Snapdragon Battery Guru vs Power saver/Connections Optimizer

travismheim

I've been trying to compare the Qualcomm battery guru app and HTC's built in power saver / Sprint's connections optimizer over the last month. It seems to me that battery guru just seems to mess up app sync settings and doesn't offer any better stand by time. I also don't care for its WiFi management, it doesn't seem to work as well as connections optimizer. Am I the only one who thinks this? I keep reading about how the app will continue to learn and improve but after 3 weeks I still don't think it is as good as the built in functions on my phone.

I did my testing with an EVO and a ONE. I get a consistant 45-50 hours of battery time on both phones with light to moderate use using power saver/connections optimizer but haven't gotten better than 36 hours using battery guru. Should I keep letting battery guru "learn" in hope of more improvement or just get rid of it?

In my use, BatteryGuru works great for standby time on my N5. I can go a full 10 hour work day and commute and only lose about 15% of battery, where it would be about 40% without. It doesn't really help during active use.

Perhaps it doesn't work well with HTC devices?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

In my use, BatteryGuru works great for standby time on my N5. I can go a full 10 hour work day and commute and only lose about 15% of battery, where it would be about 40% without. It doesn't really help during active use.

Perhaps it doesn't work well with HTC devices?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It certainly seems to work, but I was comparing it to HTC's power saver and the connections optimizers from Sprint that are pre loaded on the phones. I'm mostly curious if other HTC users have tried it and gotten better results. Maybe I need to let it learn some more?

I have battery guru loaded on my nexus 5 and it seemed to work well for the few days I was using the phone before I got tired of missed and dropped calls.

If you are rooted have you tried Greenify?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have not rooted my phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I've noticed with Battery Guru, after it first start learning helped me squeeze out ever ounce of battery left. Now after about 2 weeks it doesn't save as much battery on times when I'm not really using the phone. 

For example, when I'm in the office, I pick up my phone only to text and to see some emails that come in every now and then. I'm not doing anything too intensive, so it doesn't seem to restrict sync on these hours. BUT, when I'm at home, I'll be watching youtube, looking up news, and talking on the phone, Battery Guru tends to keep the sync on lock down as I'll get more notifications on my tablet. I think Battery Guru does actually learn how you actually use the phone, and is not always so restrictive in it's battery conserving modes at times. With that said, I still have yet to get the phone down under 20%, considering before using the app I would almost always be at 5% by the time I got to bed. Same usage, but battery guru will extend the battery life.

-Luis

• Like 1