe someone else could call that store and ask about it and see what they say. I believe that it is true why would they tell me that? I was looking at phones to buy one when the girl volunteered the information to me after I told her that I liked the Note 3 but did not want a phone with out Sprint Spark.

answered your own question.....

think about it for about 2 mins

• Like 1

I understand why she told me but I see no reason for her or the manager to give out false information about it. As soon as she told me that I knew right then that I wanted to wait for that phone to come out. Therefore no sale was made because of it. They all know that the Note 3 is the best specked and most expensive phone in the store so why would they intentionally lose a sale by making something up. That would be bad business principals.

I understand why she told me but I see no reason for her or the manager to give out false information about it. As soon as she told me that I knew right then that I wanted to wait for that phone to come out. Therefore no sale was made because of it. They all know that the Note 3 is the best specked and most expensive phone in the store so why would they intentionally lose a sale by making something up. That would be bad business principals.

A rep gave a friend of mine the run around yesterday when she went in to get a Kyocera KONA. Told her it would cost this, then that, and even told her that she would have a 2yr contract with a $350 ETF to sign up on Framily! Yeah, they will tell you anything!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Maybe someone else could call that store and ask about it and see what they say. I believe that it is true why would they tell me that? I was looking at phones to buy one when the girl volunteered the information to me after I told her that I liked the Note 3 but did not want a phone with out Sprint Spark.

We don't doubt what you're saying. We doubt the source. The problem is here is that store reps and managers have never tipped off a coming device before other sources. Not once since I have been running S4GRU. That's been since Mid 2011.

In fact, store employees usually find out after the info has been well covered by tech sites. It's not a dig on store employees, it's just that once it makes it to that level, the rest of the world already knows.

What store employees do find out often before others is plan changes. They are great sources of info about what Sprint is about to enact with terms, plans, pricing, etc.

To go back to the GS4 with Spark, we heard about it 4-5 months in advance of it going on sale. And the tech media found out about it 2 months before it went on sale with the FCC OET documents were posted. It started showing up in third party retail computer systems 1-1/2 months before sale. And corporate stores found out about it around one month before sale.

Hopefully this gives you an idea why we are skeptical of the people who told you. And the bottom line is most commissioned sales people lie. They just do.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Understood, I just did not understand why they would lie when it would kill the sale of a new device. Of course I may be giving them more credit than I should. Maybe I over estimated there intelligence. I am very good at reading people though due to my life experiences. Anyway, thanks Robert and time will tell the outcome of this tale. I am now finished with this discussion and see no reason to talk about it any longer. Thanks again

• Like 1

At this point in the game, I'd imagine Samsung would be better off concentrating on Triband in the Note 4 rather than yet another re-release of a previous model.

Should of released it originally triband just like the s4.

If it's true, it will go through the FCC OET any day soon and there will be an S4GRU article on the wall almost immediately. Like the Triband S4. It would be great if it happens but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We had rumors from credible sources for six months about a Triband S4. We haven't heard from any sources about a new Triband GN3. It may come to pass, but I'm not counting on it. And if it was already known at the corporate store level, we would know it.

That would really irritate me, as I bought the GN3 on Dec 31 because I wanted a really good RF performer to use until 800 LTE lights up here in Harrisburg.  The GN3 has lived up to my expectations and then some...but if a Tri Band version comes out...  I want it!  I was going to patiently wait for the GN4.

At this point in the game, I'd imagine Samsung would be better off concentrating on Triband in the Note 4 rather than yet another re-release of a previous model.

Especially as there isn't much on the hardware front to differentiate the note 4. We knew a year in advance about the snapdragon 800 chip, a note 4 is likely to be an 805 or the 805 with a mild clock boost (maybe an izgo 2.5k screen, still 3gb ram, still 32gb storage etc). Not a bad thing at all, but saving triband on sprint makes sense, especially given the cost of pushing a note 3.5 through certification. The s4 is a few months away and will almost certainly be triband (for it not to be would be rather silly). I could certainly be wrong, but it seems a little much, especially with the ability to flip phones frequently now. The s5 is 2 months away and if you have to have a note the note 4 is maybe 7-8 months away? Get the s5 and flip it for a note 4 6 months later.

The rep was probably just confusing the s5 which will likely be announced at mwc.

Note 4 will have 4gigs of ram at least a 2k screen and a 64bit processor in my opinion along with tri band LTE.

Screen is likely, ram highly possible but I'm curious about the processor. I think the exynos variant will be 64bit but I'm not as sure about the lte \ snapdragon variant. Qualcomm are usually shouting about their top end chips 6-12 months before they actually hit devices. I would have expected more noise from them about a 8XX series 64 bit chip. They talked about the 410, so we may see an 810 like rumours suggest but I would have thought they would have talked about it already. Qualcomm are so the opposite of cell phone makers, they're screaming about their products long before they ship, probably because they know it will leak anyway when they ship validation socs to oems. 

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be argumentative, just thinking aloud :)

Trapper keeper????Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now that brings back memories. I came from a large family. My parents wouldn't buy Trapper Keepers for us. I thought my parents were abusing me because all the cool kids had one. ;)

After one whole school year of hiding the generic one my parents bought me, I vowed to buy one myself. I worked over the summer so I could save money and buy myself a Trapper Keeper. Earning 25 cents for every job around my house or pestering my neighbors for work. I mowed a lot of grass, cleaned gutters, pulled weeds. All in that 100° summer heat.

I was so satisfied when I earned enough money for one. I walked the mile to the local Raley's store in Vacaville, California to buy it. It was blue. The most radical shade of electric blue. Awesome, dude.

Of course, after buying mine, they came out with new ones with full color images on all surfaces. But it was glorious for about one week. Until school started. And then everyone had one. I realized what a waste of time to work so hard for something that was fleetingly cool. I never cared about what everyone else thought was cool ever again. It was the beginning of becoming the quirky slightly antisocial nerd, who dislikes what is popular and roots for the underdog.

I guess it is the fault of Mead and their Trapper Keeper that caused me to become the owner of a Sprint site! Sprint is the nerdy, quirky, antisocial non popular underdog wireless provider.

• Like 12

Whoa I stirred up some memories with that. Fancy book covers were also the thing. I also made a crazy deal with my mom one Christmas when I gave up my entire Christmas for super street fighter 2 on SNES. I loss on that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Whoa I stirred up some memories with that. Fancy book covers were also the thing. I also made a crazy deal with my mom one Christmas when I gave up my entire Christmas for super street fighter 2 on SNES. I loss on that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you did lose on that one. :(

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I also made a crazy deal with my mom one Christmas when I gave up my entire Christmas for super street fighter 2 on SNES. I loss on that one.

You lose on that post.

Ryu-Bison%2BLose.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

I hear the new Note will actually be a spiral notebook. Double ruled. 3 hole pre-punched.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I actually thought of this a few years back when HTC did their spiral patent. But enhanced it with making it a three screen hybrid.

As the HTC Voyager 4G

tn_htcTripleVoyager4G-enhanced.png

But I really like this new concept much better. Although I would add quad front facing speakers to it.

TS out (dreaming of the ultimate Note)

I actually thought of this a few years back when HTC did their spiral patent. But enhanced it with making it a three screen hybrid.

As the HTC Voyager 4G

But I really like this new concept much better. Although I would add quad front facing speakers to it.

TS out (dreaming of the ultimate Note)

Way to get back on track. We're trying to derail this thread until actual news. I mean regional supermarket Raley's and Trapper keepers. This could have been the ultimate tangent thread! We just need a Cleveland sucks video and we would have been golden.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2