Network Vision and Spark EARFCN logging thread

I actually like cdk's suggestion of using a subscript for second carrier, if feasible.  That gets rid of the "squared" implication while still looking elegant, I think.

I wonder how well a subscript would display in the notifications shade.  On the other hand, my thoughts are that a plain script "#X" carrier number moniker could display in the notifications bar, too.

AJ

I'm seeing the squared on my Verizon daily driver now. Is mikejeep using that to signify 20 MHz on Verizon? Our market went away from second carrier of AWS to a single 20x20 due to the spectrum swap they did with T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wonder how well a subscript would display in the notifications shade.  On the other hand, my thoughts are that a plain script "#X" carrier number moniker could display in the notifications bar, too.

AJ

You mean in the icon in the notifications bar?  I'm not sure I'm following.

I don't like the #X notification because I don't think it will look as nice.  But that's me.

- Trip

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this something new?  40072 and 39874 in San Diego.

It's one of those "weird" EARFCN assignments. 

39874 corresponds to center frequency 2518.4 MHz. 

40072 corresponds to center frequency 2538.2 MHz

Adding 198 would be 40270 which would be 2558.0 MHz. 

It's one of those "weird" EARFCN assignments.

39874 corresponds to center frequency 2518.4 MHz.

40072 corresponds to center frequency 2538.2 MHz

Adding 198 would be 40270 which would be 2558.0 MHz.

Seeding 3xCA?

Seeding 3xCA?

Part of the earfcn reorganization.

2496-2568, 2572-2614, 2618-2690 are the theoretical maximum maximum allocation.

2618-2672. 5 is the BRs high portion. 2496-2568 is mostly leased Ebs which is very variable.

2572-2614 was really only seen in Columbus who are migrating away to 2618+ for 3 contiguous carrier aggregation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Part of the earfcn reorganization.

2496-2568, 2572-2614, 2618-2690 are the theoretical maximum maximum allocation.

2618-2672. 5 is the BRs high portion. 2496-2568 is mostly leased Ebs which is very variable.

2572-2614 was really only seen in Columbus who are migrating away to 2618+ for 3 contiguous carrier aggregation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

does new jersey have enough PCS Even with CDMA 2000 to go 10X10

Are they refarming CDMA capacity for lte capacity

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Yes there are reports across the country where PCS C block is used with G to create 10mhz LTE carriers.

• 1 month later...

Got this just south of Nashville. Is this new?attachicon.gif IMG_1350.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 5mh FDD LTE carrier located on center frequency 1933.1 which is the PCS A block.

So a 2nd 5mhz b25 carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes there are reports across the country where PCS C block is used with G to create 10mhz LTE carriers.

They are trying to swap with other carriers to create 10x10, 15x15 or even 20x20 adjacent blocks. I wonder if Dish migh e willing to let go of PCS F block for peanuts (which the only things that Sprint can afford nowadays ;))

• Like 1

They are trying to swap with other carriers to create 10x10, 15x15 or even 20x20 adjacent blocks. I wonder if Dish migh e willing to let go of PCS F block for peanuts (which the only things that Sprint can afford nowadays ;))

If you mean the PCS H Block (Dish doesn't own the F Block), it honestly won't help Sprint that much. It's frequencies are not included in Band 25 and Sprint would need yet another boutique band, new equipment and certifications from the FCC and it probably wouldn't really be worth the cost.

• Like 1

PCS H is useless though. Better off swapping with C5

• Like 1

PCS H is useless though. Better off swapping with C5

I recall reading AJ's and lilotimz posts on PCS H block's problems. I wonder though if at some point in the future the gubment will decide to consolidate spectrum and offer Sprint/Dish the ability to include H block into b25.

I know it would require new hardware to accommodate the expansion, but since the only real barrier is the politically divvy'd up spectrum (as opposed to the actual physical frequency) - I'd say it would be possible to repack B25 if there was enough motivation.

I recall reading AJ's and lilotimz posts on PCS H block's problems. I wonder though if at some point in the future the gubment will decide to consolidate spectrum and offer Sprint/Dish the ability to include H block into b25.

I know it would require new hardware to accommodate the expansion, but since the only real barrier is the politically divvy'd up spectrum (as opposed to the actual physical frequency) - I'd say it would be possible to repack B25 if there was enough motivation.

The government does not decide the bands.

An international standard consortium (3GPP) does and you cannot retroactively add stuff. It must be in a new superset band of you want to add compatibility with the PCS A-F blocks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...